Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

O2 agreed to let me stay on current tariff (2gb data) when upgrading for 4s.

But will still keep an open mind (have a 3 sim to test). Could be down to handset price.

I see three's insurance is cheaper than O2's - are they as good as phonecover?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smndly

Have THREE or vodafone announced their 4s plans yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

smndly wrote: »
    Have THREE or vodafone announced their 4s plans yet?

Three havent, online anyway. I've been busy all week so I havent been able to get in-store. I'm gonna try go to my local Three store on a wing and a prayer after college and see if they have any. I highly doubt it though !

Speaking of Three, anyone going to their midnight launch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

E-Mobile e-mail received.

Link to their page.

http://www.emobile.ie/iphone/

Cheapest is for Non Eircom Customers €59 PCM for 300mins/texts and 3gb and FREE iPhone4S. Nothing great here really. Maybe cheaper than others but I suppose they have to be, being the underdog.

If I go ahead and preorder my 4s with meteor now and o2 come out with an amzing plan tomorrow (chances!) can I cancel my plan with meteor?

• Advertisement

If I go ahead and preorder my 4s with meteor now and o2 come out with an amzing plan tomorrow (chances!) can I cancel my plan with meteor?

You have a 7 day cooling off period and refuse to sign for the item and ask for it to be returned to the seller.

I handed over my details today to Meteor but because she cannot process the order until tomorrow(Meteor Retail Store) if by some miracle Vodafone or 02 beat Meteor then I will tell her to sell it to somebody else and just not turn up and sign the contract.

02 WILL NOT give you anything better than Meteor. Why, well its just an opinion but look at their 4 offer and look at Meteors 4 offer. Far whack apart.

ANYWAY:

I just received a text message from a Vodafone store which reads:

"Upgrades onto iPhone 4S has been delayed. Hoping it might be available next week. I will keep you posted. Pricing goes from FREE to €269 depending on the contract length, regards XX Vodafone in XX"

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Beer Baron wrote: »
    You have a 7 day cooling off period and refuse to sign for the item and ask for it to be returned to the seller.

I handed over my details today to Meteor but because she cannot process the order until tomorrow(Meteor Retail Store) if by some miracle Vodafone or 02 beat Meteor then I will tell her to sell it to somebody else and just not turn up and sign the contract.

02 WILL NOT give you anything better than Meteor. Why, well its just an opinion but look at their 4 offer and look at Meteors 4 offer. Far whack apart.

ANYWAY:

I just received a text message from a Vodafone store which reads:

"Upgrades onto iPhone 4S has been delayed. Hoping it might be available next week. I will keep you posted. Pricing goes from FREE to €269 depending on the contract length, regards XX Vodafone in XX"

are you serious?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

O2's prices announced: www.o2.ie/shop

Right im going to bite the bullet and go for Meteor! Whats the story with insurance? Can you do that through meteor and is it the same price as getting it straight from an insurance company?

Right im going to bite the bullet and go for Meteor! Whats the story with insurance? Can you do that through meteor and is it the same price as getting it straight from an insurance company?

Have you house Insurance? Then add it to it. I added it to mine for FREE! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dodge wrote: »
    They're not fcuking anyone. They're just offering a terrible package. In terms of iPhone's upgrades are useless

As ever, shop around and get the best deal (and there's 4-5 options now)
    They are if you want to upgrade and are still on a contract with them and can't move.

O2's prices in full:

If you an existing customer and have a Silver upgrade, or if you are joining O2 on the All in 250, the cost is €199 for the 16GB iPhone 4S, €299 for the 32GB iPhone 4S and €389 for the 64GB iPhone 4S.

If you are an existing customer and have a Gold upgrade or if you are joining O2 on the All in 400, the cost is €149 for the 16GB iPhone 4S, €249 for the 32GB iPhone 4S and €329 for the 64GB iPhone 4S.

If you are an existing customer and have a Platuim upgrade or if you are joining O2 on the All in 700, the cost is €99 for the 16GB iPhone 4S, €199 for the 32GB iPhone 4S and €279 for the 64GB iPhone 4S.

If you are an existing customer and have a diamond upgrade or if you are joining O2 on the All in 900, the cost is €99 for the 16GB iPhone 4s, €199 for the iPhone 4S 32GB and €279 for the iPhone 4S 64GB.

On prepay : iPhone 4S 16GB is €579.99, iPhone 4S 32GB is €679.99 and the iPhone 4S 64GB is €779.99

No mention of contract length

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dades wrote: »
    They are if you want to upgrade and are still on a contract with them and can't move.

Right, sorry, didn't think about people in that situation. I presume you're sticking with your current plan and delaying getting the new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

keith_d99 wrote: »

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/

its the standard o2 "All in" offerings of 12 and 18 months

EG All in 440 is €60/ month for 18 months, or €65 for 12 months

Im buying from meteor now and they want my credit card details. Is this just for paying the 1 euro admin charge yeah? I want my monthly bill to come from my bank account (direct debit) and have nothing to do with my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

keith_d99 wrote: »
    O2's prices in full:

If you an existing customer and have a Silver upgrade, or if you are joining O2 on the All in 250, the cost is €199 for the 16GB iPhone 4S, €299 for the 32GB iPhone 4S and €389 for the 64GB iPhone 4S.

If you are an existing customer and have a Gold upgrade or if you are joining O2 on the All in 400, the cost is €149 for the 16GB iPhone 4S, €249 for the 32GB iPhone 4S and €329 for the 64GB iPhone 4S.

If you are an existing customer and have a Platuim upgrade or if you are joining O2 on the All in 700, the cost is €99 for the 16GB iPhone 4S, €199 for the 32GB iPhone 4S and €279 for the 64GB iPhone 4S.

If you are an existing customer and have a diamond upgrade or if you are joining O2 on the All in 900, the cost is €99 for the 16GB iPhone 4s, €199 for the iPhone 4S 32GB and €279 for the iPhone 4S 64GB.

On prepay : iPhone 4S 16GB is €579.99, iPhone 4S 32GB is €679.99 and the iPhone 4S 64GB is €779.99

Prices apply to 18 month contracts.

Im buying from meteor now and they want my credit card details. Is this just for paying the 1 euro admin charge yeah? I want my monthly bill to come from my bank account (direct debit) and have nothing to do with my credit card.

Just €1. Paid it myself today. Don't worry about it.

Just €1. Paid it myself today. Don't worry about it.

Cheers! Very excited now! :D

Three's prices are up.

Plans stay the same!
    Handset prices are not the best I have to say! Especially for 18 month contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

I can't find the phone prices on O2's website but if the prices mentioned on this thread are correct, it's a little more competitive from O2 than I expected (depending on your usage).

I'm on a 200 minute plan at the moment and would use somewhere close to that. I also use most of my data allowance via Wi-Fi at home and work so 250mb is enough for me.

eMobile still works out cheaper though - obviously.

If I compare the O2 plan to eMobiles (with the eircom discount), I get the following:

O2: €45 * 12 (monthly charge) + €199 (phone cost) - €30 (FatCheese Rebate)

€709 euro total over 12 months

eMobile: €44 * 9 (3 months free) + €299 (phone cost)

€695 euro total over 12 months

eMobile is cheaper by €14 and offers 50 extra minutes and texts and 1.75GB extra data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

Based on these prices, I'm very happy with my Galaxy S2 which cost:

Meteor: €30 * 12 (monthly charge) + €140 (phone cost) - €40 (FatCheese Rebate)

€460 euro total over 12 months

I'm already 2 months into my contract as I was fed up waiting on the iPhone. My dad's contract is up shortly and he just wants a non-smartphone on an unlimited plan so I may get another smartphone.

I'll probably get him to go PAYG until after Christmas and have another look at iPhone plans then - hopefully Tesco Mobile are doing it.

Cheers! Very excited now! :D

My White 16gb is the only one in the small store in Nenagh Co Tipp. Should be collecting around 4pm tomorrow as I have a 750km round trip before I can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

marathonic wrote: »
    Based on these prices, I'm very happy with my Galaxy S2 which cost:

Meteor: €30 * 12 (monthly charge) + €140 (phone cost) - €40 (FatCheese Rebate)

€460 euro total over 12 months

I'm already 2 months into my contract as I was fed up waiting on the iPhone. My dad's contract is up shortly and he just wants a non-smartphone on an unlimited plan so I may get another smartphone.

I'll probably get him to go PAYG until after Christmas and have another look at iPhone plans then - hopefully Tesco Mobile are doing it.

I honestly dont know what the relevence is of people coming on and saying how little a Galaxy s2 costs them, on a thread that is specifically to discuss iphone 4s prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

mmmm..... with Three - €389 upgrade price for a 64gb 4s from my '4'. 18 months €40 pm damn!
    Tempting but what will I be like when that 5 comes in 12 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭MRBEAVER

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I honestly dont know what the relevence is of people coming on and saying how little a Galaxy s2 costs them, on a thread that is specifically to discuss iphone 4s prices.

I bought a sandwich for lunch today for only €4. Much cheaper than an iPhone and I didn't have to wait till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Will meteor have the 4s in store tomorrow on pay as ya go can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

marathonic wrote: »
    I can't find the phone prices on O2's website but if the prices mentioned on this thread are correct, it's a little more competitive from O2 than I expected (depending on your usage).

eMobile is cheaper by €14 and offers 50 extra minutes and texts and 1.75GB extra data.

I don't see how you think o2 are competitive.
    Data is king when it comes to plans and the iPhone. Don't let 02 fool ya
    There new Data offerings are crap.

fox007 wrote: »
    Will meteor have the 4s in store tomorrow on pay as ya go can anyone tell me?

I'm getting one anyway. Pre ordered. 16gb white. I specifically picked a store in a quite regional town. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I'm getting one anyway. Pre ordered. 16gb white. I specifically picked a store in a quite regional town. :D

I didn't know ya could pre order a pay as ya go!!link please??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    Im waiting for my 4S now at this stage. Getting the unlimited package (45k minutes, 10k texts, 15 GB) for 34.50 a month for 18 months. The 18 months annoys me a little, but with the cost of 149 plus the 18 months works out to be a total of €700. To me, thats extremley good value, plus Ill have all of my usage covered for the next 18 months.

this plan comes up 64 a month when i select it, just wondering where you got it for 34.50?

Sorry, it's a friends and family offer. Just realised I never mentioned that, apologies.

Advertisement