Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

antodeco wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered online from eMobile received an email (excluding the send ID one) from them?

Yeah, I emailed them to confirm that they had received the proof of ID and address, and to find out when I could expect delivery.

I received the following :

Your order is now complete and awaiting delivery. Your handset should be
    received in the next 3 - 5 Working days.

I'm hopeful that I will receive it tuesday morning instead of waiting the 3 to 5 working days hey say it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just checked and my 64gb has been delivered to work. Fair play Meteor, heading in to grab it now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered online from eMobile received an email (excluding the send ID one) from them?

Yeah, I emailed them to confirm that they had received the proof of ID and address, and to find out when I could expect delivery.

I received the following :

Your order is now complete and awaiting delivery. Your handset should be
    received in the next 3 - 5 Working days.

I'm hopeful that I will receive it tuesday morning instead of waiting the 3 to 5 working days hey say it will take.

Cool. When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Come up to sheahans and give me a look tomorrow??? :p:D

Sheahans? What thats?

Anyway, seconds ago got a phone call saying contract went through to call out and get it. On my way at 5pm to collect.

Apparently Meteor had major issues with Apple today and couldn't get contracts through because of loading the IMEI number onto the system. Otherwise I'd have the phone now.

2 shops told me the same thing. :(

• Advertisement

Placed the order Tuesday evening, sent on the required info by email Wednesday and mailed them yesterday to confirm all was received and to ask when I cud expect delivery. They got back to me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Do three deliver on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

podge018 wrote: »
    Just click File - Print ye galoot!

Print the page that says "view bill"? :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

podge018 wrote: »
    I'm with 3 on a SIM only classic flex max package. Can anyone tell me if I opt now for a 4S on a 18 month contract, when the iPhone 5 is launched next year, regardless if I'm due an upgrade (or not as is likely), what happens if I want to buy the iPhone 5? Do they scrap the remaining months on my 4S contract and put me on a new 18 month contract?

Iam on Classic Flex Max, signed up on midnight of the launch of the iPhone 4 so just over 13 months on a 18 month contract, just checked if I could upgrade and it says no. In any case other operators who did allow early upgrades added on the balance of your contract to the new contract. So you would in my case have 18months + 5 remaining on my existing. Not worth it for a mid life update on iPhone. would be kicking myself next year when iphone 5 is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

When did you put in the order and return the contract?

Ordered on the 25th and returned the contract yesterday morning.

Have to say this has been by far the easiest I've ever found buying an iPhone around launch time (and I got em all around then except the 4). I'm guessing stock levels for all the carriers are much higher this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Why don;t you guys go into the shop? I got mine hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Went into a Vodafone store in Waterford just there and asked did they have the phone in stock.

They said yes and were about to sort me out until they realised I was prepay and told me they couldn't sell me it!. She further told me it wouldn't be available for prepay for 2 to 3 weeks. How crazy is that!!!.

I was gonna drop big money on a phone and they won't even sell it to one of their customers!!

Banjo I had one Meteor store tell me that had one left and the only way I might get it is if I signed up for a €60 a month contract. Told him "NO!"

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Banjo I had one Meteor store tell me that had one left and the only way I might get it is if I signed up for a €60 a month contract. Told him "NO!"

WTF!!. I guess us prepay customers aren't valuable customers!!. Guess The apple store will be getting my cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Why don;t you guys go into the shop? I got mine hehe

much stock in apple shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Danbo! wrote: »
    Just ordered from 3, 16gb white, meant to select black, damn it! Sales are closed til 9am so gotta call then and see if they'll do an aul switcheroo on the order. Does anyone know the craic with the contract, do they send it out first, I sign it and send it back then they send the phone?

Managed to cancel the online order. Went to three store in dundrum after work at 6pm and picked up a 16gb black no problem, bit of a wait with credit check etc but they had plenty of stock.

Siri working well apart from finding local stuff obviously, but seems to understand the accent anyway. Coming from a 3GS the phone is incredibly fast and the screen is great, but all you 4 owners know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I don't understand why anyone buys it prepay, when a sim free one is only a few quid more.

Anyway I switched to emobile, and selling my 3GS paid for 2/3 of my 4s. Signal seems good, and Siri is so-so.

What really impressed me was restoring the 4s from icloud backup.... It was like my 3GS was cloned, EVERYTHING was there (apart from music) right down to the last page I was viewing in safari. My transition was hassle free.

Plus the screen is so beautiful compared to my 3GS

Danbo! wrote: »
    Coming from a 3GS the phone is incredibly fast and the screen is great, but all you 4 owners know that.

+ 1 So much faster. :D

Camera is miles better and a flash as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I don't understand why anyone buys it prepay, when a sim free one is only a few quid more.

Anyway I switched to emobile, and selling my 3GS paid for 2/3 of my 4s. Signal seems good, and Siri is so-so.

What really impressed me was restoring the 4s from icloud backup.... It was like my 3GS was cloned, EVERYTHING was there (apart from music) right down to the last page I was viewing in safari. My transition was hassle free.

I ordered my upgrade through meteor this morning, should be here next week.

Your gonna love emobile mate, blisteringly fast compared to the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

How exactly? Whats the big difference?

I had resigned myself to the fact that i would just bypass all panic buying...let the dust settle for a few weeks and get one then but all this talk of Siri working well,seamless backup transitions and beautiful screens is getting me all hot and bothered again. Think i'll have to do a bit of shopping around tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

BanjoB wrote: »
    Went into a Vodafone store in Waterford just there and asked did they have the phone in stock.

They said yes and were about to sort me out until they realised I was prepay and told me they couldn't sell me it!. She further told me it wouldn't be available for prepay for 2 to 3 weeks. How crazy is that!!!.

I was gonna drop big money on a phone and they won't even sell it to one of their customers!!

Reason being they make more money out of Billpay customers so they give them priority. Also, billpay customers give them a more reliable revenue stream seeing as many of them are tied into 24 month contracts. I'd strongly recommend just getting the 4S sim-free in your case by the way...

400R wrote: »

The much improved screen resolution probably helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

400R wrote: »

I had resigned myself to the fact that i would just bypass all panic buying...let the dust settle for a few weeks and get one then but all this talk of Siri working well,seamless backup transitions and beautiful screens is getting me all hot and bothered again. Think i'll have to do a bit of shopping around tomorrow :D

Compared to a 3GS, the screen is razor sharp, reading text is so much nicer. Siri is allright out of the box, but can only get better. If you're already using iCloud backups get all your ducks in a row re: backups etc and just restore from an iCloud backup during the activation. I was actually surprised how thorough it was.... Right down to my wallpaper AND icon layout, it was kinda scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

If you're already using iCloud backups get all your ducks in a row

Haven't used an iCloud back up yet-will get onto it though. I'm still having nightmares after my iOS 5 update-i'm half afraid to touch anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Compared to a 3GS, the screen is razor sharp, reading text is so much nicer. Siri is allright out of the box, but can only get better. If you're already using iCloud backups get all your ducks in a row re: backups etc and just restore from an iCloud backup during the activation. I was actually surprised how thorough it was.... Right down to my wallpaper AND icon layout, it was kinda scary!

Great jump from the 3GS
    Screen as you said - but it's damn bloody quick too!! Apps so much quicker - browser pages rendering so quick etc.
    Siri good - especially for driving. Not just a gimmick I don't think. Camera also a big jump from 3GS.
    Not seeing a massive jump in battery life.
    Managed to keep my sim only plan on O2 with 2gb data for 35 a month (phone costing 199).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭time42play

Because the earliest of my delivery date range was the 4th of November, the day before I go away. As there's been no sign of early shipments I was very stressed about it actualy arriving on the 4th and/or worried about no one to sign for it and having to reorganise delivery when I get back. Plus I wanted it before I went! It'll get unlocked eventually.

Have to say the iPad screen is looking really crappy to me now! It's so much easier to read books on the phone despite the smaller size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Anyone order from Meteor on Tuesday morning and received their contracts by email yet?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

jaykay2 wrote: »

Placed the order Tuesday evening, sent on the required info by email Wednesday and mailed them yesterday to confirm all was received and to ask when I cud expect delivery. They got back to me today.

Thanks for that. Did you get any other emails? I just got the one confirming they received my paperwork, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Stephen P wrote: »
    Anyone order from Meteor on Tuesday morning and received their contracts by email yet?

Nope, still waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Any stock left in the meteor stores as they aren't answering there phones (probably too many people calling). Is it worth trying a couple of places today or am I wasting my time?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Did you get any other emails? I just got the one confirming they received my paperwork, that's it.

No, haven't received any more mails since. Really hoping it arrives Tuesday now!

Advertisement