Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ordered the 4S today off eMobile. Went for the unlimited plan. I only got the 4 a few weeks ago, so going to port the OH's number onto that, and take the 4S for myself. She's not happy though. Wanted the 4S for herself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

What plan are you going to use out of curiosity?

3 bill pay sim only 1 month contract rollover. I will chop and change as the operators compete;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No iPhone 4S's left with Vodafone. All pre reserved so they won't have a clue till Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭400R

Still no clues from O2?? Whats the big secret?? Not that i'm expecting any miracles or anything! I wanted to pre order before Friday but i'm waiting to see what o2 come out with. Bet there will be none left anywhere if i wait til Friday! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Anyone know what the 3G network is like on eMobile?

edit: sorry just realised on another thread it's essentially Meteor, should have known!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Beer Baron wrote: »
    No iPhone 4S's left with Vodafone. All pre reserved so they won't have a clue till Friday.

Hmmmm, they've obviously approached selected customers to offer it to them... :(

The emobile packages look pretty good actually. I'm very tempted with the Select Smart 300. The phone is free and as an eircom customer it'd be €59 a month with the first 3 months free so no bill till Feb!

Jev/N wrote: »

Well eMobile are the same company (kinda) as Meteor so I guess it'd be the same as them.... I don't know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Jev/N wrote: »

edit: sorry just realised on another thread it's essentially Meteor, should have known!
    It's Meteor so would be equal.
    Meteor's 3G network still has a lot left to rollout coverage wise but where you can get it it's extremely fast.
    Even where you can't get it, they have EDGE which I've found to be a good bit faster than O2's EDGE and a lot faster than Vodafone GPRS which is next to useless in this day and age.
    HiGlo wrote:
    The emobile packages look pretty good actually. I'm very tempted with the Select Smart 300. The phone is free and as an eircom customer it'd be €59 a month with the first 3 months free so no bill till Feb!
    That's pretty damn good actually! With the three months free, you essentially only pay €51.60 per month for 24-months.

Kensington wrote: »

That's pretty damn good actually! With the three months free, you essentially only pay €51.60 per month for 24-months.

Yeah, and it's 300 mins, 300 texts and 3GB of data so more than enough for me.... AND free landline calls....

Must have a look see what they're like for voicemail, roaming costs etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

02 are going to have to do something big to salvage their 4s prices taking their 4 pricing into account.

€259 for an 18 month contract and you only get 150mb per month. :(
    €199 for an 18 month contract and you only get 700mb per month. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sssssiiiiimon

Beer Baron wrote: »
    02 are going to have to do something big to salvage their 4s prices taking their 4 pricing into account.

€259 for an 18 month contract and you only get 150mb per month. :(
    €199 for an 18 month contract and you only get 700mb per month. :(

This is incorrect. 199 and 149. You can get the 150 upgraded too to 700 mb for 5 euro extra per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is incorrect. 199 and 149. You can get the 150 upgraded too to 700 mb for 5 euro extra per month.

Sorry but do you work for O2, as you are wrong. Original poster was correct.

You are quoting for phone prices for the €60 package which includes the 700mb. OP was showing phone prices for standard €40 which is €259 and inc 150mb.

Why also do you think €5 per month is good to get €700mb when the standard was 1gb?

murpho999 wrote: »

Sorry but do you work for O2, as you are wrong. Original poster was correct.

You are quoting for phone prices for the €60 package which includes the 700mb. OP was showing phone prices for standard €40 which is €259 and inc 150mb.

Why also do you think €5 per month is good to get €700mb when the standard was 1gb?

iPhone 4 16gb is 199 on the basic price plan ( 40 euro per month) price dropped last week.

I have unlimited Internet but use max 550 - 600 and I would heavily use it. So 700 would suit me.

iPhone 4 16gb is 199 on the basic price plan ( 40 euro per month) price dropped last week.

I have unlimited Internet but use max 550 - 600 and I would heavily use it. So 700 would suit me.

Once again, you are wrong it's €259 on the basic plan of €40.

It's €199 on the €60 plan which I think you are on as that includes 700mb data.

Here is a link that shows O2 prices.

It's a crazy price when you consider what else is available.

murpho999 wrote: »

Once again, you are wrong it's €259 on the basic plan of €40.

It's €199 on the €60 plan which I think you are on as that includes 700mb data.

Here is a link that shows O2 prices.

It's a crazy price when you consider what else is available.

In store prices and web prices are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

link not working

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Voda called me yesterday offering me a 16gb 4s on my way complete plus (65 p.m.) 2 year contract for free.

turned it down as i want to stay on my current plan (PCA 300 with 2GB data) for the time being. the phone will cost me €259 on this plan.

leemaree wrote: »
    link not working

Strange but link is working now, bear in mind it's the 4's currrent prices and not the 4s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Whent for the iPhone 4S 64GB white on e mobile found it was a to good of a deal to turn down and i am only tied into it for the year which i like so i can get the iPhone 5 next year
    Paid 350 for the phone paid 300 last year for my iPhone 4 32GB

Works out with the 3 free Months and the 50 euro discount i get 48 euros a Month With free calls txts and internet of 15GB a Month

Was paying about 50 euros a Month with o2 on there 150 plain with 2GB

• Advertisement

Whent for the iPhone 4S 64GB white on e mobile found it was a to good of a deal to turn down and i am only tied into it for the year which i like so i can get the iPhone 5 next year

Works out with the 3 free Months and the 50 euro discount i get 48 euros a Month With free calls txts and internet of 15GB a Month

Which offer is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Another mix up by meteor

Capture-6.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

O2 really are fcuking people on the data, aren't they?

In every other medium people are being given bigger allowances and pipes, but in the growing mobile data market - they're cutting allowances.

If I hadn't voted with my feet last year already I would be this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

antodeco wrote: »
    Which offer is that?
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/detailsCallTextBrowse/?gid=48

This one with the 12 months you get 3 months free so works out 51.75 a month plus i get a discount from eircom for it

I think its the best deal you can get for a iphone

16GB for 150
    32GB for 250
    64GB for 350

I think know one will match that deal with utd free txts utd free mins and 15GB internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 arachnid507

and where did you get the phone for €350?

Sorry just realised if you continue through the options and choose phone you can get it there. Great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dades wrote: »
    O2 really are fcuking people on the data, aren't they?

They're not fcuking anyone. They're just offering a terrible package. In terms of iPhone's upgrades are useless

As ever, shop around and get the best deal (and there's 4-5 options now)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

Dodge wrote: »
    As ever, shop around and get the best deal (and there's 4-5 options now)

Shopping around is definitely the answer. I'm kind of stuck with O2 though as the wife is with them so the free calls and texts are very handy.

The data allowance is nothing short of a disgrace though. Also, I can't understand why they're being so secretive about their prices on the 4s. Most people will have made their minds up as to which network they're going with by now so it could end up being O2's loss.

Im waiting for my 4S now at this stage. Getting the unlimited package (45k minutes, 10k texts, 15 GB) for 34.50 a month for 18 months. The 18 months annoys me a little, but with the cost of 149 plus the 18 months works out to be a total of €700. To me, thats extremley good value, plus Ill have all of my usage covered for the next 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Zamp wrote: »
    Shopping around is definitely the answer. I'm kind of stuck with O2 though as the wife is with them so the free calls and texts are very handy
    Myself and the wife are both with o2 (on far more competitive packages that currently being offered) but I'm never near my minutes and with the likes of iMessage, whatsapp and Viber I don't think being on the same network is as critical as it once was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

antodeco wrote: »
    Im waiting for my 4S now at this stage. Getting the unlimited package (45k minutes, 10k texts, 15 GB) for 34.50 a month for 18 months. The 18 months annoys me a little, but with the cost of 149 plus the 18 months works out to be a total of €700. To me, thats extremley good value, plus Ill have all of my usage covered for the next 18 months.

this plan comes up 64 a month when i select it, just wondering where you got it for 34.50?

Advertisement