Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah if it's just plastic melted onto it you should be able to just cut it away?

Really weird anyway. I've accidentally wired boards up incorrectly a good few times and have never seen that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah if it's just plastic melted onto it you should be able to just cut it away?

Really weird anyway. I've accidentally wired boards up incorrectly a good few times and have never seen that happen.
    Already gave it a go and its melted past the pins at the very inside so can't cut away in there. Ah ill have a nice time wiring up a new edge connector :( tried popping out a pin aswell to see if I could make it easier and ended up breaking it, so more and more fun for me. I have the worst look ever with cabs

Stupid mistake, I smelt burning and just prayed it wasn't serious. Smelled like tcp disinfectant actually incase anyone ever smells it. Ah sure its an easy fix, just time consuming. The board is fine anyway, got a little black and one of the connections lifted slightly from the heat, ill sort that out though.

o1s1n wrote: »

Already gave it a go and its melted past the pins at the very inside so can't cut away in there. Ah ill have a nice time wiring up a new edge connector :( tried popping out a pin aswell to see if I could make it easier and ended up breaking it, so more and more fun for me. I have the worst look ever with cabs

Stupid mistake, I smelt burning and just prayed it wasn't serious. Smelled like tcp disinfectant actually incase anyone ever smells it. Ah sure its an easy fix, just time consuming. The board is fine anyway, got a little black and one of the connections lifted slightly from the heat, ill sort that out though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Um that wasn't the board I gave you earlier was it? You breaks it you pays for it. :P

I think the wires from the cab wiring are soldered onto the back of that jamma female connection. You can get them here if you need them (probably other places too).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Um that wasn't the board I gave you earlier was it? You breaks it you pays for it. :P

I think the wires from the cab wiring are soldered onto the back of that jamma female connection. You can get them here if you need them (probably other places too).

Sure was haha ah the board is fine, Ill be hanging onto it anywho I reckon. Ill order one of those tomorrow and get her all wired up again. There's a few wired floating around inside the cab that have been taken off the connector so ill have to look into all that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sounds like a few pain in the ass teething problems - did the cab come with these cp issues? Picture/sound all ok hopefully.

Master of the Universe

Does anyone know - I currently have Mercs in my Pony but I can't get player 2 working.

The main screen says insert coin three times (one for each player). When I insert a coin, it coins up player 1. Can't figure out how to coin up player 2.

I wonder did the cab have three coin slots? That's the way it seems to be acting.

Unfortunately there's no dip setting for free play to get around it!

Edit - yeah check it out, three coin return slots

mercs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jamma has a specific pin labeled 'T' for Coin switch #2, maybe the Merc board is listening on this line for player 2 coin up.

Master of the Universe

Yeah, I think you must be right! Having a look over the dip menus as I thought it might be to do with the kick harness type points on the board. But they're only for player 3 coin (CN 3)

http://www.coinop.org/kb_dl.aspx/KB/Pinouts/Mercs.txt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I never thought I'd get this done as I'm useless with wood... after a few false starts over the past few weeks I finally managed to put this together tonight:

310053_10201351842500839_1960475375_n.jpg

It's not perfect and it doesn't all quite match up but that's due to my lack of experience. I'm quite proud of it anyway!

Now to wait for a clear day to spraypaint it...

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Fair play man! Some nice woodwork skills there :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sounds like a few pain in the ass teething problems - did the cab come with these cp issues? Picture/sound all ok hopefully.

Ah picture and sound perfect! Ah I'm not sure, first thing I did was take out the **** sticks that came on the cab and put I'm my virtsticks. Thinking now they might be part of the problem

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles wrote: »
    I never thought I'd get this done as I'm useless with wood...

he he

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Ah it was my own fault, I was getting pissed of with the CP and didnt double check the edge connector before powering back on

I'm so pissed off, ****ing stupid mistake. Have to get this CP sorted though. No idea what it could be

Have to order a new edge connector then

Simple solution and no need to wire up a hole jamma connector

buy each of the below - join them together, connect to your jamma connector and on the opposite side of the burnt out pin, loop the wire over the connecter and straight onto the new jamma connector. This assumes you're wires aren't burnt out though.
    pic2.jpg

Ah I think I'll just wire it up to a new edge connector. There's a few stray wires coming from the back of the cab that i want to take a look at and see where they are meant to go, few pins on my connector have solder on them but no wire :S

Would I be better off soldering on the wires or is there quik connects I could use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Ah I think I'll just wire it up to a new edge connector. There's a few stray wires coming from the back of the cab that i want to take a look at and see where they are meant to go, few pins on my connector have solder on them but no wire :S

Would I be better off soldering on the wires or is there quik connects I could use

solder is a must - you don't want any connectivity issues brah :o

still though - get yourself a FrancoB fancy jamma pass through for headphones or the like, and you'll only have one wire to solder :)

Just googled it and came accross your youtube video haha

Might do that, I have the harness out of the cab and all. I was half thinking of just sending it off to someone over on AO who would do a lot better job of wiring it up then me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

You could try Franco but I think he isn't taking any new wiring orders at the moment to concentrate on his own projects!

Already sent him on a PM on Jamma+, see what he says now

No joy, He's not taking on any work at the moment.

Such a nice chap though, told me to give it a go myself and giving me some pointers. From this day foward no more mistake and acting the maggot with cabs. Everything is going to be done proper now

Plus I had that dongle up on AO for about 10 minutes and I got a PM off someone looking to buy it so I'd say that will sell

• Advertisement

Whats it worth?

No idea yet, but apparently the motherboard is worth a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

No idea yet, but apparently the motherboard is worth a good bit.

You got the motherboard as well?

Nope :(

That was taken out of the cab long before I got it I'd say

Master of the Universe

Had many a glass of port last night with my girlfriend's dad. Ended up going home with quite a fuzzy head.

Decided to stop off on the way and pick up a Parcel Motel package - buttons!

Woke up this morning wondering why my fingers were sore. Came down to find this -

2013-05-16081425_zpsf060eeba.jpg

All working too. Apparently changing buttons is so easy you can even do it when you're gee eyed :D

As always, beautiful buttons, courtesy of Seimitsu. They're really leagues ahead of the Sanwa ones which were in there.

Now just gotta get that right stick changed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Looks good :)

Usually waking up after a session with sore fingers is not something to tell the internet about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Looks good Mate ;)

You need a rubber mat cut to size for that foot rest .

Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    Looks good Mate ;)

You need a rubber mat cut to size for that foot rest .

Yep! If I don't get one soon I've a feeling it's going to get scratched up fast.

Any idea how those rubber mats are attached? There seem to be some little holes on the foot rest. Unfortunately they've been covered up with that new paint job.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

On the Cute it's just glued on there , when I got it the mat was loose on both ends but some plain old Bison Kit took care of that .

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Can you remember that lad's name over on AO who was selling cut rubber by any chance?

Advertisement