Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It does spoil it somewhat doesnt it? :(

An SLG would have helped quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    It does spoil it somewhat doesnt it? :(

An SLG would have helped quite a bit.
    Yea or a CRT, with all that space, there is really no excuse.
    I'd love something like this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Wow, thats so cool, its in the vault, id love to have a crack at making one of these..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Cheers man. I find the idea of probing the 'scary power holes*' terrifying :eek:

*awaits Ciderman's double entendre
    I don't know what you mean...
    But Retr0 in a frock might, he'll even check if his plug fits your live socket, for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

keithgeo wrote: »
    Wow, thats so cool, its in the vault, id love to have a crack at making one of these..

Pick up a few of these :)

http://www.donedeal.ie/gardenfurniture-for-sale/oak-barrels/5256084

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Haaaaa Wild man price, But Fair play for keeping it Jamma, even if it does have an LCD screen

Interesting project and great idea all the same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Progress!
    (look I've an LCD in there for now as its all I have , I've room/plans to go CRT once I get time , and more importantly the money to buy one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Loving the vids Bob, keep em going :)

Why can't we live in England.
    The amount of cabs knocking around for nice prices is unreal.
    Neo geo lordsdale 250 quid.
    Man this thing is a thing of beauty..I was considering a unique candy for next cab but this is the business

lordsvale01.jpg
    lordsvale13.jpg

• Advertisement

Woodies get a lot of flak on here I feel. Generic woodies are obviously nothing special, but something remotely interesting like a NeoGeo woodie or a dedicated system I feel is a very worthy addition for any hobbyist

Ya really like those MVS (lordsvale ?) cabinets. What type of joysticks are fitted ?

Don't know but they are the only part of cab I'd have to change, they are muck.
    Probably Happ.
    Yeah I have a special place in my heart for woodies:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Don't know but they are the only part of cab I'd have to change, they are muck.
    Probably Happ.
    Yeah I have a special place in my heart for woodies:pac:

I have a special place in my pants for woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A Neo Geo Electrocoin was always the cab I wanted. Over the years of looking at and owning other cabs, they've gotten uglier and uglier to in my eyes - still want one though!

Lordsvale Electrocoins are beautiful - there's something about that green! I still can't believe how big they are, on their own they just create an illusion of being small - it's not until you see them beside other cabs.

IMG_20120218_203940.jpg

Can't say I've ever seen one in the flesh. I do know Ambro25 picked one up not too long ago.

Yeah they look big in the flesh, even bigger with the four slot marquee I'd say.

An Electrocoin would be quality,Does anyone have one. I haven't seen any for sale which is Suprising seeing as every arcade had one in yonder years

Some recent bob-age

yeah the CP is next and I've no idea how to get started..probably cutting the jama connector off and trying to work out where the ground cables are..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Bob wrote: »
    yeah the CP is next and I've no idea how to get started..probably cutting the jama connector off and trying to work out where the ground cables are..

Cut nothing!
    Just wire it from scratch, the buttons look in poor shape and could be easily replaced with similar modern controls, no?
    Cheap and easy tbh.
    Plumb them straight into the Ipac and you're sorted!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Cut nothing!

Cut it all out! wire the buttons with new wires into your ipac, & loop the ground between the buttons & then into your ipac

• Advertisement

Woohoo,
    Just wired in my buttons 5 and 6 on the AWSD.
    Not a big deal, but I can play Street Fighter 2 and it's innumerable spinoffs now.
    I'm still lousy at them though :(

More importantly,
    It gives me the extra buttons to configure the GB/C/A emus, those games look oddly nice on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Great stuff cidey. Be interested to see some photos of how you wired all that up

right , quick question ...is an arcade button wrench the only way to remove tight buttons?
    as if so I'll be stuck while I track one down

any wrench will do, sometimes i found if they are stuck, instead of trying to twist the nut thing, twist the actual button in the opposite direction and it loosens up. if you are not planning on keeping them, a dremel will cut them out haha..

cheers .
    next problem is that I've just found out that the holes from the CP are slightly smaller than the new buttons..disaster!
    going to try and pick up a hole saw tommorrow )I have a few but all the wrong size..

Doh, at least the tops of the buttons come over the wood, so even if its not a perfect circle you will be grand. ive done it before myself, because of the lip on the button you can hide badly cut artwork or holes pretty easily.

ah yeah that may be handy alright.
    Made the decision to replace the wood/overlay/acrylic while I'm at it.
    so hopefully drill out the wood first , then get my hands on the overlay and get acrylic cut at a later date.It means I can redo the button position at properly (and possibly fit 2x6 buttons as well).
    only problem I see is the cp is an odd size so getting the printed overlay may be tricky..

I just got a couple of little Sanwa buttons, the pair are going to sit where the CP locks used to be, and will serve both Insert Credit and Exit purposes, as well as some others in the console emus.
    I've no proper connectors so I'll bodge something together before popping them into the spare slots on the Jpac, serving as button 7 and 8.
    It's lovely to see it all coming together.
    Next thing, a 2 player CP, I'll just wait to see what pops up on Jamma+ and Arcade Otaku, I trust regulars here to keep me abreast of any they spot out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Cidey, you are using a jpac? If so the jpac has shift controls automatically progammed.
    e.g. Hold Player 1 Start and Press Player 1 Button 1 = Insert Coin

No Need for extra physical buttons.

Granted, Exit = Player 1 Start + Player 2 Start but you will solve that when you get the 2p panel.

http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac2.html

• Advertisement

Cidey, you are using a jpac? If so the jpac has shift controls automatically progammed.
    e.g. Hold Player 1 Start and Press Player 1 Button 1 = Insert Coin

No Need for extra physical buttons.

Granted, Exit = Player 1 Start + Player 2 Start but you will solve that when you get the 2p panel.

http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac2.html

That's more or less it, but it's button 4+start to exit.
    And it's a pain.
    Using two hidden buttons and some bell wire will be a far more elegant solution and will cost me a tenner.
    Should have it done this evening, just need some washers to secure the little buttons I picked up.

Advertisement