Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Pretty interesting video regarding DRM in the arcades:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whiten0ise

Hi, looking to buy a 1/16 (1.5mm) slot cutter with a depth of at least 7.5mm. I'm building an arcade machine and need it to cut the grooves for the t-molding. Can't seem to find any in the southeast without ordering from the UK/America.....anyone have one they could spare or know where i could pick one up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got mine off tmolding.com, its in the US but shipping is extremely fast, last time i got something off them it only took a week to get here, also its cheaper buying tmolding off them then it is buying it from ebay or gremlinsolutions aka arcadeworld over the in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 whiten0ise

thanks keith, already have the t-molding so i was hoping to save a buck. have been put onto http://www.wealdentool.com/ by someone on the woodworking forum, and they seem to have them for cheaper so i'll try there first.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just picked up a new (more traditionally Neo Geo Layout) CP for my SNK cab from Ronnie. Never thought I'd ever see one of these turn up, they're fairly uncommon. Nothing that guy can't find!

Don't mind the button/balltop colours for the moment, they look awful. Will be doing an overhaul on those.

Capture_zps8cd6858d.jpg

Will be going with the same colour scheme that's currently on it

IMG_0404.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice get Oisin. Both layouts are unique enough really aren't they. SNK adventurous that way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Where is the player1/2 start buttons on the new layout?
    I can see them on the existing one.

Master of the Universe

Very nice get Oisin. Both layouts are unique enough really aren't they. SNK adventurous that way.

They sure are! Ronnie has another two. One is yellow and fairly ugly (although it has a nice digital credit display), but the other is like the existing one I have on by cab - but three button. Was tempted to take that too.

part4_zpsc0cd8127.jpg
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where is the player1/2 start buttons on the new layout?
    I can see them on the existing one.

Ah, see the start buttons are separate. See the blue rectangle with the sticks and the player buttons on the cab? That's what'll be removed. The start buttons fit into holes which are cut into the chromed part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for clearing that up.
    I hope you don't mind, but when I'm at the Ambassadors reception and the subject of start buttons on Neo Geo cabs comes up, again, I'm going to totally make like I knew it all along.... hope you don't mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

That counter panel looks cool, maybe you/he could also find a repro overlay .

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Casey120 wrote: »
    That counter panel looks cool, maybe you/he could also find a repro overlay .

I was considering that alright :) If it had come with the blue stripe overlay like on this one I'd have snapped it up

jbbVzt5VMPlOGN.jpg

Actually at one point I was almost going to buy all three - was considering asking if he could punch 6 extra button holes on the bottom one. Don't think there's room though (and it's a bit sacrilegious!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Can Ronnie arrange repro control panels and overlays I wonder?

When I bought my Aero from the German NOS group it was pretty minty but the control panel was used to store all kinds of stuff on and suffered .

Psykick from A.O. had these fantastic thick and high quality sticker overlays for CP and surround :

DSCF3529.jpg

DSCF3539.jpg

Using a bit of soapy water and a sharpy :

DSCF3567.jpg

DSCF3577.jpg

After 3 years now it's still like new !

Master of the Universe

That really looks gorgeous Casey120 :)

What was the story with that German Aero NOS lot? I remember seeing photos somewhere ages ago of a basement full of Aero cabs - was that the one? Any idea how a load of NOS ended up in Germany?

On Nozomi you can still find the original thread .

http://www.nozomi.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2563&hilit=Aero+city

Someone in Germany decided in the late eighties to start an Arcade with Japanese cabs, he imported a lot of brand new Aero City's from Japan and converted them to 220v .
    For some reason the Cabs where hardly used and some not at all and the Aero's where stored in a basement for about twenty years until Hasan and his mate from Nozomi somehow found out about them in 2009 and dragged them all to Holland .
    Check out the original prices in that topic :p

I saw one sell not long ago for over € 1000,- on A.O:eek:

DSCF3625.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Any one rewired an old noraut poker machine, I just got a new jamma loom and want to use the MVS 1 slot in it, it was working fine before i pulled the old rotten jamma loom out, now the monitor just squeals and doesnt power on.

probly got your syncs wrong.
    got a pic of the monitor inputs?

I can take better pics with proper camera if you can tell me what I'm looking for :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/safetyboy/sets/72157627054505591/with/9494194905/

The RGB section on the hanterex has 6 wires, and the jamma loom has 5.

Master of the Universe

Those Aeros only cost €350 each??? :eek:

Master of the Universe

Have another G-Net card on the way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_GFCK2tRyKtSQVZLC4qbKHLaTFqI25uNUOJYXll9QjrBfI9r5

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    I can take better pics with proper camera if you can tell me what I'm looking for :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/safetyboy/sets/72157627054505591/with/9494194905/

The RGB section on the hanterex has 6 wires, and the jamma loom has 5.

obviously the rgb's go to the rgbs then try different combos on the syncs.
    you might have to join the two on the loom together.
    I cant remember tbh.
    I you can play around with them while the monitors on.

urbanledge wrote: »
    obviously the rgb's go to the rgbs then try different combos on the syncs.
    you might have to join the two on the loom together.
    I cant remember tbh.
    I you can play around with them while the monitors on.

so you reckon the colours dont match and just swap them about?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Those Aeros only cost €350 each??? :eek:

And a portion poffertjes :pac:

Have another G-Net card on the way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_GFCK2tRyKtSQVZLC4qbKHLaTFqI25uNUOJYXll9QjrBfI9r5

Nice!
    How much did that set you back?
    Surprisingly tough to locate solo, those cards.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice!
    How much did that set you back?
    Surprisingly tough to locate solo, those cards.

Not much! Only €30 delivered.

Yeah they tend to come with the mainboard only.

I picked up Castle of Shikigami that way and then managed to find Chaos Heat and Puzzle Bobble on their own.

Passed on a Psyvariar card only on AO recently as I wanted to wait for Psyvariar Revision. Looking back I probably should have gone for it!

9504616110_94576e9ba2_c.jpg

Its working with the spiderman PCB but not the MVS.. getting closer.

I have this loom, not sure if it has the right wiring.

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/jammaharness.htm

Jamma_pinout.gif

Single slot mvs is it?

Yeah single slot and 161 cart, want some metal slug action in there.

Not much! Only €30 delivered.

Yeah they tend to come with the mainboard only.

I picked up Castle of Shikigami that way and then managed to find Chaos Heat and Puzzle Bobble on their own.

Passed on a Psyvariar card only on AO recently as I wanted to wait for Psyvariar Revision. Looking back I probably should have gone for it!

Nice one, great catch.
    The system hasn't got a massive library so it should be plausible to put together the full collection of releases.

• Advertisement

sorted had the jamma connector upside down I think.

Advertisement