Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Simon201 wrote: »
    mmmm..... with Three - €389 upgrade price for a 64gb 4s from my '4'. 18 months €40 pm damn!
    Tempting but what will I be like when that 5 comes in 12 months?

The site is offering me that for €239. I didnt realise they had levels of upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

fox007 wrote: »
    I didn't know ya could pre order a pay as ya go!!link please??

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't read that correctly. It is BILL play. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Did anyone who pre-ordered online with meteor recieve their contract? I signed up on tuesday and still not had anything other than the conformation email. Even if it comes tomorrow by the time I send it back I prob wont get the phone till the end of next week.. :mad:

Also, would they let me sign up inshop tomorrow if I've already signed up online..

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

mgray wrote: »
    Did anyone who pre-ordered online with meteor recieve their contract? I signed up on tuesday and still not had anything other than the conformation email. Even if it comes tomorrow by the time I send it back I prob wont get the phone till the end of next week.. :mad:

Also, would they let me sign up inshop tomorrow if I've already signed up online..

Ya I received the contract by email today. Had a call from them within 5 minutes to ask if I'd received it (spam problems with gmail apparently) and was also told that if I returned it signed with a scan of my license and proof of address before 5pm that I'd get a fiver off my first bill.

They also confirmed that I'd have it tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Ya I received the contract by email today. Had a call from them within 5 minutes to ask if I'd received it (spam problems with gmail apparently) and was also told that if I returned it signed with a scan of my license and proof of address before 5pm that I'd get a fiver off my first bill.

Cheers, hopefully tomorrow then. Still have to wait till tuesday for delivery I'd say..

• Advertisement

jcrowbar wrote: »

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They cannot ship it until tomorrow because of the release date so unless they are using a bike courier expect it Tuesday. I would be shocked, aka eat my hat, if you get it tomorrow.(short of walking to a shop)

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. They cannot ship it until tomorrow because of the release date so unless they are using a bike courier expect it Tuesday. I would be shocked, aka eat my hat, if you get it tomorrow.(short of walking to a shop)

For the iphone 4 launch last year it was also a Friday launh and Three delivered on Saturday.

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    For the iphone 4 launch last year it was also a Friday launh and Three delivered on Saturday.

Most courier companies charge a premium for Saturday deliveries so senders do not approve Saturday deliveries unless the buyer pays.

An Post then only deliver on Saturdays in November/December.

My Vodafone 3GS was delivered by An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

mgray wrote: »

I got my order confirmation at 10:42am on Tuesday, haven't received my contract as yet :mad:

MRBEAVER wrote: »
    I bought a sandwich for lunch today for only €4. Much cheaper than an iPhone and I didn't have to wait till tomorrow.

I got a second hand sandwich on Adverts for €2. Perfect condition, still in its box. You're a mug paying €4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Just ordered from 3, 16gb white, meant to select black, damn it! Sales are closed til 9am so gotta call then and see if they'll do an aul switcheroo on the order. Does anyone know the craic with the contract, do they send it out first, I sign it and send it back then they send the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

Does anybody know if you immediately recive order confirmation from emobile when you pre order. I pre order bill pay 100 iphone 4 s 32 g but did not recieve confirmation. I sent them address cand identity confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

very tempted by emobile, i studied the tariff and costs and what my usage is and it seems to work for me.

phone 299
    tariff 49
    length 12 months
    first three months free
    300 mins
    300 texts
    free landlines
    2gb data

i have an offer of 200 on my 3gs so thats 2/3 of the phone paid for (if no deposit)

so i need horror stories people, whats the network like to live with?

does their data include tethering?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

very tempted by emobile, i studied the tariff and costs and what my usage is and it seems to work for me.

phone 299
    tariff 49
    length 12 months
    first three months free
    300 mins
    300 texts
    free landlines
    2gb data

i have an offer of 200 on my 3gs so thats 2/3 of the phone paid for (if no deposit)

so i need horror stories people, whats the network like to live with?

does their data include tethering?
    Meteor's does so i assume its fine...

What would day about the Meteor/Emobile network is that when you have 3G, its probably faster than all of the others, and even when it drops off 3G, you go down to EDGE which is a lot better than the GPRS of the other networks, namely vodafone. Put simply, i've never had any issues with meteors coverage and their 3G coverage is improving noticeably all the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Beer Baron wrote: »
    My White 16gb is the only one in the small store in Nenagh Co Tipp. Should be collecting around 4pm tomorrow as I have a 750km round trip before I can get it.

Come up to sheahans and give me a look tomorrow??? :p:D

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Meteor's does so i assume its fine...

What would day about the Meteor/Emobile network is that when you have 3G, its probably faster than all of the others, and even when it drops off 3G, you go down to EDGE which is a lot better than the GPRS of the other networks, namely vodafone. Put simply, i've never had any issues with meteors coverage and their 3G coverage is improving noticeably all the time..

thanks, been checking the maps and corks coverage does look ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Ok, I tried to do a quick round up of what's on offer out there. LOTS of variance! I looked for a 32Gb iPhone 4s on all networks but only looked at plans within about a €50 pm budget.

emobile:
    Select 300 - €59 per month* - 2 yr contract
    Free iPhone
    300 mins
    300 txts
    3GB of data
    Free calls to landlines
    *price for existing Eircom customers. €64 per month for non-eircom customers.

Meteor:
    €50 per month - 2 yr contract
    Free iPhone
    200 mins
    200 txts
    5 GB of Data

Classic Flex Max - €40 per month - 2 yrs contract
    iPhone - €239
    350 Flexi Units
    Unlimited Data

Super Flex Max - €60 per month - 2 yrs contract
    iPhone - €139
    650 Flexi Units
    Unlimited Data

O2
    €40 per month - 2 yr contract
    iPhone - couldn't find price just "from €199"
    250 mins
    250 txts
    150mb of Data

€60 per month - 2 yr contract
    iPhone - couldn't find price just "from €199"
    400 mins
    400 txts
    700mb of Data

Looks like O2 isn't even in the running really..... In my opinion.
    The other things you need to be looking at are Roaming costs, charges for Voicemail, flexibility with tarriffs..........

Of course, nothing yet from Vodafone.:rolleyes:

(I have to say, no matter how much people rant about Vodafone's website, O2's is an absolute NIGHTMARE to use - so hard to find anything!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 have the 32GB & 64GB too

Walkman wrote: »
    3 have the 32GB & 64GB too

Yeah, apologies, when I clicked on the banner ad it just took me to the 16gb and I didn't see how to change it. I've seen the other phones now and adjusted prices above...

HiGlo wrote: »
    Yeah, apologies, when I clicked on the banner ad it just took me to the 16gb and I didn't see how to change it. I've seen the other phones now and adjusted prices above...

emobile select 300 has 2gb not 3gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

O2 is a truly awful network to have a smartphone with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just ordered the 32gb with Three.

139 up front (with €30 back on Fat Cheese) and 24 month contract (ouch). Anybody have any ideas on delivery times from Three? I checked the track order information but nothing concrete there...

FatCheese Rebate

What this??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    What this??

www.fatcheese.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Good chance I'll jump from Three to Meteor for a free 32gb,contract with Three is up in March,are these Meteor prices just for the inital launch?
    Hardly going to just keep giving away iphone 4s even if they are 24 month contracts,are they?

Also,do Meteor allow (for free) tethering?
    I have a wifi only ipad and Three allow it,which is fairly handy.

barryd09 wrote: »
    Good chance I'll jump from Three to Meteor for a free 32gb,contract with Three is up in March,are these Meteor prices just for the inital launch?
    Hardly going to just keep giving away iphone 4s even if they are 24 month contracts,are they?

Also,do Meteor allow (for free) tethering?
    I have a wifi only ipad and Three allow it,which is fairly handy.

Im on meteor and it works. My ip4 is from the apple store unlocked but using my meteor bill pay sim in it and works grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Im on meteor and it works. My ip4 is from the apple store unlocked but using my meteor bill pay sim in it and works grand.

Hmm...so they dont charge for it...nice!

Thinking i could use my current iphone 4 as an xmas present and pick up the 4s for free with meteor...

emobile select 300 has 2gb not 3gb

There is 3gb allowance on iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I'm thinking of going with the 45/month Meteor offer.

My question is as follows: I currently have an iPod that I bought in early 2010. My iPod music library is linked to my PC, including all of the songs I bought from ITunes.

If I buy the iPhone 4s from Meteor, will I be able to transfer all of the songs from my iPod to the iPhone problem-free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

besty wrote: »
    Just ordered the 32gb with Three.

139 up front (with €30 back on Fat Cheese) and 24 month contract (ouch). Anybody have any ideas on delivery times from Three? I checked the track order information but nothing concrete there...

You probably won't have that until tuesday or wednesday the same goes for anyone who ordered over the phone or online from any network. It's a bank holiday so nothing will be delivered saturday, sunday or monday.
    You could get one in a shop today but you'll probably be declined or hit with a deposit as you already have a previous order pending. You could try though it would't do any harm.

Advertisement