Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Express Delivery

Options
  • 21-10-2011 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Ok so ive heard alot about Gamestop delivering games a day or two before they are meant to be realeased? Any truth in it? I jus pre ordered BF3 with gamestop and chose the express delivery option.Has anyone recieved games in the post before realease date? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

DY2011 wrote: »
    Ok so ive heard alot about Gamestop delivering games a day or two before they are meant to be realeased? Any truth in it? I jus pre ordered BF3 with gamestop and chose the express delivery option.Has anyone recieved games in the post before realease date? :)

Received Collector's edition of Batman yesterday. Portal 2 and a couple of other games arrived on the Wednesday for me. The earlier you order I think the better chance you have of getting them earlier, as I assume they process them in the order they receive em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Pretty much everyone on the Dark Souls thread who did the Express Delivery got it the Thursday prior to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah you should get it a day or two before release, i ordered LA Noire 4 days before release and choose express delivery, i got it the day before release, as long as you dont order it 2 days before (like i stupidly did with batman and will now have to wait till monday) you should be fine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gamestop say that they guarantee delivery on the day before or doy of release. At least that's what they told me for Dark Souls, and i got it the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd ordered Arkham City with just regular delivery, and got it yesterday, but they probably didn't send it via the post due to the size anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I've always chosen express. Made orders of €150 for free express delivery on individual items. Ordered Forza, Wireless Wheel, Dark Souls, Rage and got all but Rage the day before their respective release dates. It's guaranteed for launch date delivery so don't get upset you don't get everything earlier than street date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DY2011

Well i ordered BF3 a good 2-3 weeks ago so im hoping its here as soon as.1 day before would be nice,but im hearing of 3-4 days early in some cases,i hope im one of them cases haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

how much is express delivery?

An extra fiver,with BF3 limited edition ( you get some extra guns and attachments and 4 remastered BF2 maps) it came to 49.50 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Thats not bad at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

also went for the express delivery with BF3 , hopefully will be here thurday morning !! get a head start on the lads i play with ! they are looking forward to it far more than me, and will be wondering how i got it early :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I ordered Gears 3 just 3 days before it was due to ship and I still got it a day before release. There was an A4 sheet in the packaging with the words "You must not play this until 20-09-11" printed on it. I sure took notice of those instructions... :)

2smiggy wrote: »
    also went for the express delivery with BF3 , hopefully will be here thurday morning !! get a head start on the lads i play with ! they are looking forward to it far more than me, and will be wondering how i got it early :pac:

Haha same,none of them pre-ordered.But i loved the beta so much so thought why not,never played a Battlefield before so the head start will do nicely :D

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I ordered Gears 3 just 3 days before it was due to ship and I still got it a day before release. There was an A4 sheet in the packaging with the words "You must not play this until 20-09-11" printed on it. I sure took notice of those instructions... :)

Yeah hold on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only ever happened with deus ex for me :'( I got it on the tuesday before release oh and I got fifa on the thursday now come to think of it.

Happy days,its looking good so :)

While im here,if anyone wants to play BF3 when its out with about 4 or 5 other Irish lads ...add my GT = DAMP YOKE 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

While im here,if anyone wants to play BF3 when its out with about 4 or 5 other Irish lads ...add my GT = DAMP YOKE 10

LMAO!!

What a GT :D:D:D:D:D:D

LMAO!!

What a GT :D:D:D:D:D:D

What can I say,im like a broken tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anyone order from gamestop with express delivery before?
    is there a way to track you parcel? I can't see an option to do it anywhere, I got an email from gs saying it was dispatched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

to anyone who has received a game through express delivery from gamestop before - do you have to sign for it?? need to know cause of work - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

mystic86 wrote: »
    anyone order from gamestop with express delivery before?
    is there a way to track you parcel? I can't see an option to do it anywhere, I got an email from gs saying it was dispatched

When you log into your account you can view your existing orders.
    When you select an order number There is a "Tracking Number: Click Here" link above the title order.
    mystic86 wrote: »
    to anyone who has received a game through express delivery from gamestop before - do you have to sign for it?? need to know cause of work - thanks

Yes, I've had to sign for mine. Delivered via Nightline.

Advertisement