Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looks like the same one i have, modified, the legs and main body are the same as a taito, the control panel is changed and viewing area on the top is bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Giz a look at yours Keith,
    Looks lovely I must say,You could eat your dinner of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Still talking about cocktail cabs I hope! :p

They do look cool, the cocktails, but are they actually comfortable to sit at for any length of time? I've never used one myself.

Ive two myself, Im going to fix up the taito one next. Space Invaders. Ive taken the monitor out, removed the legs and the bottom black part and glass. Im going to spray the bottom black part first. Ive bought a few bits already 2x cpos, power board, power supply, new chrome corner clips. I just haven't had a chance to do much with it with the other cabs. Im doing it next though. Not sure what to do with the other one, moon base, the monitor is necked in it. I might sell it to be honest when i finished with the other one. These pics are from when i first got them, space invaders is taken apart now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ohhh yeah...forgot about them...love the wood finish.
    Keith If you are selling the moonbase one i'll buy it off you here and now, I'd love to give it a home and it would be a nice a nice restoration project.

When I was about seven I tried to bully my oulman into buying the exact same space invaders one from a pub in Cavan
    The barman settled on 100 pounds then my oulfella said we couldn't transport it back to dublin!!!!
    It will be the one that always got away:)

Plus the missus always says she would accept a cocktail cab..something about them the girls like.
    Maybe they think they can adorn them with coasters and store hello magazines in the drawers :)

• Advertisement

Last edited by unky chop chop; Today at 22:37. Reason: me missus )

haha whats this?

Ill keep in mind the offer to buy, im still 50\50 about what to do with it so i think ill hang onto it for now. Ill give you a shout if i ever decide to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Chrome!

keithgeo wrote: »
    haha whats this?

Ill keep in mind the offer to buy, im still 50\50 about what to do with it so i think ill hang onto it for now. Ill give you a shout if i ever decide to sell it.

Haaa..My missus was reading that post so I had to edit quick smart.:)
    I don't blame you for hanging onto it but if you ever consider selling it please think of me. The one time an arcade cab would come into my house and be accepted,nay adored by her good self
    These opportunities come once in a lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 34,961 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Still talking about cocktail cabs I hope! :p

They do look cool, the cocktails, but are they actually comfortable to sit at for any length of time? I've never used one myself.

Really all depends on the positioning of the control panel and the seat.

I've played some that got it just right and it was comfortable. Others it was set up badly and you really couldn't play for any more than a few minutes.

Handy for sitting your pint on though :)

Ugh... the chrome I installed on the cab just won't stay down around the edges.

Time to find that epoxy resin I have lying around somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

anyone know how to rotate the screen in mame for the xbox 360? Trying to play Garegga before i buy the PCB!

safetyboy wrote: »
    anyone know how to rotate the screen in mame for the xbox 360? Trying to play Garegga before i buy the PCB!

save yourdelf for the pcb!
    I would anyway

http://www.pshomebrew.net/wiki/FBAnext
    got it working with this

Master of the Universe

Have you a source for the pcb?

Remember to get the original japanese version and not the revision with the easier to see bullets :)

I know arcades are ****e these days but heading out to Bray now anyway a go on the amusements and then to hang out in the beer garden somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

o1s1n wrote: »

Remember to get the original japanese version and not the revision with the easier to see bullets :)

If you get Garegga get the Zak roms burned .

Mahou Daisakusen characters available without inputting the code each time and rank reset after each credit!
    :p

No source yet, I can wait this one out for a bit.

No source yet, I can wait this one out for a bit.

The JAP version does pop up on AO or Shmups now and then, better off getting it from there rather than paying the inflated prices on eBay.

Master of the Universe

The JAP version does pop up on AO or Shmups now and then, better off getting it from there rather than paying the inflated prices on eBay.

Definitely. The one down side being that it tends to sell very quick. I've kind of given up on getting it at this point. :(

On a happier note, Ibara is finally in the post and on the way to me. (don't know why it took the guy over a week to send!)

Cannot flippin' wait :)

Ibara is seriously good!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I played a board in Andrew76s months ago - have been meaning to pick it up since.

Plus it's a cave shmup that I can actually afford :pac:

Nice get! Beautiful looking game, an acquired taste gameplay wise though.

Master of the Universe

Nice get! Beautiful looking game, an acquired taste gameplay wise though.

Yeah you're not really one for Raizing style shmups are ya? I think you said you didn't like Souky either. What do you think of Garegga and Batrider?

They're among my favourite shmups anyway (along with Raiden style ones), I prefer them to Cave bullet hell games.

Yeah you're not really one for Raizing style shmups are ya? I think you said you didn't like Souky either. What do you think of Garegga and Batrider?

They're among my favourite shmups anyway (along with Raiden style ones), I prefer them to Cave bullet hell games.

Ah no Raizing is cool and so is Ibara, it's more I probably wouldn't have the patience for Ibara's difficulty - I guess it just needs perseverance. A quality game no doubt and the artwork and animation is just incredible - I think we were all wowed that night we saw it live. :)

Garegga and Batrider are great, not that I've played either a huge amount. You'd need to give up your day job to get the most out of Batrider there's so much content in it. :pac:

/Edit: It was Souky's visuals that I wasn't overly fond off tbh. Prefer the more 2D style shooters. You can tell it's still a great game though.

Master of the Universe

Yeah Souky has that early 3D polygon look...mostly on the first level though. Gets a bit more 2D ish after that.

I see Ronnie is working on another Pony III! Looks like there's one behind it too.

before.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

That pony looks like its been in storage for a while

Master of the Universe

Looks like someone took a tin on white paint to it too. Painted over the control panel artwork :(

Even painted over the foot rubber!

I'd say Ronnie'll be stripping it down anyway and sending it off to the paint shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How much will that sell for?
    €1000+?

Took a few hours to make this last night but I made a custom boot intro for the cab, let me know what you guys think!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much will that sell for?
    €1000+?

Yep! Heavy on the '+' side unfortunately. :(

That's if it's really cleaned up well and includes the lightbox too.

Advertisement