Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Broke the news of the impending cab tomorrow to she who must be obeyed and she actually used the words 'cool'.

I have the greatest missus in existence :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Broke the news of the impending cab tomorrow to she who must be obeyed and she actually used the words 'cool'.

I have the greatest missus in existence :pac:

I died a little inside seeing that phrase coming from you man. :(

That's going to be one tortuous day in work for you, best bus ride home ever though! :cool:

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I died a little inside seeing that phrase coming from you man. :(

That's going to be one tortuous day in work for you, best bus ride home ever though! :cool:

Ah I was just trying to take the sting out of it for the likes of ciderdude ;)

Regarding work, three words for you man -

Work from home! :D

Laptop in bag and at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I believe this would be the scene

homer-simpson-working-from-home.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah I was just trying to take the sting out of it for the likes of ciderdude ;)

Regarding work, three words for you man -

Work from home! :D

Laptop in bag and at the ready!

And yes, you do have the greatest missus in existence, fecker!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

safetyboy wrote: »

Do you think that the air forces and space agencies of the world are missing a trick by not employing teenage girls in various states of undress to fly their machines?
    Seems to work out well for the average Japanese shmup!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just had my first game on my now WORKING Time Crisis Cab!! The problem in the end was two of the wires coming from the gun wired up to the wrong holes in the connector on the end!!

no way!
    what a pain!
    how did you figure it out?

Basically they told me haha.. they sent me a new wire to plug onto the end of the gun and it worked. they admitted it was wired incorrectly and where offering me a refund, i wanted the thing working though so asked them to send me a new wire. working perfect now, recoil and all!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah delighted for ya! Amazing how something so small can bugger up all your fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ah delighted for ya! Amazing how something so small can bugger up all your fun :D

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

keithgeo wrote: »
    Basically they told me haha.. they sent me a new wire to plug onto the end of the gun and it worked. they admitted it was wired incorrectly and where offering me a refund, i wanted the thing working though so asked them to send me a new wire. working perfect now, recoil and all!

That's great news keith. Did they just contact you out of the blue or did you have your own suspicions and make contact with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Avatan?

Master of the Universe

Sun is splitting the stones all week. Cab arrival day comes - rain! Seriously?!

Have a big heavy blanket at the ready. Hope that does the job...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Have a big heavy blanket at the ready. Hope that does the job...!

You planning on having a snooze when it arrives :)

That's great news keith. Did they just contact you out of the blue or did you have your own suspicions and make contact with them?

I contacted them, I bought a replacement gun board in case that was the issue, it wasnt. I reseated all the game boards in the cage, still didnt work. The game runs fine, the peddle works, when you shoot the gun the screen flashed but when you where calibrating it would not register on screen. The gun was brand new, bought it from arcadespareparts . so i contacted them and they sent me a wiring diagram, i checked against mine and it was wrong. they were going to give me a refund if i posted it back but i wanted to get it going so they tested over there with one of their own and sent me out a new cable, plugged it in last night and it worked straight away!

Master of the Universe

You know when dogs sit by a window, staring at absolutely everything which moves passed?

That's been me since 8AM :(

Where's my elephant?!!

On the plus side, it stopped feckin raining :)

Achilles wrote: »
    Avatan?

Ah now, that's mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Which Pony did you get Oisin? Either way, it calls for 'the Pony song'. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh noes! Never post a song before the imminent arrival of a cab...its a harbinger of doom! We had to ban people who kept posting I Want Candy when someone was about to take delivery of a new cab, everything kept arriving broke*

*may not be true

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Which Pony did you get Oisin? Either way, it calls for 'the Pony song'. :D

Got a Pony III 25. Here she is :) (will be landing with the monitor vertical)

DSC_0008-2_zps49c81c82.jpg

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Oh noes! Never post a song before the imminent arrival of a cab...its a harbinger of doom! We had to ban people who kept posting I Want Candy when someone was about to take delivery of a new cab, everything kept arriving broke*

*may not be true

If this cab doesn't power on first go I will weep like no other man has ever wept before.

Have a Raiden II pcb out and ready to go....

If this cab doesn't power on first go I will weep like no other man has ever wept before.

Have a Raiden II pcb out and ready to go....

Where the hell is it & why is it taking so long!? :D

Master of the Universe

Delivery guy just rang, be here in 20 minutes. Finally!!!

/****, just realized I'm here on my own. Last guy helped me into the house with the other one. Lets see how nice this chap is :pac:

Delivery guy just rang, be here in 20 minutes. Finally!!!

Should we be expecting a brand new thread with hardcore filth posted inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Got a Pony III 25. Here she is :) (will be landing with the monitor vertical)

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

EnterNow wrote: »
    Should we be expecting a brand new thread with hardcore filth posted inside?

Bloody hope so! First time logging on and was hoping to see a Pony cab thread.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Bloody hope so! First time logging on and was hoping to see a Pony cab thread.

It's all a big lie. I was just looking for attention :(

Still no sign...mad to think there's truck driving around Dublin somewhere with my cab in the back of it :pac:

• Advertisement

It's all a big lie. I was just looking for attention :(

Still no sign...mad to think there's truck driving around Dublin somewhere with my cab in the back of it :pac:

He's probably parked up somewhere having his lunch. Probably thinks it's a new washing machine for your misses so no rush. :)

Advertisement