Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order ready just need comments/feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

here is your order done a bit nicer:

Total build cost: €970.41 + €30 shipping
    Rechner - Zusammenbau €20.00
    ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX €85.67
    NZXT Phantom Big Tower - white/red , ATX, ohne Netzteil €135.72
    Powercolor HD6970 2048MB Dual-DVI €292.11
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch €85.89
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 550W €52.05
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA €15.98
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ) €54.99
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-10667U CL9 €40.75
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155 €187.25

id change to windows 7 from here, and spend the extra on this PSU (550W is cutting it close with a 6970)
    and this motherboard. neither the motherboard or PSU will support crossfire 6970's if you have future plans to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Tea_Bag wrote: »

id change to windows 7 from here, and spend the extra on this PSU (550W is cutting it close with a 6970)
    and this motherboard. neither the motherboard or PSU will support crossfire 6970's if you have future plans to do this.

Thanks for the help .... Also I've never payed by bank transfer befor im just wondering is there anything I need to bring with me to the bank ? Like HWVS account number or something because I don't want order it until I know what to do . Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Nah, 550W is fine for a single 6970. Card only draws ~200W under full load.

deconduo wrote: »

Nah, 550W is fine for a single 6970. Card only draws ~200W under full load.

I've just a few questions befor I order my build this week .
    Will the 550W psu be fine with a 6970
    And when I go to pay I get the option for paypal ( which I'd prefer ) but it says that they can't except credit cards but I'm wondering will my debit card be ok or will I have to pay via bank transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If it's a good 550W, it'll do it, but it's a little close for my liking. I'd get a 600/650W unit if it were me, if only to have the bit of extra room for hard drives, OCing, etc.

Never ordered from HWVS myself so I can't help you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

On a completely different note.

The next time I buy a case it's going to not have a door.
    Damn thing drove me mental until I just started leaving it open, then an accidental swing of the feet made sure it would never hurt me again.

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Im talking from a small bit of experience here...
    I built a rig this time last year and skimped on the psu(750 watt) as I thought id never need anything more...as I thought the 6870 I originally bought would be more than enough for gaming....

Well I was wrong!! now that i have a 6970 and have just ordered another 6970 i Need a new psu to power the two of em...

so I have just coughed up a total of 500 snots for another 6970,850 watt corsair AX and graphics cooler when if I had just bought a psu over specced at the first place I would be 160e better off in the pocket..

So what Im trying to say is...BUY once and CRY once....

Like many here on boards...If you like your gaming you will always be upgrading graphics,adding a ssd and maybe venturing into water cooling such as I will be shortly...

A good strong PSU is a good sound investment from the Get Go...

Just my 2p worth...:cool:

The next time I buy a case, I'm making sure it has a door.

I never used to want one for the exact reasons you mentioned above, but I've left my DVD drive unplugged for the past three months, and only noticed the other day. Shows how much I use one.

Cases with doors are much better for silent builds, being my main reason.

dwighet wrote: »
    Im talking from a small bit of experience here...
    I built a rig this time last year and skimped on the psu(750 watt) as I thought id never need anything more...as I thought the 6870 I originally bought would be more than enough for gaming....

Well I was wrong!! now that i have a 6970 and have just ordered another 6970 i Need a new psu to power the two of em...

so I have just coughed up a total of 500 snots for another 6970,850 watt corsair AX and graphics cooler when if I had just bought a psu over specced at the first place I would be 160e better off in the pocket..

So what Im trying to say is...BUY once and CRY once....

Like many here on boards...If you like your gaming you will always be upgrading graphics,adding a ssd and maybe venturing into water cooling such as I will be shortly...

A good strong PSU is a good sound investment from the Get Go...

Just my 2p worth...:cool:

Thanks for the input .
    I'll probably go with the 650W just to be safe I would go with a 850W but I don't plan on upgrading for a while so I think I'll be safe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

blobby360 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input .
    I'll probably go with the 650W just to be safe I would go with a 850W but I don't plan on upgrading for a while so I think I'll be safe ...

no worries dude... But when you decide to go crossfire 6950 and you need a new psu....Think of me:D

Nice build by the way.... Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    The next time I buy a case, I'm making sure it has a door.

I never used to want one for the exact reasons you mentioned above, but I've left my DVD drive unplugged for the past three months, and only noticed the other day. Shows how much I use one.

Cases with doors are much better for silent builds, being my main reason.

My power and reset buttons were hidden by the door.

I don't mind noise, if I can't her hear her humming, she ain't working hard enough!

I was looking at getting my windows 7 copy from Softwarestudents.com but reading the small print it says that it's not a actual copy of windows 7 just a upgrade to it and That you must have a windows licence for it to work ? So could someone explain what this means and if it'll work

it works perfectly I can personally vouch for it. you're paying for the licence.

it works perfectly I can personally vouch for it. you're paying for the licence.

Ok that's good then I'll order the disk version soon

order the digital and download an ISO would be way less hassle.

Is DVI-D the same as normal dvi because im buying a new monitor and im not sure

Would any DVD drive on hwvs work with my build since the one I picked is out of stock ?

Would any DVD drive on hwvs work with my build since the one I picked is out of stock ?

As long as its SATA, yes. So this one would be the next cheapest:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=27402&agid=699

As long as its SATA, yes. So this one would be the next cheapest:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=27402&agid=699

I sent my payment via paypal today which they received and sent me a email telling me they got payment .
    Now I'm just wondering when they send a tracking number ?

I sent my payment via paypal today which they received and sent me a email telling me they got payment .
    Now I'm just wondering when they send a tracking number ?

You'll get it when the order ships. The tracking number will be for DHL initially, but that will stop tracking when it gets to ireland as they hand it over to An Post. You'll have to use An Post's tracking from then on, but its the same number.

• Advertisement

order the digital and download an ISO would be way less hassle.

i would but i have no way of downloading it . would it still work if i order the dvd version :(

i would but i have no way of downloading it .

The internet?

i would but i have no way of downloading it .

The internet?
    Lol no I mean I have no computer...... all I'm using is my iPad

What area you in? Surely some friendly boardsies would burn a DVD.

What area you in? Surely some friendly boardsies would burn a DVD.

I'm In the Monaghan/cavan area but I don't see the problem with ordering the disk version. Can somebody explain why I shouldn't get it

I'm In the Monaghan/cavan area but I don't see the problem with ordering the disk version. Can somebody explain why I shouldn't get it

Piracy is cool. And gets you banned.

Nope. If you had a working computer with a DVD burner the digital version is easier and you don't need to wait a few days for delivery. However if all you have is an iPad then go ahead and get the disc :)
    Piracy is cool.

Please don't advocate piracy on this board, especially of windows. Apart from being illegal, there are lots of problems and security flaws with any pirated OS.

Please don't advocate piracy on this board, especially of windows. Apart from being illegal, there are lots of problems and security flaws with any pirated OS.

I could be wrong, but I think he was taking the piss. Does that still count as advocacy? I'm actually not sure...

*ahem* The digital version is easier to work with. (Personally, I wish MS would release a bootable-from-USB version, then I could just chuck my DVD drive and be done with the damn thing, but hey) Though if all you have is an iPad - I'll just leave the elephant alone there - then you'll need a disk.

Serephucus wrote: »

I could be wrong, but I think he was taking the piss. Does that still count as advocacy? I'm actually not sure...

*ahem* The digital version is easier to work with. (Personally, I wish MS would release a bootable-from-USB version, then I could just chuck my DVD drive and be done with the damn thing, but hey) Though if all you have is an iPad - I'll just leave the elephant alone there - then you'll need a disk.

Thanks a lot guys for the help . From the people were talking about the disk version I thought It was diseased or something :)
    Ohh and believe me having a iPad as a main computer is not something I enjoy . Ohh how much I miss flash :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

blobby, Genghiz was talking about something else. And being a prat.

A proper digital download is not evil; it will however stop working, just like the disk version, if you don't activate it with a valid legal activation key after 30 days. Trying to find a way around that - or downloading a copy of the OS hacked to disable activation - is piracy, but that's not what any of us were talking about until Genghiz opened his trap :p

Advertisement