Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Thanks Bob! :-) How goes your build?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

not too bad , took it apart today , got the last of the mold out ,sprayed the cp and touched up the paint. Stuck a proper magnetic catch on the service door so that it closes (since the lock was drilled out). Oh yeah added a headphone jack to the side (there was a screwhole doing nothing above the old speaker).
    still have loads to do though (adjust the coinmechs for new money, redo the side edging,get graphics and acrylic for the CP...)
    261345.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jesus Bob I'm half regretting selling that on now when I see what you've done with it, it looks really really well in that pic! :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Bob wrote: »
    not too bad , took it apart today , got the last of the mold out ,sprayed the cp and touched up the paint. Stuck a proper magnetic catch on the service door so that it closes (since the lock was drilled out). Oh yeah added a headphone jack to the side (there was a screwhole doing nothing above the old speaker).
    still have loads to do though (adjust the coinmechs for new money, redo the side edging,get graphics and acrylic for the CP...)
    261345.jpg

That looks amazing, nice one mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Cabs looking well everywhere today!

• Advertisement

Fair props to you Bob. It's looking amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not sure if this is the right place for this (Mods, delete or move if required).

I was doing a bit of graphics work for Hyperspin last night and was looking for some high resolution and clear original Game Boy images. Didn't seem to be loads out there and I remembered I'd taken a half decent pic of the main unit/screen ages ago. I'm going to use it for preview vids on the Hyperspin menu on a new project.

So, if anyone wants to use it or modify it then please work away.

Click for full size images (first one is pretty large).
    8xy8.jpg

ytoi.jpg

ngcb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

EnterNow wrote: »
    Having resigned myself to defeat, & admitting a sit down driving cab even if disassembled is never going to fit through my house due to the narrow hallway at the hall door, the thought struck me....why not build one? However, not being a lover of diy cabs, this is a problem.

But then I got further thinking, why not make something that covers arcade racers, as well as high end pc sims/racers too...an all in one driving kiosk thingy is you will.

Something I'll likely mull over for ages, but it has me interested...

You should go for a daytona sit down single it can be striped down to the base in about 10 mins if you know what you are doing......should fit through easly enough
    if this doesn't suit I have a seat unit of a cab I scraped
    cheers

You should go for a daytona sit down single it can be striped down to the base in about 10 mins if you know what you are doing......should fit through easly enough

What about the width of the screen section though, I think I'm limited to 28" or something. The length of the cab isn't the problem, it's fitting the screen section in...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

EnterNow wrote: »
    What about the width of the screen section though, I think I'm limited to 28" or something. The length of the cab isn't the problem, it's fitting the screen section in...

Remove the side/back panels remove top frame and take out the monitor Sorted !!!!

• Advertisement

Remove the side/back panels remove top frame and take out the monitor Sorted !!!!

Ok, food for thought. I've no bread at the mo but just so I know, what are we talking on average for a non working sit down Daytona cab?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    ngcb.jpg[/URL]

Careful Steve, the sight of such immaculately captured pixels could drive some of the more sensitive users to...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent pics Steve, they're brilliant. Tempted to try and take a few GB game snaps myself now and see what they would look like printed, maybe A4 size and using photobox.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Excellent pics Steve, they're brilliant. Tempted to try and take a few GB game snaps myself now and see what they would look like printed, maybe A4 size and using photobox.

Cheers dude. Yeah it might look well printed if you get the right game and get a nice clear snap. I normally use a tripod and remote trigger to avoid any nasty shake on the close up shots.
    By the way, it's just the one pic above at various crop levels :0)
    It looks well in hyperspin but I'm still working on it.

New Mame pc incoming, awesome!
    Hopefully this will fit into the AWSD, and everything will run just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    and everything will run just fine.

Ya course it will, until you change one little setting somewhere :D

Ya course it will, until you change one little setting somewhere :D

I know!
    At least with the trisync monitor means I can plug the VGA cable from the pc straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

New Mame pc incoming, awesome!
    Hopefully this will fit into the AWSD, and everything will run just fine.

What sort of specs cidey?

I'll have to direct your queries to my tech procurement manager Kerbdog...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I know!
    At least with the trisync monitor means I can plug the VGA cable from the pc straight in.

Just make sure the PC resolution is no higher than 640 x 480. Kerb probably knows that already though.

• Advertisement

Ah feck, my existing Mame PC seems to be borked.
    Here's hoping it's either nothing serious or, if serious, I can recover my Hyperspin files and setup from the HDD

Here's hoping it's either nothing serious or, if serious, I can recover my Hyperspin files and setup from the HDD

Always be backin up :D

i-dont-always-use-computers-but-when-i-do-i-back-up-my-files.jpg

If you need a hand let me know.

Putting together Mame bartop for vertical only stuff, will be using Mala as the front end.
    Anyone know of a good way to sort the ROMs ? I've a Hyperspin util that builds XML game lists based on various filters but can't find anything similar for Mala ?

Putting together Mame bartop for vertical only stuff, will be using Mala as the front end.
    Anyone know of a good way to sort the ROMs ? I've a Hyperspin util that builds XML game lists based on various filters but can't find anything similar for Mala ?

Why not just use Hyperspin and set up a custom menu? There's a ROM renamer that I have on mine (I'll get the proper name when I get home) that will audit your games against a Hyperspin XML and then you can just trim the fat. Useful if you already have video previews or artwork in place.

Hyperspin doesn't support vertical resolutions last time I checked - supposed to be in 2.0, I know there are a few hacked themes but it not worth the hassle messing with them.

Hyperspin doesn't support vertical resolutions last time I checked - supposed to be in 2.0, I know there are a few hacked themes but it not worth the hassle messing with them.

Yeah, a bit messy to get vertical running proper on Hyperspin. I've done it myself but then gave up before it was perfect.
    Might have to go back to it as I've a new cab on the way for vertical only games only.

Ahh right I didn't realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    as I've a new cab on the way for vertical only games only.

Do tell! :)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do tell! :)

No secret, it's the Atomiswave from Purplec.
    We've both Been trying to organise meeting up etc for last while and hopefully will get it all sorted and delivered this weekend. The plan is to have it purely setup for verts, both PCB and emulated.
    And of course I have my little project cab at home in my mums shed. That needs to come up as well and get sorted. It'll also be for vert games and perhaps I might be getting a shiny new mini trisync monitor to go in that will accept a VGA should I decide to have it dual pcb and emulated :)

Advertisement