Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

nice lights in the cab,
    on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty darn pricey for those mini trisyncs.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170686917875 (291 Euro not inc shipping).

I think I'll look into a cheaper option to replace the electronics etc. Where would i find a normal arcade crt of that size anyway?

On an arcade related note, I'm trying to get this Taito F3 to work again on my cab and it just wont play ball. I've had this ages and never got it working so I really want to decide if its knackered or just needs something simple done to it.
    When I attach it to the JAMMA connector on my cab and power on a red LED on the cab PSU starts to flash on and off (its normally solid on with the rest of my pcb's etc). It's the same with a game attach to the F3 or if its just the motherboard itself.
    There's just one pot on the f3 and that's to adjust the voltage that goes to the board (I think) and everywhere i read that I should not touch this and in fact its been glued over to stop any adjustments.

Here's a vid of the problem (sorry, crappy quality and a bit shaky) :

From my very limited knowledge/experience your best to ask on Jamma+ or ArcadeOtaku ;) but seriously, an LED blinking like that to me might mean one of two things, something shorted OR pulling too much power than the PSU can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    From my very limited knowledge/experience your best to ask on Jamma+ or ArcadeOtaku ;) but seriously, an LED blinking like that to me might mean one of two things, something shorted OR pulling too much power than the PSU can provide.

Yeah, seems logical alright.
    I've put it up over on arcade otaku and will see what comes of it. I did hook up a multimeter to it to get the voltages. Seemed to be getting 4.4-4.8 volts to some areas and 10volts to others. I've not really sure about the multimeter though so i could be doing it wrong.

Decided to upgrade the iCade buttons again as i was a bit bored earlier.
    I'd already stuck proper Happ buttons in instead of the crappy generic happ style ones that it comes with as it was a direct replacement.
    But to fit the proper Sanwa's in I had to dremel the case a little and do a bit of rewiring inside to get everything hooked up.
    So far its so much nicer to play and I just need to come up with a plan for the stick now.

So, from this:
    dsc6145i.jpg

To this:
    dsc3374sml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Yeah, seems logical alright.
    I've put it up over on arcade otaku and will see what comes of it. I did hook up a multimeter to it to get the voltages. Seemed to be getting 4.4-4.8 volts to some areas and 10volts to others. I've not really sure about the multimeter though so i could be doing it wrong.

You just need to get the output voltage at the JAMMA harness connector - prob easier without a board attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Without the board attached the voltages may be incorrect. Switched mode PSU need a load attached before the output stabilises.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Decided to upgrade the iCade buttons again as i was a bit bored earlier.

Wow, the difference those new buttons and stick make to the overall aesthetic of that iCade is like night and day.

Happ sticks and buttons really do look cheap in comparison!

Happ are fairly ****e imo
    theres so much travel on the buttons.
    Sticks aint too bad tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I really don't like Happ.
    Horrible buttons and sticks..built for durability not precision.
    Americans seem to love em for fighting games!!!"
    WTF it takes 1 second to regesiter a button press compared to sanwa where you breath on them and they register.
    Actually just to note I do remember reading something about Happ being bought out by a company called IL and they now sell ****ty Chinese knock offs compared to originals.
    How they could be worse I don't know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Happ = Crap

Sanwa = Sanwha?

Seimitsu = [edit] Seminal!

• Advertisement

True for SHUMPS but for fighters Seimtsu are more like [edit] not smashing

Where as Sanwa are [edit] quite good

Aye. And it will always be that way.

STG = Seimitsu
    Fighters = Sanwa

Though the new 2014 range from Seimitsu looks very appealing!

You're all in big trouble when dad gets back from his party :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're all in big trouble when dad gets back from his party :D

Honey, I'm home!

Edits done.

Jokes aside.
    Don't do it again.
    Seriously...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Omg after much searching I found a utility on some obscure website called Hyperspin Rom Match... it's an app that reads the Hyperspin XML files and matches and renames your roms accordingly. So far I have Mega Drive, Snes and N64 up and running.

Happy days, I was going bloody spare trying to figure it all out.

Achilles wrote: »
    Omg after much searching I found a utility on some obscure website called Hyperspin Rom Match... it's an app that reads the Hyperspin XML files and matches and renames your roms accordingly. So far I have Mega Drive, Snes and N64 up and running.

Happy days, I was going bloody spare trying to figure it all out.

Have you joined up on the forums??
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-HyperSpin-Main-Forum&

Everything you'll ever need to know about hyperspin is there.

Have you joined up on the forums??
    http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-HyperSpin-Main-Forum&

Everything you'll ever need to know about hyperspin is there.

Yeah I'm on the forums but the whole 'do it the easiest way possible' approach seems to be frowned upon there. :-)

So glad I found this utility it really has been a god send. Now that I have until Thursday off work I hope to have the cab mostly finished by then sans artwork and marquee.

Now to find a way to extract my Dreamcast bin and cue files as part of a batch process. Hrmmm...

Just finished watching 100 yen.
    Very nice documentary on jap arcades.Any one else see it yet?

Just finished watching 100 yen.
    Very nice documentary on jap arcades.Any one else see it yet?

No, must check that out myself. Is it on Netflix?

• Advertisement

After much blood sweat and tears tonight I managed to make some progress with the physical side of the bar top cab.

Sorry looked fine from mobile interface. I'll de-embed for now.

Sorry looked fine from mobile interface. I'll de-embed for now.

No bother dude. It does look like its coming along though.
    Are you gonna decase the monitor or leave it as is? If you decase it you'll have a little bit more room in there.

Here's your pic embedded and linked to the larger image.
    Click for full size version:
    img20130603013641.jpg

Thanks mate. I think I'll leave the monitor in the case for now although I only realised when I went to bed last night that the power outlet for the monitor might be obscured anyway so I'll have to come up with some way around that.

No, must check that out myself. Is it on Netflix?

No got it from the usual torrent sites but I will buy the official version from their site.
    Very nice pieces on shumps and fighting games

So the back of the monitor has now been thrown out... had to re-fashion the power inlet on the monitor and secure it with some cable ties etc but at least I can get power to it now while it's still in place.

No point in removing the front face place as I'll have circuit boards etc dangling about the place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One for Pyongy

270067_386841951437327_541245962_n.jpg

oops-pants-off.gif

• Advertisement

Ronnie has an Astro city, 495 with shipping of 225.
    Looks like it needs a respray though.
    Should I wait or go for it?
    My brain says it's not sure but my gut says maybe!

Advertisement