Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crickets,Larva etc

Options
  • 21-10-2011 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

I just got a great pressie from my boss from a trip away. Salt n Vinegar Crickets..Was'nt expecting that when he said salt n vinegar, bbq or bacon and cheese.. Now the bbq flavour are larva which I just tasted and they actually arent that bad..I havent gone to taste the crickets yet I may need some wine to go with them but was thinking they would be great for Halloween for games or cake toppings, would anyone know a place in town perhaps that would sell something like these..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Milly33 wrote: »
    I just got a great pressie from my boss from a trip away. Salt n Vinegar Crickets..Was'nt expecting that when he said salt n vinegar, bbq or bacon and cheese.. Now the bbq flavour are larva which I just tasted and they actually arent that bad..I havent gone to taste the crickets yet I may need some wine to go with them but was thinking they would be great for Halloween for games or cake toppings, would anyone know a place in town perhaps that would sell something like these..
    Maxi zoo sell them live if you're feeling brave enough to make it yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah Jaysus no I dont think I can manage that, used to work in a pet shop and I wouldnt even take them out..Silly I know but sure..I tasted the cricket last night strange they taste like pencil for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Buy some from the pet shop, freeze them, then deep-fry them. I've had crickets stir-fried this way before. I didn't like them that much because I thought they tasted like courgette. Bet the crispy ones are nicer. :)

Advertisement