Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Did the Tariffs just change online? €40 - €45 & €55 PCM is now €60PCM. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

PatsyR wrote: »
    I send about 100 texts a day

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PatsyR

:eek:

Yea I have a big mouth :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I send about 100 texts a day, I don't make that many phone calls and I use the internet an awful lot. I'm a bit blonde when it comes to understanding the tariffs but does it sound like it would suit me better to sign up with someone or get it from apple.ie? Following on with my blonde theme :pwhat exactly do I have to do when I get the phone if I order from apple?
    put your micro sim in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Did the Tariffs just change online? €40 - €45 & €55 PCM is now €60PCM. :confused:
    They did change yeah i definitely seen €55 earlier on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

It seems you're right. They must be overwhelmed with demand and see an opportunity. Kind of rediculous if you ask me - in my opinion, the processing power will be beneficial in the future with OS updates that require more power and apps that require more power (but, for now, the iPhone 4 is well capable).

I'm going to let the dust settle and decide in the New Year what to do about my Dads contract. I'm already 2 months into my Galaxy S2 contract and am pretty happy - it's only a 12 month contract :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

yes Meteor just upped their prices..the entry plan was 40, now its 45..they must have had a chat with the other networks and had a change of heart! Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Yeah weird!
    Has anyone got the €40 per month confirmed though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Yea I have a big mouth :D

More like overdeveloped thumb muscles I think

Simon201 wrote: »
    Yeah weird!

Heck If I go with Meteor I WILL NOT pay their new prices. €40PCM will do me fine and they can through in Meteor to Meteor as well as I will be offering them a porting PAYG account as well.

In their interest really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Yeah weird!

I have it on the confirmation email they sent me:

Monthly Plan / Add-ons:

Smart Plus 40 €40.00
    Monthly Total €40.00

They will have to honour it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yeah weird!

It's 45pm according to their website for the 16GB, if you get the 32 or 64GB it's a minimum of €50pm for 200 minutes & 200 texts. There starting to make Vodafone look competitive....

Weird they have different minimum spend prices according to the storage space on the phone. You'd think they'd just up the price of the phone rather than the contract.

AlanD wrote: »

Monthly Plan / Add-ons:

Smart Plus 40 €40.00
    Monthly Total €40.00

Are you sure you didn't buy a 4 not a 4S, it's clearly at €45/50pm on their site, they have to honor nothing, they haven't given you anything yet. https://phones.meteor.ie/phones/apple_iphone_4s/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Monthly Plan / Add-ons:

Smart Plus 40 €40.00
    Monthly Total €40.00

Response from Meteor_Mobile: It was meant to be €45 all along, but if you bought it at that price we will be contacting you shortly.

Presumably, my consumer rights protect me and I should be able to keep 40 a month?

They just tweeted that they put up the wrong prices but will honour all 40pcms. I'm on hold now. I'm telling them I am not paying €45. Why should I? They entice me in with €40(cheaper than VF) and then sneakily put up the price whilst on hold. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

AHHHHH i dont know what to do. Getting the phone on prepay.

Buy from apple and get it next week

Buy from carphonewarehouse.ie and get it sometime next week

Buy from three(instore) on friday but have to pay €25 to get it unlocked and dont have the luxury to leave until I spend about €150 and pay the unlock fee.

Have someone going to belfast Friday but they dont have any instock at the moment in the apple store

Decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Does anyone know if meteor will be selling the 4s on Friday In store on pay as ya go? I know they have it to pre order on bill pay and receive it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 759702345t

Response from Meteor_Mobile: It was meant to be €45 all along, but if you bought it at that price we will be contacting you shortly.

Presumably, my consumer rights protect me and I should be able to keep 40 a month?

This is correct, when they had the €40 PM the handset included was the iPhone 3Gs 8GB, now its the exact same except you now get an iPhone 4 8GB.. The iPhone 4 was never available on the €40 talk plan..

They just tweeted that they put up the wrong prices but will honour all 40pcms. I'm on hold now. I'm telling them I am not paying €45. Why should I? They entice me in with €40(cheaper than VF) and then sneakily put up the price whilst on hold. :mad:

If your buying from one operator over the other because of a €5 difference your making a mistake, you should buy from who ever gives you the most with for your €40/45/50. It's a bill phone you could easily end up with a bigger bill for picking something €5 cheaper. 200 minutes for €45/50pm is not a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

If your buying from one operator over the other because of a €5 difference your making a mistake, you should buy from who ever gives you the most with for your €40/45/50. It's a bill phone you could easily end up with a bigger bill for picking something €5 cheaper. 200 minutes for €45/50pm is not a good deal.

agree. Also look out for some of the more sneaky operators charging you extra to listen to voicemail;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

still have the screen open
    179242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Made my choice ordered for apple. I was just staring at the screen wondering what to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

Agreed.

It looks like you've a choice between:
    • getting a free 16GB iPhone 4S to use for the next 24 months at €45 per month
    • getting a Galaxy S2 on a 12 month contract and paying €30 per month with the same minutes and texts. This plan has 1GB data as opposed to 5GB but has free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts. You’d pay €149.99 or €179.99 for the phone (after Fatcheese rebate) depending on whether you’re a current Meteor customer or not - but would save €180 on monthly charges over the 12 month contract

With the second option, you’re free after a year and could sell the phone and use the proceeds to upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5 (or whatever else is available at that time).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 richieq1

Doylers wrote: »
    Made my choice ordered for apple. I was just staring at the screen wondering what to do :D

when that going to get out to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Malenfant

You still live in 2001. Ever heard of Skype, iMessage, JellySMS, a Facebook app AND real life you can use to safe money on these ****y price plans from our dear carriers.

Welcome to 2011.

still have the screen open
    179242.jpg

Well it's all a little confusing:

20111025-1j7amb9j6jpiixyny9qmycttb8.jpg

and go for the 32GB or 64GB and it changes to:

20111025-87bncq9wtdxf7scpk8ki6kschu.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've been on hold for over an hour now at this stage, it's a bit of a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

whats the story with people on hold?
    Can you not just order online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ian_dub

Anyone expect major queues/instant sellouts in the Dublin stores this Friday?

I just don't fancy queuing from dawn and I don't want to order online because delivery will take a few days. I'm holding out for o2's prices but not expecting miracles. There's no way I'm paying more than I pay now on my 3G contract for a fraction of the data allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

sham69 wrote: »
    whats the story with people on hold?
    Can you not just order online?
    You can't order an upgrade online, you have to ring the offices...

Advertisement