Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

Credit cards are made to be raped ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Two hours worth of wiring / mounting later...

714_10201474711092477_428501546_n.jpg

SHE'S ALIIIIIIVE!

971871_10201474705692342_695220191_n.jpg

Only thing left to do now is to wire up the CP to the mini-pac and configure that, then it's just a wait for a friend of mine (who works in a sign making company) to cut the perspex for the screen and create the marquee for me.

Is it wrong to be kinda proud of myself right now? Never done anything like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ronnie has an Astro city, 495 with shipping of 225.
    Looks like it needs a respray though.
    Should I wait or go for it?
    My brain says it's not sure but my gut says maybe!

I thought he had more, just ask him for a nice one without burn or in need of a respray .
    Patience :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Casey120 wrote: »
    I thought he had more, just ask him for a nice one without burn or in need of a respray .
    Patience :pac:

Yeah, I'll hang on a while longer.
    Something else has just popped up and I'm going to see what the story with it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Someone looking to trade a Pony 25 over on AO. Long list of people interested already, but nice to gawk over more Pony pics :D

That's some collection of cabs he has :eek:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24056

• Advertisement

success_baby1-300x198.jpg

After losing the bidding on a Mini Cute chassis on YHJ last week for Y 11000 that I won but somehow because of a rare glitch still lost and seeing others pass me by without a chance to bid on them another one and this time tested at a repair shop before going on sale emerged and no one made a bid but me :eek:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/173792535

Y 5000,- :P

o1s1n wrote: »
    Someone looking to trade a Pony 25 over on AO. Long list of people interested already, but nice to gawk over more Pony pics :D

That's some collection of cabs he has :eek:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24056

You are looking at Ronnies video game shop in Apeldoorn :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's funny how some things turn out, it was meant to be so! Nice one.

Yeah thanks !

Strange thing is I was looking for a Cute chassis a long time and saw only one pass by in the last 18 month or so and I lost that one because the seller doesn't want to sell to a foreign proxy service .
    Now suddenly five in a row from different sellers, this seller didn't want auto bids also but I had time to use a manual bid via Shopping mall Japan .

The feckers try to keep the gaijin out :mad:

Casey120 wrote: »
    Yeah thanks !

Strange thing is I was looking for a Cute chassis a long time and saw only one pass by in the last 18 month or so and I lost that one because the seller doesn't want to sell to a foreign proxy service .
    Now suddenly five in a row from different sellers, this seller didn't want auto bids also but I had time to use a manual bid via Shopping mall Japan .

The feckers try to keep the gaijin out :mad:

Never rains but pours. :) Haven't checked out that Shopping Mall, I registered with a proxy service donkies ago run by a nice chap over on shmups, gajinpunch I think? At the time prices on YAJ were mad though so never ended up buying anything.

On a different note, do you have any scoring tips for VP1 NV? Just put it in the cab last night. Obviously collecting medals is important but do you have to get every single one in a level to keep a chain going or anything? Seems like you need to memorise when and where those medal ships appear and shoot them when you're right beside them to nab all the medals.

Only thing I've spotted on the first level is one of the medals gives 30k if you don't get it straight away.

• Advertisement

Haven't played it in a while but point blank the medal containers to grab them all in one swoop and the most important thing is to not ever allow a flying enemy escape the screen, 100 % hit and no bombing is where the score is .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice work getting the chassis Schteve, anything for the Cute's are ridiculously hard to come by eh? Like Dunos says, it was karma, you were destined to get the cheap one! :)

Made some progress last night... wiring control panels is alot more time consuming than I realised.

The arcade unit is fully functional now. All that needs to be done is sorting out the software and getting the boot straight into game interface sorted out.

Ohh and I still need to cut a gaping hole in the back plate for a case fan and some additional USB and audio ports (so that I can easily plug in headphones when herself has gone to bed).

Starting off whilst watching some Doctor Who:
    1141_10201486456186097_677121494_n.jpg

The wiring tested, complete and mounted back into the cab:
    970613_10201486916557606_1081632858_n.jpg

I may or may not have stayed up well past my bed time last night testing the unit out. Good thing is the hardware that I put in there is decent enough to play Sonic Generations and Street Fighter IV so that's good. :-)

Master of the Universe

So I got a new stick in the post and had my first go at playing around with installing them last night. Turned out to be far easier than I thought. Not without it's problems though, all down to my own stupidity!

First issue - I accidentally ordered an LS-56-01 rather than an LS-56! It has a little molex type connector coming out of it with wires. Doesn't have terminals going to the microswitches like a regular stick.

However I connected the one ground wire up along with a directional wire and the input worked, so I may be able to get it going. Maybe daisy chain the ground wire along?

Second issue - mounting plate! I had the bright idea of just removing the mounting plate from my old LS-56 and using it with the new stick.

Unfortunately the holes don't line up :( the old stick is much much bigger so the mounting plate doesn't fit the new stick.

Just after ordering an MS plate, should work.

Fun process though, I can see why you change sticks so much Andrew76 :)

You should daisy chain the ground wire !
    They all use the same ground like the buttons ( common ground )

Edit ,

Where did you buy the stick ?
    I'm still looking for two LS 56 .

Master of the Universe

I've bought a ton of arcade stuff from arcadeworlduk's store on ebay. They're really nice guys.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/arcadeworlduk/&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754

Thats gremlin solutions AFSIK

Yeah Gremlin Solutions changed their name to Arcade World there a while ago. Most of the parts for the arcade cab I'm building came from them.

They're very accomodating too, gave them a quick phone call last week to see if they had any marquee trim as it wasn't on the website. They had loads in stock and haven't updated the website for some reason, very easy bloke to talk to.

They go out of their way to answer any questions you may have too which is a plus!

Yeah I've rang them before.
    Andy I think is the guy.sound as a euro

Schteve wrote: »
    I'm still looking for two LS 56.

Best sticks ever made. :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yep, was just talking to Andy this morning. I thought they'd sent me the wrong stick (LS-32-01 rather than an LS-56-01). He was going to send me another for free.

I sent him on a photo and it turns out Seimitsu use the same branded PCB on the bottom of loads of their sticks. So it was in fact an LS-56-01 they'd sent me. Even took the time to explain to me how the number branding works.

Sound chap. Will continue to give them all my business!

Even took the time to explain to me how the number branding works.

Interested to hear more on this... :)

So I got a new stick in the post and had my first go at playing around with installing them last night. Turned out to be far easier than I thought. Not without it's problems though, all down to my own stupidity!

First issue - I accidentally ordered an LS-56-01 rather than an LS-56! It has a little molex type connector coming out of it with wires. Doesn't have terminals going to the microswitches like a regular stick.

However I connected the one ground wire up along with a directional wire and the input worked, so I may be able to get it going. Maybe daisy chain the ground wire along?

Second issue - mounting plate! I had the bright idea of just removing the mounting plate from my old LS-56 and using it with the new stick.

Unfortunately the holes don't line up :( the old stick is much much bigger so the mounting plate doesn't fit the new stick.

Just after ordering an MS plate, should work.

Fun process though, I can see why you change sticks so much Andrew76 :)

Had to go searching as I was convinced I had suggested you needed the LS-56 and MS plates (found them in your Pony thread). No matter anyway, all part of the fun. :)
    Yep, was just talking to Andy this morning. I thought they'd sent me the wrong stick (LS-32-01 rather than an LS-56-01). He was going to send me another for free.

I sent him on a photo and it turns out Seimitsu use the same branded PCB on the bottom of loads of their sticks. So it was in fact an LS-56-01 they'd sent me. Even took the time to explain to me how the number branding works.

Sound chap. Will continue to give them all my business!

Aye you'll see that alot, the 32 PCB being used in other sticks - I guess the PCB is not the important part when it comes to feel etc.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Had to go searching as I was convinced I had suggested you needed the LS-56 and MS plates (found them in your Pony thread). No matter anyway, all part of the fun. :)

Yeah I couldn't remember where you posted that! Found it in the end before buying the MS plate :)

Buying the LS-56-01 was a complete accident, I was looking for the standard 56. Amazing the difference a little '01' can make :D

Anybody need two 5.5" speaker grills? I bought them without checking the dimensions correctly, they're too big to fit in my cab.

They didn't cost me that much so they're free to whoever wants them, or if you have any spare case fans I'd take them in exchange.

It's these ones here... I'll post it in the trading section too but thought you guys might want a heads up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390593541560?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

For anyone who wants to read my attempt at a write up on fixing my time crisis cab, you can check it out here..

http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=14704

Apologies for incoherent writing, bad grammar or spelling in advance. :pac:

Loved the write up mate!

Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    For anyone who wants to read my attempt at a write up on fixing my time crisis cab, you can check it out here..

http://www.gamersireland.ie/?p=14704

Apologies for incoherent writing, bad grammar or spelling in advance. :pac:

Fair play for all the work you put in, that is now a thing of beauty. I especially loved the fix you did for the gun mount :)

Can't even begin to explain how crazy jealous I am. And that last pic of all the cabs lined up? As Jay from the Inbetweeners would say;

'Frothing at the gash!'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha thanks! Delighted with how it turned out, now to finish off the Tetris so i can get started on my cocktail cab!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I'd say you're delighted alright. I will own one of them some day...

Speaking of cocktails, check out this photo just posted by one of the guys over on Arcade Otaku. Yummy!

picturesqb.jpg

Advertisement