Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh well. Time to get her all fixed up tonight. A mate of mine is coming over tomorrow to help me burn her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

o1s1n wrote: »
    By 'SNK ones' I meant the sticks in my SNK cab...not that they were 'SNK sticks' :D

The sticks in that cab are LS-32s - however they're extremely old and need replacing.
    Get LS-58.

So gooooood :cool:

So I couldn't fix the current installation as the boot loader was totally borked.

793752_10202049462820911_20860799_o.jpg

UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH... time to set everything up and reinstall all the PC Games AGAIN. This is how the last two nights have felt trying to fix this:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Get LS-58.

So gooooood :cool:

Oh yeah? I've only used the 32 and the 56. Tell me the 58 has an even tighter throw? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Oh yeah? I've only used the 32 and the 56. Tell me the 58 has an even tighter throw? :)

It doesn't, but it's still a step up from the 32 and it also comes with coloured shafts, to match your ball-tops. :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hmmm! Must give it a go so!

Any reason why you think it's a step up? Just suited better to shooty games?

Hmmm! Must give it a go so!

Any reason why you think it's a step up? Just suited better to shooty games?

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, just feels a bit tighter for the shmups. Nothing wrong with the 32s themselves. Can't remember if your cab(s) use the 5pin cable for the sticks, if they do then you'll need the -01 stick version e.g. LS-58-01 etc.

Master of the Universe

No 5 pin connector no...however I did accidentally buy a 56-01 and have to get a little bit more inventive as to how to wire it up. Still works a treat :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It doesn't, but it's still a step up from the 32 and it also comes with coloured shafts, to match your ball-tops. :D

I think I should get some credit for not responding to the above list with a series of crude, base comments.
    The pills must be working!

Payday is Friday... I think it's time to design some artwork for the cab and replace the current marquee which looks a bit crap.

Anybody here order from Game On Graphix before?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think I should get some credit for not responding to the above list with a series of crude, base comments.
    The pills must be working!

I also ninja edited it as it previously said balls not ball-tops. Just to help with your restraint. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I also ninja edited it as it previously said balls not ball-tops. Just to help with your restraint. :)

Both my therapist and I thank you for your kindness...

also, some seriously messed up stuff is seen when you google restraint :(

My question may have gotten lost earlier with all this talk of balls. Aherm, anyway anybody ever used Game On Graphix for getting artwork printed?

If so how have you found the quality and delivery time or do you know of any alternatives?

Achilles wrote: »
    My question may have gotten lost earlier with all this talk of balls. Aherm, anyway anybody ever used Game On Graphix for getting artwork printed?

If so how have you found the quality and delivery time or do you know of any alternatives?

I haven't personally but I know one of the lads on here did, maybe keith/unky/cathal? It was defo mentioned before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I haven't personally but I know one of the lads on here did, maybe keith/unky/cathal? It was defo mentioned before.

Yep I did. Quality is amazing especially on the cpo with their "bullet proof stuff" or whatever they call it . Make sure you have everything sized right etc. I had a slight difference in shade between my marquee and cpo which wasn't noticeable on the pc until they where printed and beside each other on a table. Though you can't tell from looking at the cab.

They took a while to deliver maybe a 3 or 4 weeks I think. The worst point though is that they are crazy expensive.

Getting most artwork printed at such high quality is expensive though, right?

I'm waiting for the guy on Jamma+ to publish his price list for CP with overlay, he says he'll be competitive.
    Fingers crossed, my cab really needs 2 players!

Thats my old friend Jeff from digital design systems,
    It does look like hes doing a good job on them

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the guy on Jamma+ to publish his price list for CP with overlay, he says he'll be competitive.
    Fingers crossed, my cab really needs 2 players!

Got his contact details by any chance? Is he based in Ireland?

• Advertisement

And he looks like it could be a winner, fingers crossed, the main reason I want the 2 player setup is so I can get back to sucking at Robotron!

I can't see on the site where he takes orders just for the artwork itself.

I might fire him off an email there to check it out.

Thanks again for that.

Achilles wrote: »
    I can't see on the site where he takes orders just for the artwork itself.

I might fire him off an email there to check it out.

Thanks again for that.

He has no more info now, he will post up when he costs everything, it's early days yet.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and the pricing.

Ohh sorry right ok fair enough so.

Anybody else know of anybody in the UK then? A dude over there just quoted me a price of £65 for a full artwork set for my bartop, not sure if that's mad steep or what though. I have nothing to reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

keithgeo wrote:
    off a guy on a Windows 7 Course i did a few years back. Its pretty good. It increases the boot time on windows 7 by optimizing the way the files are run on startup. try it out. Run it from a command prompt.

defrag c: /b
    Ya I think /b does the same thing my Defrag does... (RE-ARRANGE EXISTING PROGRAMS SO THINGS ARE FASTER (I can uncheck that option but I have always left it checked))

I have heard WinME defrag IS FASTER than Win98's defrag program and I tried it a couple years ago and I noticed IT DIDNT DO A COMPLETE JOB!! (Some stuff was mi$$ed I noticed a couple times)

I put the original Win98se defrag back.... I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT DEFRAG IS AN IMPORTANT DISK UTILITY,SPEED IS NOT RECOMMENDED!! -- YOU WANT A GOOD JOB DONE,NOT A FAST JOB!! (And my thoughts were confirmed seeing this WinME defrag not do as good of a job)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I saw this sitdown daytona cab on Donedeal
    It states not working but I don't know if it means monitor not working,board or what? Looks in decent enough shape as well
    Anyway could be bargain with a bit of haggling for maybe mame racing cab, or a total restore. Love Daaaaaaaaytooona

http://www.donedeal.ie/games-for-sale/saga-datona-arcade-video-game/5439927

If the board is only F**cked and you want to restore think again..I'm still looking for a sega touring car board for my cab,like hens teeth and pricey as fook,and when they come up the price of shipping is mental due to weight and size of massive 3 stack board(even minus the cage they come with)

Patience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Lash in a Sega Saturn and drive away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

yep but you need to hack a steering wheel to it, and you'd need force feed back ,wouldn't be the same without it on a cab

Seems Model2 emus do the job now with Force feed back compatibility, some bloody job though!!!!

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=105186.0

Looking back actually purplec posted here and did it as well...that servo motor to logitech wheel hack sends me running for the hills.
    great work!!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056069085

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That's a lot of work !!

The seat on these is fixed or does it have some element of feedback as well ?

• Advertisement

So after purchasing the EMS Topgun III and realising that sensors stuck onto a bezel with wires dangling all over the place looks absolutely awful (and the main reason that alot of people here don't want one) I decided to get creative.

I just happened to have a spare bit of plexi cut to the right dimensions for my screen (I ordered spares of everything with my original order... just incase).

I got rid of the plexi that I had spraypained black and instead went out and got some charcoal black mounting board from Eason.

I cut the card to size so that it would act as a nice bezel for the screen, I then measured out the dimensions that the screen itself would take up. I cut a small square of card out just enough for the Topgun's IR sensors to poke through then I used the 'white clay' that they give you with them to mount the sensors to the opposite side of the unit.

Here's a work in progress shot:
    cbE1Nz9.jpg

From behind with sensors mounted to the back:
    wsLq4MS.jpg

From the front:
    fVZgTG1.jpg

Mounted in the cab without plexi:
    IWnjEVW.jpg

New bezel from behind inside the back of the unit. Note the clearence for the sensors beside the LCD.
    ZC3QaF9.jpg

Mounted with front plexi:
    iH3AWGJ.jpg

Mounted with the cab powered up:
    VH4ra15.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm a little bit disappointed with how the cardboard looks as it doesn't look as arcade authentic to me but it gets the job done.

Advertisement