Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order ready just need comments/feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Solitaire wrote: »
    blobby, Genghiz was talking about something else. And being a prat.

Personal abuse, tut tut.
    I'll have to inform the mods :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ok this is getting more confusing than a biology exam .... All I want to know is if it'll work just like a regular windows 7 . E.G I buy a copy online then intstall it and I'm done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

blobby360 wrote: »
    Ok this is getting more confusing than a biology exam .... All I want to know is if it'll work just like a regular windows 7 . E.G I buy a copy online then intstall it and I'm done

Yes.

Yes.
    Ok great then time to order

I'm wondering is it safe to plug my build into a extension lead since I don't think the plug from the computer will reach ?

• Advertisement

I'm in a bit of a predicament here .
    My computer has landed in Ireland and Im guessing it'll be here by Thursday now my problem is that my copy of windows 7 can't be ordered until Thursday. ( when i get paid ) so I'm wondering is there anyway to get a free trail of windows or anything so I can start my computer .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you can find a friend with a PC, you can download the image, burn it, and install Windows as normal, then just activate it when you get the key from your ordered copy. That's really the only way to go. (You could also try the same thing with a USB stick, but there's a bit more to that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Ohh how much I miss flash :(
    In the words or the great Brian Fantana,
    "Sounds like you have mental problems man"

HTML5 ftw, http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/11/one-millionth-tower/

Serephucus wrote: »
    If you can find a friend with a PC, you can download the image, burn it, and install Windows as normal, then just activate it when you get the key from your ordered copy. That's really the only way to go. (You could also try the same thing with a USB stick, but there's a bit more to that)

Could you show me a link to that if it isn't any hassle ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

EDIT: Ninja'd

Just download the version(Home Premium, Ultimate) your going to buy, the one key will work for either 32bit or 64bit, so I would recommend getting the 64bit version.
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    EDIT: Ninja'd

Just download the version(Home Premium, Ultimate) your going to buy, the one key will work for either 32bit or 64bit, so I would recommend getting the 64bit version.
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

Gmail Notifier FTW. :P

Since I'm getting My windows from software4students I'm just wondering since it's a upgrade to windows professional I'm guessing I should download windows home premium ?

Nah, have a google, you can do a clean install from an upgrade version, though I can't remember the specifics. I think you install it twice or something.

ive been looking at my order and it say its 60% delivered on DHL and it says its been sent to ireland but for 2 days ive been checking on the an post website but the codes they gave me wont work so I don't no where I'm ireland it is . any:( help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

ive been looking at my order and it say its 60% delivered on DHL and it says its been sent to ireland but for 2 days ive been checking on the an post website but the codes they gave me wont work so I don't no where I'm ireland it is . any:( help

You are putting the dhl tracking number in the an post tracking?

dwighet wrote: »

You are putting the dhl tracking number in the an post tracking?

So how can I find it on An post ?

You take the tracking number from DHL, and paste it in here.

(Make sure to hit enter, if you try and do it another way it can spaz out a little bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

I was looking at getting my windows 7 copy from Softwarestudents.com but reading the small print it says that it's not a actual copy of windows 7 just a upgrade to it and That you must have a windows licence for it to work ? So could someone explain what this means and if it'll work

Because it's an upgrade, you must have a licensed version of Windows (such as XP, Vista) previously installed.

You'll be caught out if you don't meet this requirement.

(Make sure to hit enter, if you try and do it another way it can spaz out a little bit)
    I've have all ready done that but It just says it doesn't recognise the number

• Advertisement

I've have all ready done that but It just says it doesn't recognise the number

Any idea why I can't track my build on the an post website ?

Sometimes it takes a couple of days to be recognised, especially over weekends. Beyond that, I've no idea.

Sometimes it takes a couple of days to be recognised, especially over weekends. Beyond that, I've no idea.
    Ok my computer Is here but it has a german plug . So will any kettle lead work ?

Yes.

Ok so my computer is working fine all I had to do was plug it In but here is the thing my monitor won't recognise my computer or a least I think it won't . When I plug it in via HDMI/VGA all it says is no signal then a orange light comes on were the power is . Also I don't have a mouse or keyboard plugged in if that would make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Dunno, you might try turning the monitor and PC off, reconnecting the HDMI/VGA cable, turn the monitor on first then the PC.
    Worked for me once.

Emmm how can I put this I fixed it emmmm I had put the hdmi lead in the wrong place :)

Where did you put it?!

Where did you put it?!
    Into the motherboard :)

• Advertisement

Oh, I thought you were going to say you tried to jam it into an eSATA port or something. :P

Advertisement