Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer set up questions

Options
  • 21-10-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello eircom,

I ordered a new line and broadband online on Monday night.

On Tuesday I got an email to say my new line would be connected in 4 hours, which I assume is wrong as I have no line / socket in the house (there may have been one there before, but there is none now).

I did make it clear with the options chosen on the online order form. Well, I thought it was clear, but maybe I misunderstood the options.

I called support on Wednesday to enquire about this, but it took a while for them to understand that "there is no line" to the house, and they said they would have to send out an engineer.

But I'm kind of in Limbo since then, will someone contact me to make an appointment?

Could one of the eircom reps let me PM them my account info to them so they can check the status of the order and let me know where my order stands in the process now, for example I presume none of this applies now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Closov wrote: »
    Hello eircom,

I ordered a new line and broadband online on Monday night.

On Tuesday I got an email to say my new line would be connected in 4 hours, which I assume is wrong as I have no line / socket in the house (there may have been one there before, but there is none now).

I did make it clear with the options chosen on the online order form. Well, I thought it was clear, but maybe I misunderstood the options.

I called support on Wednesday to enquire about this, but it took a while for them to understand that "there is no line" to the house, and they said they would have to send out an engineer.

But I'm kind of in Limbo since then, will someone contact me to make an appointment?

Could one of the eircom reps let me PM them my account info to them so they can check the status of the order and let me know where my order stands in the process now, for example I presume none of this applies now?

Hi Closov,

Can you private message me with your name and full address and I will check this out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

PMs sent and responded, thanks Mark! I know it's only a little thing in the grand scheme of things, but very helpful for me to know exactly what's going on, and to get a response from a human being. Well done, Eircom! (5 years ago I would never have dreamt I would be saying that!)

PMs sent and responded, thanks Mark! I know it's only a little thing in the grand scheme of things, but very helpful for me to know exactly what's going on, and to get a response from a human being. Well done, Eircom! (5 years ago I would never have dreamt I would be saying that!)

Hi Closov,

No problem :) The new order will be up by Monday and I will see how quickly the technican can be sent out.

Thanks, Mark

Hi again Mark, I've sent you a follow up PM in regards to this in case you don't get a notification about it.

Hi again Mark, I've sent you a follow up PM in regards to this in case you don't get a notification about it.

Hi Closov,

I got your PM thanks, I am chasing this up with the technicans now. Can You PM me with the dates you are available for an appointment.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

This has been a total disaster. I don't know where to begin. Except to say that Eircom made mistakes at every single opportunity they had, and then some. Eircom as an organisation seem completely disjointed. Never mind the left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is doing, each finger on both hands operate independently.

Mark, sorry - I don't see the point taking this any further. I could write a long post detailing every issue chronologically, but I don't think Eircom would take any of it on board.

This has been a total disaster. I don't know where to begin. Except to say that Eircom made mistakes at every single opportunity they had, and then some. Eircom as an organisation seem completely disjointed. Never mind the left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is doing, each finger on both hands operate independently.

Mark, sorry - I don't see the point taking this any further. I could write a long post detailing every issue chronologically, but I don't think Eircom would take any of it on board.

Hi Closov,

I appreciate your frustration and I am not making any excuses but I want to insure I can arrange the fastest appoint that would suit you. Rather than have a technican call out when you're not there.

If you want to get back to me when you can please do.

Thanks, Mark

Anytime in the last 2 weeks, while I was at home, would be perfect :(
    I did make the order on the 17th of October, Eircom said it would take 5 days. The only time that's suits me now from now till xmas is after 6pm, but I've explained this already.

Anytime in the last 2 weeks, while I was at home, would be perfect :(
    I did make the order on the 17th of October, Eircom said it would take 5 days. The only time that's suits me now from now till xmas is after 6pm, but I've explained this already.

Hi Closov,

I rang the technican and he confirmed he called you this morning, I am afraid the only appointment that can be made is between business hours. I appreciate the history and delay involved in your order.

However If you can PM me a date and time within business hours Monday to Friday I will insure it is met.

Thanks, Mark

The technician ringing as soon as I am not available only adds to the frustration. Then he seemed to expect me to be at the house, and that 'someone' at eircom had already agreed this arrangement with me, or at least I should have been sent a text. He seemed quite put out that I couldn't be the there!

I've already explained (to you and orhers at eircom) that I cannot give you a time during business hours for the rest of this year.

Fair enough if eircom are unable to make it work, and losing one sale is hardly going to bother them, but I was hoping after all the mistakes they would make some small effort.

• Advertisement

The technician ringing as soon as I am not available only adds to the frustration.

Reminds me of this:
    http://youtu.be/LTlLOF2moxY

Now I get a bill in the post today for the first account that Eircom cancelled! you've got to be kidding?!?

They want to charge me for failing to provide anything? A connection fee for something that was never connected and they cancelled due to their errors?

:D

shipment.jpg?w=500

Now I get a bill in the post today for the first account that Eircom cancelled! you've got to be kidding?!?

They want to charge me for failing to provide anything? A connection fee for something that was never connected and they cancelled due to their errors?

:D

shipment.jpg?w=500

Hi Closov,

You have received an agreement of telephone service, the letter outlines the standard changes as it is an automatic letter that is sent out.

eircom do not expect payment for the charges outlined.

Again I apologise for the delay in arranging an appointment for you and I am sorry but the appointment needs to be between 9am - 5pm Mon -Fri. If wish to get back to me with a time within those parameters that you can be available. I will insure the appointment is met.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,
    I did not receive a letter. I received a bill. It says 'FINAL BILL' on the heading. It gives me options on how to pay, including a Bank Giro form.

If you are unsure you should really ask for detail rather than try to dictate to me. I really wonder if certain members of the broader community would be intimidated and confused by such actions, and pay the bill in error.

Mark,
    I did not receive a letter. I received a bill. It says 'FINAL BILL' on the heading. It gives me options on how to pay, including a Bank Giro form.

If you are unsure you should really ask for detail rather than try to dictate to me. I really wonder if certain members of the broader community would be intimidated and confused by such actions, and pay the bill in error.

Hi Closov,

Apologies, That was the previous order that was issued as an electronic enablement. The balance has been written off. Obviously disregard the bill.

Thanks, Mark

Grand, thanks. Nothing against you Mark, I know you've done what you can. At the moment I do not wish to enter any contract with Eircom, purely due to the way things have gone (even if I was able make arrangements to take delivery), but I'll sleep on it one more night before making a firm decision.

Grand, thanks. Nothing against you Mark, I know you've done what you can. At the moment I do not wish to enter any contract with Eircom, purely due to the way things have gone (even if I was able make arrangements to take delivery), but I'll sleep on it one more night before making a firm decision.

Hi Closov,

I understand, and again I do apologise. Please let me know what you decide either way.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement