Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAfee Wave Secure

Options
  • 21-10-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else been using this since it was in beta?

There's an update available in the market, and the update mentions in app purchasing.
    Then the reviews section has a lot of people asking why they have to pay now, when it was originally promised that beta users had a free lifetime subscription.

Have any of you updated it and it still works without payment?

I have the apk backed up, but I don't want to update and lose functionality because a change it registers to my account, and rolling back would be useless then.. just wondering if any of you have an experience of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You do not need an antivirus for Android

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

I know, that's not why I use this.

Thanks for the help though.

McAfee have a long history of extracting money for shíte software

I know.

McAfee bought Wave Secure from a dev when it was in Beta, when they bought it over there was an assurance that those who had it in Beta wouldn't have to pay, and that was the case with all updates up until today it might seem. That's why I'm looking for someone who might also have been in the Beta but updated today.

There are other apps that provide similar features. I'm using watchdroid to remotely disable and wipe my phone if it ever goes missing. I use sms backup to backup my texts and you can easily sync your contacts with Google and have them backed up

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    There are other apps that provide similar features. I'm using watchdroid to remotely disable and wipe my phone if it ever goes missing. I use sms backup to backup my texts and you can easily sync your contacts with Google and have them backed up

Ye, it's great the way Wave Secure does all of that in one.
    Primarily it's for the sim card number and gps tracking, along with the uninstall protection.

That's why I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's being charged for.

Lookout from what I remember does most if not all of the same functions, but I'd have to pay.

Advertisement