Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anyone play Grind Stormer before?
    Fired it up on the cab through mame tonight.

Highly recommended.

I was on a bit of a toaplan buzz working through their game history as listed in Wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 34,956 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You just reminded me of my new Toaplan shirt, which then reminded me to check and see if they have any more designs available.

And it's a treasure one!

Rather annoyingly, they mad a huge design blunder. You never colour things using the three primary colours. It always looks terrible.

I'm really in two minds here as I'd love a treasure shirt.

RwWfC9N.jpg

http://1cc.storenvy.com/products/3104895-treasure-box-shirt-of-the-month-5-october

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Anyone play Grind Stormer before?
    Fired it up on the cab through mame tonight.

Highly recommended.

I was on a bit of a toaplan buzz working through their game history as listed in Wikipedia

Yeh , pretty rad game .
    I have the Japanese PCB version called V-V, it's basically the same game but with a different power up system , instead of just collecting the power ups you collect gems and like the gradius series you can spend them on a power up of choice .
    Try it in Mame to feel the difference .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

o1s1n wrote: »
    You just reminded me of my new Toaplan shirt, which then reminded me to check and see if they have any more designs available.

And it's a treasure one!

Rather annoyingly, they mad a huge design blunder. You never colour things using the three primary colours. It always looks terrible.

I'm really in two minds here as I'd love a treasure shirt.

http://1cc.storenvy.com/products/3104895-treasure-box-shirt-of-the-month-5-october
    OHH yeah ..Love me some treasure...couldn't be wearing that gaudy sh1t though,your right.
    Smaller logo on a black/white T would look the business

Master of the Universe

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I asked but unfortunately there's no chance of a colour choice :(
    No, I'm sorry! No colour choices.
    It was difficult to capture in the picture, but the shirt itself actually has these dark threads sewn throughout the shirt that create a really cool textured look.
    I'm happy with the way this one came out. :awe:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I got the Toaplan and the Sega Saturn tee's off him, the last 2 were horrible (cave and that treasure)

Master of the Universe

I regret not getting the Sega Saturn one, was a nice design.

How do you find the size of their shirts by the way? I bought a large Toplan one and it's a bit too large. Must be american sizes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

yeah I got Medium and its swimming on me, good quality though.

Master of the Universe

You know you're dedicated to the cause when you think 'hmmm, maybe if I put on another stone or two this tshirt will fit me better...' :D

I got the Toaplan one and have the Cave one on the way. I got them in a small. Decent enough fit but defo a bit bigger than small sizes I'd get here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

When I bought a Aero City chassis from a seller in the US he gave me a awesome free Armed Police Batrider T-Shirt size XXL but it's huge like a tent and much, much bigger than any XXL i have seen here in Holland .

I gave it away !

Thinking about chopping my Naomi !
    Chop it,make a rotate mech figure out how to duel boot naomi and PC for SF4.
    Thats my arcade goals for the next 6months.

I cant see any info on a naomi rotate mech online.
    I wonder has it been done at all.

Master of the Universe

Chopped Naomis look so much nicer :)

Rotate mech would be one big project. I've never heard of it for a Naomi. Would it not be simpler to chop it, keep it hori and then use your E2 for all your vertical games?

I wanna play Ikruga!
    havent bothered my hoop rotating it yet to play it.

Luckily I have all the stuff to make the mech in work and a help full fella thats good with a welder.
    going to give it a bash anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ok, in a moment of what might turn out to be madness I've decided to order one of those 14" trisync arcade monitors kits from Jeff in the UK (full kit with chassis etc).
    It'll be going in that small Taito arcade machine I got of Keith a while back. Overkill to be sure but I'm looking at it as something I can us for a better project in the future but still get use out of it now. It seems like a really nice bit of kit and I reckon it'll look great.

nice!
    should be the muts nuts!
    how much is delivery ?

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    I wanna play Ikruga!
    havent bothered my hoop rotating it yet to play it.

Luckily I have all the stuff to make the mech in work and a help full fella thats good with a welder.
    going to give it a bash anyway.

Funnily enough I was only looking into Naomi stuff over the weekend, was thinking how great it would be to play Ikaruga on the Pony.

Then realized that it would probably be far easier to go the Dreamcast > Jamma route. So I shall continue to wait for The Last Bandit's crowning achievement when he finishes that project :D
    Steve SI wrote: »
    Ok, in a moment of what might turn out to be madness I've decided to order one of those 14" trisync arcade monitors kits from Jeff in the UK (full kit with chassis etc).
    It'll be going in that small Taito arcade machine I got of Keith a while back. Overkill to be sure but I'm looking at it as something I can us for a better project in the future but still get use out of it now. It seems like a really nice bit of kit and I reckon it'll look great.

Fantastic! Delighted you went with that, I've been really interested to see how such a project would go.

They're NOS aren't they? Should give you years and years of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

probably be far easier to go the Dreamcast > Jamma route. So I shall continue to wait for The Last Bandit's crowning achievement when he finishes that project :D

'finishes' ? You mean starts again :) Dreamcast support will most likely never happen - well not without a pad hack anyways.

Master of the Universe

Ahh, of course! Forgot about this damn tricky pads. It was a sad day when DB9 and DB15 ceased being the norm!

Had a chat with one of the lads in the workshop in work about the rotate mech.
    came up with a simple solution (simpler anyways)
    I havent even looked inside the naomi case yet but reckon this will work.

basically based off this "lazy susan"
    lazy.JPG
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-400MM-LAZY-SUSAN-ROTATING-ALUMINIUM-TURNTABLE-BEARING-ROUND-CHEAPEST-IN-UK-/141063825989?pt=UK_HG_Crockery_RL&hash=item20d80f2a45

So timber goes in with hole in the middle.
    rotfin1.jpg
    Lazy susan is modified with brackets
    red brackets bolted to wood(back ring)
    black brackets are monitor arms front ring.

lazy2.jpg

Simples!
    The bracket does not take the weight of the monitor by the way.
    There is 4 stand offs off the timer back piece that do.
    It says in the ebay listing it'll take 200kgs + tho

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If you can pull this off it'll be amazing :)

Your main issue is going to be one of space. The Naomi's rear cover doesn't exactly leave very much.

NOA-1200.jpg

Yeah I know.
    It'd have to bolted to the 2 uprights.
    I might take the cover off and have a look later.
    I will if gta online is still wrote off ;)

Actually these to horizontal supports might be be perfect.
    DSCF1944.jpg

Urban. You're more than welcome to design and fabricate a rotate mech for my atomiswave!

(Not joking)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Urban. You're more than welcome to design and fabricate a rotate mech for my atomiswave!

(Not joking)

Me too! !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

(Not joking)

Me too! !

Ah lads calm down!
    I'm afraid of this project as it is!

[Lies] Don't worry, no pressure !!! [/Lies]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If you can pull this off it'll be amazing :)

Your main issue is going to be one of space. The Naomi's rear cover doesn't exactly leave very much.

NOA-1200.jpg

Would there be enough room for the monitors chassis to be rotated within the back casing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I had a good look when I had my Naomi and I'd reckon it will be a tight fit now urban, but just measure up and give it a go if it seems it will work!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You could always make a custom rear cover?

Advertisement