Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB issue - Salthill, Galway

Options
  • 21-10-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Eircom

After changing routers (Red internet lighton Netopia), PCs, changing DNS servers, etc, etc...rang today and it appears that there's a fault in the area...well the automated voice said there was...the "customer service" on the other end said there wasn't????

After I pulled him on what the automated Eircom message said when I typed in my number...he tried to tell me it was only down since 13:00 today, the fact is I'm running a business I've been down for the last day and a half and need access to emails, etc..It's a ridiculous amount of downtime that I can't afford.

Any ETA on when this will be resolved.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Eircom

After changing routers (Red internet lighton Netopia), PCs, changing DNS servers, etc, etc...rang today and it appears that there's a fault in the area...well the automated voice said there was...the "customer service" on the other end said there wasn't????

After I pulled him on what the automated Eircom message said when I typed in my number...he tried to tell me it was only down since 13:00 today, the fact is I'm running a business I've been down for the last day and a half and need access to emails, etc..It's a ridiculous amount of downtime that I can't afford.

Any ETA on when this will be resolved.

Hi eringobragh,

The issue is still being worked on and I will be sure to post any updates on this thread. There is no resolution time-frame at the moment I'm afraid but I will get back to you as soon as I have any more info.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Hi eringobragh,

The issue is still being worked on and I will be sure to post any updates on this thread. There is no resolution time-frame at the moment I'm afraid but I will get back to you as soon as I have any more info.

Thanks, Mark

What exactly is the issue eircom are having?

What exactly is the issue eircom are having?

Hi eringobragh,

We received an update a moment ago.

"All,

This outage was resolved.

Service came back just before 2pm and we have monitored the service and it is still stable"

Can you re-set the modem and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Hi eringobragh,

We received an update a moment ago.

"All,

This outage was resolved.

Service came back just before 2pm and we have monitored the service and it is still stable"

Can you re-set the modem and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Well considering I posted this at 14:30 I doubt it was fixed before 2.:confused:

* Rebooted Router...still no joy, getting DSL Sync...green light, Eircom IP address...can actually PING from router itself but it won't work on PC.

* Inputting an IP address into browser (googles) it won't access site...tried changing to Googles DNS same thing..so DNS isn't an issue

* Used Multiple computers...same issues

* Changed Routers...as the Netopia was constantly getting a Red light the last day and a bit.

* Change cables (phone)

* Connected patch lead into router as I normally use wireless.

* Phone line working fine as its connected to a Fax number and has a dial tone.

I work in IT so I've exhausted absolutely every avenue possible, I can safely say the onus is on Eircom's end..be it a line fault or whatever.

Well considering I posted this at 14:30 I doubt it was fixed before 2.:confused:

* Rebooted Router...still no joy, getting DSL Sync...green light, Eircom IP address...can actually PING from router itself but it won't work on PC.

* Inputting an IP address into browser (googles) it won't access site...tried changing to Googles DNS same thing..so DNS isn't an issue

* Changed Routers...as the Netopia was constantly getting a Red light the last day and a bit.

* Change cables (phone)

I work in IT so I've exhausted absolutely every avenue possible, I can safely say the onus is on Eircom's end..be it a line fault or whatever.

Hi eringobragh,

Can you PM me the telephone number associated to the broadband service in question please so run a few checks.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

* Change cables (phone)

Hi eringobragh

Your area line was not affected by the outage? I escalated your issue to managers in broadband technical support and they lowered the sync to try resolve the issue.

Can you monitor the connection and if there is no improvement, they advised it would be best to call them on 1890 260 260 (option 2)

I will follow up with you on Monday.

Thanks, Mark

When I called the broadband support number on Friday it told me there was an issue in my area when I inputted the number..

Anyway rang support and still no joy...got a ref no but still down, at this stage its getting ridiculous.. can't afford this amount of downtime...

UPC may be getting a new customer shortly :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think the entire Shantalla "Tandem" area is affected as I have come across the IP loss issue out in Moycullen and Barna as well. They are all fed back to Mervue via Shantalla.

It started last Tuesday.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I think the entire Shantalla "Tandem" area is affected as I have come across the IP loss issue out in Moycullen and Barna as well. They are all fed back to Mervue via Shantalla.

It started last Tuesday.

Apparently we are being fed from a different exchange according to the rep, one router will get an eircom IP address (3rd Part Netgear), the other won't...(Eircom Netopia)

PING google from Netgear router works fine and resolves IP, but the machine can't access the net, tried different machines, etc...to no avail...Frustrated isn't the word :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If your number starts 091 - 5 then you are fed thru the Shantalla Tandem to Mervue irrespective of your local exchange.

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If your number starts 091 - 5 then you are fed thru the Shantalla Tandem to Mervue irrespective of your local exchange.

Cheers...that is the number....yet more BS from Eircom:rolleyes:

Cheers...that is the number....yet more BS from Eircom:rolleyes:

Hi eringobragh,

Are you still having issues with your broadband service?

Thanks, Mark

Hi eringobragh,

Are you still having issues with your broadband service?

Thanks, Mark

Still down Mark, tried again there no joy. ::(

Still down Mark, tried again there no joy. ::(

Hi eringobragh,

I see broadband support have escalated the issue to engineers on the 22/10/11, I will track the case and keep you updated.

Thanks, Mark

Hi eringobragh,

I see broadband support have escalated the issue to engineers on the 22/10/11, I will track the case and keep you updated.

Thanks, Mark

Cheers Mark, yeah they were called and we were told it would probably be wednesday before anything could be done.

Cheers Mark, yeah they were called and we were told it would probably be wednesday before anything could be done.

Hi eringobragh,

The issue has already been assigned to a technican crew so I hope to have an update either later today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Mark

Resolved, Technician arrived and checked exchange, etc and diagnosed as faulty modem...wasn't there...not so sure on the diagnosis as the other router (brand new) was getting IP from eircom.

Anyway he left his modem there and the folks are happy now, said he'll arrange a new modem to be delivered..good outcome, cheers ;)

Resolved, Technician arrived and checked exchange, etc and diagnosed as faulty modem...wasn't there...not so sure on the diagnosis as the other router (brand new) was getting IP from eircom.

Anyway he left his modem there and the folks are happy now, said he'll arrange a new modem to be delivered..good outcome, cheers ;)

Hi eringobragh,

Ok, thanks for getting back to me. Can you let me know when you have received and set up the replacement modem to confirm every thing is working ok.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement