Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tremelo wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going with the 45/month Meteor offer.

My question is as follows: I currently have an iPod that I bought in early 2010. My iPod music library is linked to my PC, including all of the songs I bought from ITunes.

If I buy the iPhone 4s from Meteor, will I be able to transfer all of the songs from my iPod to the iPhone problem-free?

Yes you can no problem, check 3G coverage first though, if where your live matches your sig, the 3G coverage is more or less non existent with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ian_dub

Goodbye O2!

Later today I'll make my way to Meteor to pick up my reserved iPhone 4S. So that's two years I'll be paying another network, and probably two more after that considering O2's recent behaviour!

Enjoy all the remaining stock on your shelves at close of business today O2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

You probably won't have that until tuesday or wednesday the same goes for anyone who ordered over the phone or online from any network. It's a bank holiday so nothing will be delivered saturday, sunday or monday.
    You could get one in a shop today but you'll probably be declined or hit with a deposit as you already have a previous order pending. You could try though it would't do any harm.

IP4 launched on the Friday of the August bank holidays last year. Phones were delivered Saturday by Three's courier

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Currently sitting on hold again waiting to order an upgrade over the phone....hopefully I won't be on for two hours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

Can we use the iphone wifi if we are in contrct?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Yes you can no problem, check 3G coverage first though, if where your live matches your sig, the 3G coverage is more or less non existent with them.

Thanks. I spend 90% of my time in Cork city, and in terms of where I spend my time in Tipp, it looks like there is full coverage.

But suppose there's no 3g coverage where I am; will I still be able to make calls and text?

Sorry for these basic questions - I've never used a smartphone before and had been resisting the trend until now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Edietigr wrote: »
    Can we use the iphone wifi if we are in contrct?

Ehh, yes.
    But really dont understand your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

Anyone got an idea what stock levels are like with the various providers? I had a quick look at O2's on line shop and they are sold out of all models.

I'm cracking here, waiting on hold again for meteor to order an upgrade, by the looks of things on their facebook page they are low on stock in Waterford.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Zamp wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea what stock levels are like with the various providers? I had a quick look at O2's on line shop and they are sold out of all models.

everybody here will be simply guessing, better off ringing the shops of your network and take it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Meteor's website is now saying out of stock also!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

64gb white 4S arrived about an hour ago. Have to say fair play to Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

jcrowbar wrote: »

Delivered by courier? Wonder if emobile will be doing the same and delivering pre-orders today...?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

When did you put in the order and return the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

C'mon lads.....still waiting to see pics of nice shiny new iPhones!

Just off the phone with Meteor all 32gb whites are gone...

had to settle for a 32gb black...roll on next week!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

murpho999 wrote: »
    C'mon lads.....still waiting to see pics of nice shiny new iPhones!
    I can just post a picture of my 4 if you like. ;)

Alternatively people could post a pic of themselves asking their 4S where's the best place to get a hang and cheese sangwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dades wrote: »
    I can just post a picture of my 4 if you like. ;)

Alternatively people could post a pic of themselves asking their 4S where's the best place to get a hang and cheese sangwich!

Yes....looking forward to seeing how Siri handles Irish accents (i think it will be fine once no slang is used!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Anyone know if Meteor will hold phones for those waiting on contracts to be emailed to them?

• Advertisement

Nope, no holding what so ever, if the phone you want isn't in stock when they receive your contact you'll be put in a que and you'll get it once they have stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Lost my last bill and cant upgrade now till I get sent another one! F***kin joke that I need a meteor bill to upgrade when its clear as anything on their computers im a customer, wont even take a bank statement. Im like a bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How was it delivered? Did you get any email confirmation it had been sent? I ordered mine as soon as the pre-orders went live but used my work adress because I didn't think it'd be there until Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

€356 for the basic one on my Vodafone corporate plan.
    I get all calls, texts and enough data for €40 a month ish.

Its an 18 month contract. I wonder am I better off just going onto one of the normal plans with someone else.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Has anyone who ordered online from eMobile received an email (excluding the send ID one) from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Trotter wrote: »
    €356 for the basic one on my Vodafone corporate plan.
    I get all calls, texts and enough data for €40 a month ish.

Its an 18 month contract. I wonder am I better off just going onto one of the normal plans with someone else.

Doesn't sound too bad to me, you're paying €360 upfront, over 18 months, thats equivilent to an extra 20€ a month so when comparing to plans where you get an iphone free(a la Emobile & Meteor), you'll be paying 60€/month. For that, on meteor, for example you'll 400 mins, 400 texts, free meteor to meteor calls and texts, and 5gb data, on a 24 month contract though.. If you think you're happy with the allowances on the vodafone contract, you should probably stick to the network you're already on IMHO...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Lost my last bill and cant upgrade now till I get sent another one! F***kin joke that I need a meteor bill to upgrade when its clear as anything on their computers im a customer, wont even take a bank statement. Im like a bull.

Login to the meteor website and print out your last bill and bring it along with id to any meteor or Carphone warehouse shop. Simples

What do you mean you never log into the meteor website ? 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Login to the meteor website and print out your last bill and bring it along with id to any meteor or Carphone warehouse shop. Simples

What do you mean you never log into the meteor website ? 😄

Clicking the link to print out the last bill opens up the same page in a new tab, meteor website is useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Just click File - Print ye galoot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I'm with 3 on a SIM only classic flex max package. Can anyone tell me if I opt now for a 4S on a 18 month contract, when the iPhone 5 is launched next year, regardless if I'm due an upgrade (or not as is likely), what happens if I want to buy the iPhone 5? Do they scrap the remaining months on my 4S contract and put me on a new 18 month contract?

Advertisement