If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRIDAY OPEN BOX CLEARANCE - MAD PRICES

Options
  • 21-10-2011 2:20pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

OK the season is looming and I need to clear some space, so we have been going through our 'Open Box' area which consists of ex-display, 14 day return, service return product - it's all covered by a full warranty and we do our best to describe the condition...

Rather than release 100's of pieces all at once I'll release a few every few days an get the out rapid.

As with all our open box sales it's first come 1st served - if you book the item here on boards - please include the job lot and the model number so there is no confusion and then we will reserve the item for you - after that you can drop us a PM with your contact details or give us a call on 00.44.333.900.0071 .

The first batch is as follows:

1: MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS 250HD - Single AV Centre speaker - slightly damaged cabinet / Black Gloss - Top notch AV Centre speaker.
    Was: £249.95 (Is £279.95 pretty much everywhere else!)
    Now: £99.95

2. MONITOR AUDIO VECTOR V20 Single AV Centre - Black - As New
    Was £79.95 (again is £119.95 pretty much everywhere else)
    Now: £39.95

3. MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS 360HD Compact Powerful Subwoofer, Black Gloss, Good condition.
    Was £299.95 ( we're already about £100 cheaper on this than most UK retailers)
    Now: £149.95

4. MORDAUNT SHORT MS404 GENIE CENTRE Single AV Centre speaker, Slightly dented driver, Silver, Excellent centre!
    Was: £119.95
    Now: £29.95

5. YAMAHA YSP2200 AV Sound Bar with Subwoofer (serious piece of kit!) What Hi-Fi 5 Star Review, Boxed and as new..
    Was: £799.95
    Now: £599.95

6. MORDAUNT SHORT MS302 AV Satellite speakers (pair), beech, Not great nick but work AOK...
    Was: £69.95
    Now: £9.95

7. BOSTON SOUNDWARE XSB 5.1 Classic 5.1 AV system including 5 Satellites, Subwoofer & Brackets, Open Box, Black, Boxed but Sub and 2 satellites slightly damaged (cosmetic only!)
    Was: £249.95 (originally got 5 star review at £349.95!)
    Now: £159.95

8. MONITOR AUDIO VECTOR VW8 100Watt active & Compact Subwoofer, Black, Good condition.
    Was: £199.95 (Have a look - its £220 pretty much everywhere in the UK)
    Now: £89.95

9. MORDAUNT SHORT GENIE MS409 Hefty 200watt subwoofer, scratched but works just fine!
    Was: £299.95 (Have a look - its £220 pretty much everywhere in the UK)
    Now: £49.95

10. TEAC AGH350 SUBWOOFER I don't have many details on this one but, hey, at this price....
    Was: £99.95
    Now: £19.95

11. KEF KHT 1005.2 5.1 System - Good Condition, Ex-display, now less than 1/2 original price!
    Was: £399.95
    Now: £179.95

12. BOSTON HS40 Bookshelf speakers, white - these are a 14 day exchange, if you like your speakers compact and your music loud.... Look no further!
    Was: £149.95
    Now: £49.95(a pair of course!)

13. MONITOR AUDIO APEX AW12 Monitor Audio's top Apex subwoofer, Beautifully finished in Black Piano Pearlescent Gloss, 500 Watt, luxury, top-end subwooefr - you'll be pushed to find finer! Very slight cosmetic marks.
    Was: £799.95 (at least £900 pretty much everywhere in the UK)
    Now: £349.95

14. MONITOR AUDIO APEX 10 Top end bookshelf speakers, Piano Black metal cabinets including pedestals, V V slight cosmetic marks (get the magnifying glasses out!...) Per Pair!
    Was: £499.95 (again well over £550 pretty much everywhere else..)
    Now: £249.95(a pair of course!)

15. BOSTON HPS-8W WIRELESS 150watt SUBWOOFER, Black, bit knocked about and scratched...
    Was: £249.95

16. TEAC LS800 SUBWOOFER Again I have no details on this (get your act together TEAC! but again at this price..
    Was: £199.95

17. TANNOY MERCURY M2 Bookshelf speakers, Black, Trade -ins, excellent condition.

18. AUDICA 5.1 SYSTEM
    Top-end AV system.... (sorry about the poor link!)
    Was: £1099.95
    Now: £399.95

That's the first lot (mainly speakers) - I have about 100 more lines that I'll post over the next week or so - the next lot will be mainly AV Electronics..

Give us a shout if you can assist in any way and if you require any further info again just drop me a line!

ATVB and happy shoppin'

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi John,

Any 22" TV's in the open box specials?? Left a reply in the other tread.....

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi John,

Any 22" TV's in the open box specials?? Left a reply in the other tread.....

Thanks

Ryanno,

very little , But I do have one open box LG 22LE3300 that I would do at £149.95... Nice 22" LED Saorview ready jobbie - Shipping would be just £9.95..

Keep mc posted if you are interested..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

John. Looking for a bargain in a 37" mpeg4 tv. Just for a playroom so price is the only consideration.

Thanks

Eamonn

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ei9go wrote: »
    John. Looking for a bargain in a 37" mpeg4 tv. Just for a playroom so price is the only consideration.

Thanks

Eamonn

Ah now lads - you're ruining my plan...

...I get the boys to have a looksee for you and revert ..

ATVB,

John Mc

PM on it's way!! ;)
    Ryanno,

very little , But I do have one open box LG 22LE3300 that I would do at £149.95... Nice 22" LED Saorview ready jobbie - Shipping would be just £9.95..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Folks,

Please keep this thread clear for making offers on items already posted by John Mc - if everyone pitches in asking whether there's a bargain on something they're interested in the thread will descend into confusion.

If you are looking for a quote on a particular item feel free to open a new thread with your query.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

John, I'll go for the Apex sub and 4 sats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

The fastest sale in the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Hi John,
    If you happen to come across another 13. MONITOR AUDIO APEX AW12 sub or another great Sub, I need one.
    At the moment may I be next in-line for 13. MONITOR AUDIO APEX AW12, thank you, Pepsie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

<SNIP>

Please see post #7 above, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

John,

Will take the Audica 5.1 system. Has this got the two floorstanders.
    Would be looking a receiver to go with it, have you any good offers on one?

I can collect and can be up Sunday.

Thanks
    Cronan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

next up for the audica system if babyeater backs out

edit - will take the BOSTON SOUNDWARE XSB 5.1. can cross speakers off my list of things needed in my request thread :)

would appreciate a pm on the best wiring to use for these, chasing walls at a more decent hour this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Would the MORDAUNT SHORT GENIE MS409 be too powerful to add to my current setup as a second sub?

I have a q accoustics 2070s at the minute running through an Onkyo 609.

I will take it if you think it will be a good match.

Hi John,

Spoke to Chris today (great guy!!) and bought the LG, 2 x Toshiba 22" TV's and 2 Pioneer Naw 1's! Helps the Xmas fund hughly!!!!;) Now just waiting for the launch of the Philips pta 516 and PTA 215!! Keep me in mind for any launch specials!! My 8605 needs to be FULLY utilised......

Great Service and Great prices mate, thanks again!!

Ryanno.
    Ryanno,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Hi John,

Spoke to Chris and I'll take the following please:

2. MONITOR AUDIO VECTOR V20 Single AV Centre - Black - As New
    Was £79.95 (again is £119.95 pretty much everywhere else)

8. MONITOR AUDIO VECTOR VW8 100Watt active & Compact Subwoofer, Black, Good condition.
    Was: £199.95 (Have a look - its £220 pretty much everywhere in the UK)
    Now: £89.95

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Darcy Dougal

Hi, I'll take this if still available...

9. MORDAUNT SHORT GENIE MS409 Hefty 200watt subwoofer, scratched but works just fine!

Thanks
    PS need it delivered to Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Darcy.

Yip the Mordaunt Short MS409 is still available.

If you would like to PM me your details or you can call the store on
    0044 333 900 0071 and we can get the ball rolling.

Delivery would cost £12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Hi Darcy.

Yip the Mordaunt Short MS409 is still available.

If you would like to PM me your details or you can call the store on
    0044 333 900 0071 and we can get the ball rolling.

Delivery would cost £12.99

*Cough* I though it was first to post got it?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

OPPPSSS!!! :eek:

My eyes must not have been working yesterday.

Sorry Darcy but Northern Monkey already had asked a question about the sub which had been over looked.

Northern Monkey the MS409 would fit well as a second sub.
    Drop us a line and we can get this sorted for you!

Again sorry Darcy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

<Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Please see post #7 on this thread - feel free to open a new thread with a query for anything yoiu are interested in, please leave this thread clear for offers on items listed in the first post by John Mc.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Doh!!!
    Didn't see Northern Monkeys reply either, but if he changes his mind I'll take this to match the one I already have connected to my Onkyo

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

What colour are the Kef 1005's? Have they been on display for long and was it just display or demo purposes?

You mention AV electronics coming soon so would be nice to know what's available so could combine delivery, interested in a receiver to go with the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Would you sell me two of the Boston Acoustic satellites?

I'm also interested in...
    10) TEAC AGH350 SUBWOOFER I don't have many details on this one but, hey, at this price....
    Now: £19.95

....but I'd like to know if it will work with my desktop speakers. I've a set of Audioengine A2s and according to the manual

"A little known "feature" of the A2 is that you can use one of the inputs as an "output". Just plug your unused "input" from the A2 into the input of your sub."

Is there such an input on this sub and is it a powered or passive sub?

Thanks

Pic of the rear of the A2 attached

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Folks

Can I claim these?

1: MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS 250HD - Single AV Centre speaker - slightly damaged cabinet / Black Gloss - Top notch AV Centre speaker.
    Was: £249.95 (Is £279.95 pretty much everywhere else!)
    Now: £99.95

3. MONITOR AUDIO RADIUS 360HD Compact Powerful Subwoofer, Black Gloss, Good condition.
    Was £299.95 ( we're already about £100 cheaper on this than most UK retailers)
    Now: £149.95

Hi there.

We can't sell the speakers from the package as the package has now been taken, but we do have a single pair which are BNIB and I can do these for £69.95 for the pair. Usually £99.95. I know this doesn't seem like a mega deal but as a pair, they cost more than as part of the package and they are Brand New.

The Teac AGH350 is an active sub and it has a phono connection on the rear which matches that of your speaker.

It's very unusual to have an input that is labelled and such, but yet it's also an output, but if that's what it says, then you have to go with that.

The connection on the rear will need a single phono cable to run between this and the speaker. I have these in various different lengths if you need one.

Let me know if you would like it.

ATB

Dave

silvine wrote: »
    Would you sell me two of the Boston Acoustic satellites?

I'm also interested in...

....but I'd like to know if it will work with my desktop speakers. I've a set of Audioengine A2s and according to the manual

"A little known "feature" of the A2 is that you can use one of the inputs as an "output". Just plug your unused "input" from the A2 into the input of your sub."

Is there such an input on this sub and is it a powered or passive sub?

Thanks

Pic of the rear of the A2 attached

Hi all, just an update for you.

Items remaining are :

4. MORDAUNT SHORT MS404 GENIE CENTRE Single AV Centre speaker, Slightly dented driver, Silver, Excellent centre!
    Was: £119.95
    Now: £29.95

5. YAMAHA YSP2200 AV Sound Bar with Subwoofer (serious piece of kit!) What Hi-Fi 5 Star Review, Boxed and as new..
    Was: £799.95
    Now: £599.95

6. MORDAUNT SHORT MS302 AV Satellite speakers (pair), beech, Not great nick but work AOK...
    Was: £69.95
    Now: £9.95

11. KEF KHT 1005.2 5.1 System - Good Condition, Ex-display, now less than 1/2 original price!
    Was: £399.95
    Now: £179.95 (possibly taken)

12. BOSTON HS40 Bookshelf speakers, white - these are a 14 day exchange, if you like your speakers compact and your music loud.... Look no further!
    Was: £149.95
    Now: £49.95(a pair of course!)

15. BOSTON HPS-8W WIRELESS 150watt SUBWOOFER, Black, bit knocked about and scratched...

16. TEAC LS800 SUBWOOFER Again I have no details on this (get your act together TEAC! but again at this price..
    Was: £199.95

17. TANNOY MERCURY M2 Bookshelf speakers, Black, Trade -ins, excellent condition.

Keep us posted if anyone is interested in any of these remaining bits.

ATB

Dave

Hi Antomack.

The Kef speakers are black and they were on display for a few months but were never connected.

A few of the speakers have minor dinges to the metal front face that aren't particularly noticeable and they have minor marks on a few speakers but generally they are in good condition and the quality of the sound from this package is a lot more than the £179.95 price tag.

I don't have the confirmed list of the other items as yet, but we are looking to clear the items here, so let me know if you are interested and I'll get them despatched ASAP.

Many thanks

Dave

antomack wrote: »
    What colour are the Kef 1005's? Have they been on display for long and was it just display or demo purposes?

You mention AV electronics coming soon so would be nice to know what's available so could combine delivery, interested in a receiver to go with the speakers.

Still next in line for this if Northern Monkey hasn't taken it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

I'm tempted by this:

15. BOSTON HPS-8W WIRELESS 150watt SUBWOOFER,
    Black, bit knocked about and scratched...
    Now: £49. 95

How much would shipping to Cork and would you be able to hold off till next Friday for payment?

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.