Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hey Urbanledge, here's the marquee with art in it like you were asking earlier. Looks spot on!

2013-05-21232831_zpsbef553da.jpg

Looks the biz,
    going to try flog a few on AO and Jamma+!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So who wants to import a heap of cabs ?? Got this email for a Chinese seller I buy various bits from..

"Japan Cabinet and Machine 110v in stock offer , base on 20" or 40" container

All the cabinet already fix it in a 40 and 20" container

a 40"
    Astro City x 1 @USD100
    New Astro City x 20 @USD150
    Versus City x 12 @USD200
    New Versus City x 10 @USD400

a 20"
    Blast City x 25 @USD300"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Is this real?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Is this real?

Yep. Although the price of shipping a container from China is probably not cheap !!

Yeah and import duties would be a crippler I'd imagine

cant hurt to find out though

• Advertisement

Yeah but where do you keep 25 blast cities!

25 happy homes! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Customs and import duties would ride you sideways I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    Very nice .

My OCD forces me to place the correct marquee whenever I put in a new game !

Heh, yeah, I have an AVP glossy printout - however I really love that Mr Driller 2 art so it usually stays in :o

Shikigami as literally just in the Pony so that's my excuse there! :D
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Looks the biz,
    going to try flog a few on AO and Jamma+!

Hopefully you get some takers. If anyone ever asks about my one I'll send them your way. Delighted with it so I am. Really sets the cab off.

So im getting a sega stv off J+ with Die hard and decathlon,
    how much does radiant sivergun go for?
    what other games should I be keeping an eye out for?
    also!
    Do some of the shumps support tate?Anybody selling any carts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Radiant Silvergun STV normally weighs in (currently, and I'm estimating broadly here) at around €300-€350 for the cart only.

If you somehow miraculously stumble across some original arts, add another €50-€75 depending on completeness and condition.

A full kit? Guestimating around €500-€600. Never seen one though. Most common to surface are loose carts or cart/board combo's with/without copy arts/manual.

Of course at that price, and the fact that Radiant Silvergun, Soukyugurentai and Boomerang Cotton are among the most expensive, and often bootlegged titles, you want to be absolutely 100% certain what you are buying is the real deal.

Have the seller open the cartridge case and take photos of the circuit board. Don't even hand over a cent before that. If they won't comply, walk away. :)

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Radiant Silvergun STV normally weighs in (currently, and I'm estimating broadly here) at around €300-€350 for the cart only.

ouch

might scratch that off the list for a while!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So im getting a sega stv off J+ with Die hard and decathlon,
    how much does radiant sivergun go for?
    what other games should I be keeping an eye out for?
    also!
    Do some of the shumps support tate?Anybody selling any carts?

Shienryu.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Shienryu.

I know first hand how much Dunos loves that game. :D

ouch

might scratch that off the list for a while!

Coinopexpress (a legit company in HK) has a cart only with (i think) copy arts for around US$405 right now.

Only downside with that is there are no pics of the cart, although they are reputable you still want to account for the fact whoever brought it in might not have opened the cart to check the boards.

Plus, there is always the fact that your perky, tender buttocks are going to get soundly ploughed by An Post and the Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Master of the Universe

Skip Radiant as the Saturn version is better and far cheaper. Souky goes for about €70-€90 and it's just as good, if not better.

Still hunting for Shienryu myself - there were several of then on ebay a while back, but none since!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Eventually got myself an electroluminescent A4 panel that works properly. The plan is/was to use it to backlight the artwork on the Egret 3.
    Just did a quick test and I'm not really happy with how it looks :0(
    Maybe I can do something with it but at the moment it washes out the artwork and isnt as bright as I would have hoped.

I'll take some pics/vid later to show how it looks. On the plus side it does fit in behind the artwork without issue

Here's a quick and dirty video to show how it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

That looks ok to me steve but brightness like that can be hard to discern in a video.

I still think the opacity of the marquee is an issue. If you look at spectre's work over on AO he offers backlit and non-back lit marquees.*

*I'm assuming here that the marquee you are using is a standard print for non backlit holders. Apologies in advance if that's incorrect!

• Advertisement

That looks ok to me steve but brightness like that can be hard to discern in a video.

I still think the opacity of the marquee is an issue. If you look at spectre's work over on AO he offers backlit and non-back lit marquees.*

*I'm assuming here that the marquee you are using is a standard print for non backlit holders. Apologies in advance if that's incorrect!

It looks ok, but not as nice as expected. The artwork is a self printed job on premium glossy photo paper. I'll try it on some real artwork later on and see how it looks.

Master of the Universe

Would you not stick in a new fluorescent bulb and starter? Or is there no mounting for one?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Would you not stick in a new fluorescent bulb and starter? Or is there no mounting for one?

Ah no, that all works fine. The candy is not powered up in the vid, just the EL panel :)

Master of the Universe

Oh so the light from the bulb doesn't carry up and through the marquee on an Egret 3? That's a shame. Your solution looks really well anyway. Would be interested in seeing how it looks with a piece of art made for backlighting.

Mad that Taito didn't include a light for the marquee, especially when the first Egret marquee looked like this -

100_0464.jpg

It would make life easier if they had some sort of artwork illumination alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I think the idea is perfect you just need to find the right material to print on, what do they use in those Blast city marquees as they are back lighted , thin Vinyl ?
    Thin as possible would be best I think, like those small paper instructions used in the SNK woodies .
    I use a led strip pointed at the front of the artwork .

I think the idea is perfect you just need to find the right material to print on, what do they use in those Blast city marquees as they are back lighted , thin Vinyl ?
    Thin as possible would be best I think, like those small paper instructions used in the SNK woodies .
    I use a led strip pointed at the front of the artwork .

I'm pretty sure I don't have any artwork printed in vinyl. Unless it came with some pcb's I've got in storage.

Anyone know a good place to get artwork printed onto vinyl? Maybe someone over on AO?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Cool, I'll definitely check it out as it looks like I'll be getting another candy in 2-3 weeks and it also requires a solution to backlight the artwork.

• Advertisement

I've not seen it person yet but this was kindly delivered to my mums shed today by a fellow boardsie :)

391299102808904.jpg

Can't wait to get down to check it out and see how much restoration is needed.
    It needs work of course but its nice to see a little life in it :)
    391299278623428.jpg

Advertisement