Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 preload emails?

Options
  • 21-10-2011 11:42am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So people are reporting about emails they got yesterday

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3. We would like to remind you
    that your pre-load of the game begins tomorrow, October 21st. You will
    receive an Email from us tomorrow by 11:59pm PDT, which will include
    your order information and instructions on how to begin your pre-load.
    Note: To ensure an optimal game experience, go to Origin.com/download
    and install the latest version of the Origin Client before you pre-load.

Sincerely,
    The Origin Team

I didnt get any,anyone get one or indeed the planned followup email?
    Are us Irish gonna be left out in the cold again like with the early access beta codes?
    Slightly worrying to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I got this mail. but only just now saw the PDT beside the time, LOL, that adds 8/9 hours right? I would say, if you didn't get this mail, it might be worthwhile connecting to EA support now rather than later as the queues will be shorter and they will have time to make sure your account is registered and all that mumbo jumbo.

I'm prepared this time, got team viewer installed on the rig in case there is a pre-download available on origin.

I don't see why they are dicking about with unlock codes when the game is there in origin. updating a database with a single SQL command is a lot faster than sending millions of e-mails.

SD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I haven't received any email from them either :(

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I haven't received any email from them either :(

This is gonna be a long night, Say hi to Mohindar for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Just about to post this, are they legit?

the mail address just looks weird

origin-orders@em.ea.com

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Move to the North lads TBH!

• Advertisement

Auvers wrote: »
    Just about to post this, are they legit?

the mail address just looks weird

origin-orders@em.ea.com

em.ea.com os a subdomain of
    ea.com

if it said ea.em.com you should be worried.

start on the right and work your way to the left.
    .com is ok (ICANN)
    ea.com is ok (Electronic Arts registered domain)
    www.ea.com is ok as it is within the control of it's parent domain
    ftp.ea.com
    mail.ea.com
    x.ea.com

etc...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still no email and as usual support are fcuking useless :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

OP I received that email at 1.25 Thursday morning. Haven't received the download details yet. BTW I was one of those who pre-ordered and didn't get an email from them with code etc when the beta was released.

Just loaded Origin now and there is a further update to d/l. I downloaded an update only this week. New version is 8.3.1.9 - 108188

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Dear CUSTOMER,

Thank you for ordering on Origin Store. The product that you preordered is now available for preload. To download your game just visit the "My Games" section of the Origin.

Order Number: XXXXXXX
    Product Number: XXXXXX
    Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition
    Release Date: 27 October 2011

Looks like its all "steam" ahead, ready and waiting for the 27th !!

See you's on the battlefield.

Although im still not sure what ill do first.... the launch trailer looks fantastic. So is it multiplayer or campaign first for you guys ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

pre-load is available

So it's a pre-download, and we can't play it until 2 days after the release date? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just got the email there, think a re-install of windows may be in order.

Noticed the origin-cloud thing, handy out

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

What is that exactly ??? Being that you sound very happy about it ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

lahcen86 wrote: »
    What is that exactly ???

You can upload your save games to this cloud storage thing so you can play them anywhere or use them again after a little overhaulin'

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Now that the pre loads have started,has anyone else noticed that origin have not taken payment from their credit cards yet? or will that happen on launch i wonder?

Just got email and my copy is downloading now. Currently @ 1.9mb per sec(UPC)

10.1mb sec, 16 mins remaining until I can wait a whole week to start the game :(

Downloading now on my useless regional broadband connection. Thank fcuk theres a pre load. Im gonna need pretty much a week to download this anyway! ha!

The file size is 11.4gb, those torrent files were arounf 9.5gb as far as i remember, waste of bandwidth or does the 11.4gb include karkland? Anyone know?

• Advertisement

Wasn't the original release date the 28th? Now the Origin emails say 27th? Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭GarethBah

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Wasn't the original release date the 28th? Now the Origin emails say 27th? Sweet!

I presume thats a mistake, and they mean midnight :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This sucks, I have the game downloaded and can't play it for another 4 days, would have thought they could have give you the single player or something, it's like getting your Christmas present a week early and being told you can't have it for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dear Customer,

We recently sent you an email with details containing pre-load instructions for Battlefield 3. The game release date in those instructions refers to US Central Daylight Time.

For clarification, your local live date to begin playing the game is: October 28th, 2011.

Sincerely,
    The Origin Team
    The teasing bastards!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

GarethBah wrote: »
    I presume thats a mistake, and they mean midnight :D

You can try running the game and it'll tell you exactly when you can begin playing.
    Your release date will be: 27 October 2011, 01:00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

If I preorder through origin today will it let me download it today does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Vikings wrote: »
    If I preorder through origin today will it let me download it today does anyone know?

yes you can preload it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Cheers.... or do I wait and pick it up in store tomorrow? Cheaper right? Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Vikings wrote: »
    Cheers.... or do I wait and pick it up in store tomorrow? Cheaper right? Decisions, decisions!

Its not out till the 28th here so you wont be able to pick it up tomorrow. Going to be using a VPN trick once I see what results people get to hopefully be able to play single player atleast today

• Advertisement
Advertisement