Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Researching for starting up aquarium; tank mates

Options
  • 21-10-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hay guys I’m gonna get a tropical aquarium for Christmas so doing my research now! (I like to be organised)

I’m thinking about getting a juwel 110L or a 125L, anyone bought from this guy on donedeal?;
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/fish/1384629
    Should I bite the bullet and just go with the bigger one?

Anyhoo based on my research I need to allow 1L for every 5cm of fish so if I had a 110L tank this would equate to roughly 22fish. – is this right????

I ask because I want a community tank, I was thinking about having –
    8 neon tetras
    3 guppies
    4 mollies
    - these numbers are also based on having tank mates of the following;
    1 betta
    2 rainbow gourami, dwarf (as seen on seahorseaquariums website)

My concern being whether the betta and gourami are suitable tank mates, I could have sworn I read before not to put betta with guppy as it would nip this tails.
    I don’t mind leaving out the betta so much but I would like the gourami.

Also in which order should the different fish be introduced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

From what I've heard aqadvisor.com is a good site which would let you know the stocking levels and compatability of tankmates.

I have a Betta with some tetras and they're eating his tail, so be aware of that as a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 spikealmighty

kylith wrote: »
    From what I've heard aqadvisor.com is a good site which would let you know the stocking levels and compatability of tankmates.

I have a Betta with some tetras and they're eating his tail, so be aware of that as a possibility.
    Wow thank you that website is the bomb!

Advertisement