Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I really fancy a 64gb, and my dad is on the unlimited plan, so hopefully with a 24month contract he'll be able to get the 4s for almost nothing! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KittyCat86

Quick question, i want to get an iphone, but i know from friends that having insurance is the best idea considering its a touch screen!
    If i buy it online on the apple store, can i get insurance? I know all the networks sell insurance with iphones, so just want to know what people think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

KittyCat86 wrote: »
    Quick question, i want to get an iphone, but i know from friends that having insurance is the best idea considering its a touch screen!
    If i buy it online on the apple store, can i get insurance? I know all the networks sell insurance with iphones, so just want to know what people think about it!
    You can insure it through the bank, home insurance or even through the network provider. Through the network its about €8 a month

And the network provider will screw you when it comes time to make a claim, your much better off doing it on your house insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have an iPhone 4 and my contract is up next month. Not sure whether to sign up to a new contract with the 4s as it will most likely be for 18 months+........ Is it really worth upgrading to the 4s would ye think? especially as it is going to tie me down for another 18 months at least and if an iPhone 5etc.. Comes out in that time I'll probably be like a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

If you have an iPhone 4 there is no need to upgrade to a 4S! Wait for the next generation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Why would someone with an iphone 4 get an iphone 4s? Madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Jofspring wrote: »
    Have an iPhone 4 and my contract is up next month. Not sure whether to sign up to a new contract with the 4s as it will most likely be for 18 months+........ Is it really worth upgrading to the 4s would ye think? especially as it is going to tie me down for another 18 months at least and if an iPhone 5etc.. Comes out in that time I'll probably be like a dog.

No. It is basically the same phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Why would someone with an iphone 4 get an iphone 4s? Madness

because it has a "S":eek: LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I hate paying for a bill phone out of contract when I'm entitled to an upgrade. I think I'll wait on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

got it oo, but when i click the link, it says, the page you are looking for cannot be found!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭padraig.od

kceire wrote: »
    got it oo, but when i click the link, it says, the page you are looking for cannot be found!

Its not 10am yet!

Any idea on price plans, costs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/apple_iphone_4s

You can get a 16GB or 32GB free but there's a two year contract

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

padraig.od wrote: »
    Its not 10am yet!

didnt see that bit on the email :o

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

OK say you have a friend in america, Friend buys it and ships it to you. Still surely making a big save.
    You won't save much if the customs intercept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Surely since its a world phone now you could just order one from american apple.com site instead of irish one and save yourself over a hundred euro with difference in price we get charged??

US ones only come locked to a network even bought direct from apple you have to choose a network. F*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

I considered getting one on Meteor via my dads contract and buying him a cheaper phone - he's not into the whole smartphone thing.

However, as he needs minimal/no data allowance but an unlimited plan, I can get a Galaxy S2 for €39.99 on a 12 month contract (but with 1GB instead of 5GB). Through FatCheese.ie, he'd get a €40 rebate so the phone would be free.

I'd much rather a Galaxy S2 now and the latest phone this time next year than an iPhone 4S now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Do Meteor only offer 24 month contracts usually? That's €960 for their most basic package over 2 years and on a 16GB phone.

SIM free looks like the way to go if this is any indication of the other providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€99 for the 64gb version and €50 a month = €1300. The phone itself simfree is €800 so €500 for two years of phonce service doesn't strike me as that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

RonanC wrote: »
    SIM free looks like the way to go if this is any indication of the other providers.

Ok, there's the freedom of having an unlocked phone but over two years it's still cheaper on billpay -

2 years Bill pay 16gb €960 total

Sim free - phone €600 and another 25 per month (the cheapest comparable tariff) for two years - €1200 total

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Trevor451 wrote: »
    No. It is basically the same phone.

It's a completely different phone.

Now my decision is if I NEED a 64gb device?

Doubt it, so may just get a 32gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭padraig.od

The lack of free meteor to meteor calls and texts on the lowest (40 bucks) tariff kills the meteor deal for me. 55 a month is too much IMO.

US ones only come locked to a network even bought direct from apple you have to choose a network. F*ckers.

you can buy sim free phones for the US, they have been available about 6 months now and are unlocked to all networks on GSM in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

No, they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

so, it looks like the 4s 16gb is cheaper that the 4 16gb was yesterday? I looked yesterday, and Meteor were doing the iphone 4 for 'free' @ 45/month over 24 months... Now the 4s is available on the same deal for a 5er less per month. Not too bad, but 24 months is too long for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

culabula wrote: »
    It's a completely different phone.

Have you used it yet? Any improvement on holding onto 3G signal, thinking of switching back for a 64GB on friday, I also think i'm daft but I have to use my upgrade it's bugging me.
    Do you know if you can use the iphone4S as a USB drive, wouldn't mind 20GB just to use for storing random stuff for dropping between computer to computer. (mac and windows)

Advertisement