Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Blackberry Curve 8520

Options
  • 21-10-2011 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm buying a Curve from my friend. It's locked to the Vodafone network and I want to stay with Meteor. My question is what is the quickest/easiest way to unlock one of these phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

You can get an unlock code for free from:
    www.freemyblackberry.com

I always use this and it's never failed me. I used the expedited process for my last BlackBerry unlock (9900) which cost about 3 euro as I wanted the unlock quickly. Otherwise they send you an unlock code within about 24hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You can get an unlock code for free from:
    www.freemyblackberry.com

I always use this and it's never failed me. I used the expedited process for my last BlackBerry unlock (9900) which cost about 3 euro as I wanted the unlock quickly. Otherwise they send you an unlock code within about 24hrs

I asked in Carphone w and they said "that because its blackberry you can run in to problems with them unlocking them you mite not get any of the settings to work properly and all that ****"
    How true is this?

Well all I can tell you is my experience and some friends (I'll ask them to post their's). I've unlocked 2 devices with this site. One via the free (up to 24hrs to receive code) method and once with the expedited method. I'm using a 9900 that I bought on pre pay from O2 and immediately unlocked it with the site (via the expedited method). I now use it with no problems on the Three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kreontas

I haver unlocked about 10 devices using above www. Never failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MICHAELO_4921

I have used freemyblackberry.com free service on 3 blackberry's in the house, I have had no problem with the re setting. I have used them on O2, Vodafone & now Three.ie. I think carphone are looking for you to get a new handset off them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Used both the expidited service and the free 24hr service on 3 of my Berries. Worked every time with no issues at all. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 flowerbomb149

If the Blackberry is unlocked from Vodafone, can it be used on meteor pay as you go? Will they allow you to register for their Blackberry data plans?

Yes. Just make sure that the network has released the BlackBerry from their BIS system.

From the Vodafone BIS system is it? Thanks for your speedy reply!

Correct, yes.

• Advertisement

Sorry for asking again but does it matter if the phone was on Vodafone bill pay or pay as you go? I'm hoping to use it on meteor pay as you go?

No it doesn't aslong as it's unlocked and has been released from BIS

Great thanks a million for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nutterz

Great thanks a million for your help!

hi flowerbomb149 :) hope you dont mind me asking, but what option did you go with in the end? As i also want to unlock my phone from meteor to vodafone and was wondering did that link work, or did you go with another idea ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520, I bought it in 2011, on meteor and never even tried to unlock it. Today, I tried the mentioned website and got the code, to discover that my phone was already unlocked before I even tried to put the code in.

Regardless of needing the code, I was happy with the service it provided anyway :)

Advertisement