Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    So the leisure 2000 is gone :(
    gone but not forgotten

Had it a proper screen & jamma setup?

No,
    it was mame only
    had a super nice monitor tho

urbanledge wrote: »
    No,
    it was mame only
    had a super nice monitor tho

Crt?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Crt?

Hantarex polo. :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hantarex polo. :)

Without a jamma setup?

• Advertisement

it was a crt form a cctv system,

Master of the Universe

Ahhh, so the original monitor had been pulled out? :(

Yeah it was long gone before I had it,
    I'm happy with too cabs for the moment.
    I will get another at some stage tho.
    if they right one comes up for the right money!

If its not a dedicated machine, or a cab with a crt & jamma loom...then its just a big wooden cabinet with a pc in it. No need to feel the loss of something like that :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Totally agree, i enjoyed building my mame cab, learned a lot, but now its just a big jukebox! I cant bear playing games on the LCD in it!

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    Totally agree, i enjoyed building my mame cab, learned a lot, but now its just a big jukebox! I cant bear playing games on the LCD in it!

Oops I forgot you made one, thats not to take away from your cab Keith you did a fine job on it! But you know yourself, they really are just pc desks that are a different shape to the normal ones

Your grand i totally agree with you, though its great as a jukebox, we use it all the time and when people come over they spend more time on that than they do playing the cabs.

Master of the Universe

The danger of cabs and having people over is they can never be happy with one game! There's nothing scarier than changing a game board with a few pints on you :eek: So I can definitely see a MAME cab having a good reason to exist there.

I'm tempted to have a multi board just for such occasions.

and when people come over they spend more time on that than they do playing the cabs.

Aye I'd say the average Joe Soap would just see a list of games & glue themselves to it for the night. Its great having a mix of Mame & dedicated cabs :)

To be honest, its the Jukebox they spend the night on! Its really good, running SDK jukebox i think its called, have thousands of albums on it with artwork etc. and use a mini bluetooth keyboard to type in song numbers, its just like a pub one.

Has anyone seen this thread on this lads mame project cab with auto rotating monitor? If tony stark was to build a cab it would look like this.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,88912.0.html

Has anyone seen this thread on this lads mame project cab with auto rotating monitor? If tony stark was to build a cab it would look like this.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,88912.0.html

Pretty incredible skillz right there.

Master of the Universe

Amazing skills and design work - but I have to wonder, why go to all the hassle of auto rotating an LCD? I could understand if he had a CRT in there.

Here's a far cheaper (and quicker) LCD rotation device -

arm.jpg

Personally I'd just go with having two cabs, one vert & one hori

Master of the Universe

Yeah I was all set in my thinking that an E2 was the ultimate solution - until I heard that although the monitor spins easily, the bezel itself is a bollocks to reorientate.

One vert and one hori brings so much joy to me I don't even know where to begin. I may weep when they're finally both powered on at once :)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    the bezel itself is a bollocks to reorientate.

I think you can just leave 2 screws holding the bezel apposed to the 8

2/3 cabs is the best tho:D:D

Master of the Universe

Sure why have 2/3 when you can have 4? :pac:

I now have to figure out how to squeeze a dedicated cabinet into the house..my missus loves HOTD2, maybe that's my window of opportunity?

'Surprise! Happy Birthday!!!'

4?...pft... ;)

IMG_5158.jpg

Granted most of these need some form of work, but still, I'll get to it at some stage. Oh, five is still not enough either ;)

ka603m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

OK...I need a wiring guide for a blast city CP. My controls are all ****ed up and I cant figure it out

Just checking the Jamma harness and looks like the 1P Start and Up arnt wired into the edge connector, Anyone got any ideas?

can you get to the service screen?

Well doesnt matter now, I took the edge connector off to give her a look and didnt put it back on properly so a bit of the plastic melted, so yeah....Im a retard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Well doesnt matter now, I took the edge connector off to give her a look and didnt put it back on properly so a bit of the plastic melted, so yeah....Im a retard

Yikes melted? Always make sure the cab is turned off when plugging things in or out for a start. Any pics of the problem?

Ah it was my own fault, I was getting pissed of with the CP and didnt double check the edge connector before powering back on

IMG_20130514_183006_zpsde72f1b6.jpg

I'm so pissed off, ****ing stupid mistake. Have to get this CP sorted though. No idea what it could be

Have to order a new edge connector then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Don't suppose you can cut away some of the melted plastic and get it functional again (if it's not already)?

Advertisement