Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affiliate Sites.. Anyone any experience??

Options
  • 21-10-2011 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Guys,

Does anyone here have any experience of owning/operating an affiliate site that generates revenue through web traffic?

I'd be very interested in hearing more about it ie. amount of revenue it generates, generating web traffice, etc etc.

Also, any pitfalls that people know of?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

Hi

I own some affiliate sites, it's hard work and not an easy way to make money (at first). What type of "web traffic" are you referring to? You mean organic traffic from Google etc?

The amount of revenue they generate is relative to alot factors such as the market you are in, your marketing strategy, the commission you are on, competition etc etc. You can generate traffic straight away to a site on day one by using adwords or other Pay per click networks but be careful as you can loose your shirt if you don't know what you're doing.

What type of product are you thinking about promoting?
    Groundhog1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone here have any experience of owning/operating an affiliate site that generates revenue through web traffic?

I'd be very interested in hearing more about it ie. amount of revenue it generates, generating web traffice, etc etc.

Also, any pitfalls that people know of?

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Groundhog1

Hi

I own some affiliate sites, it's hard work and not an easy way to make money (at first). What type of "web traffic" are you referring to? You mean organic traffic from Google etc?

The amount of revenue they generate is relative to alot factors such as the market you are in, your marketing strategy, the commission you are on, competition etc etc. You can generate traffic straight away to a site on day one by using adwords or other Pay per click networks but be careful as you can loose your shirt if you don't know what you're doing.

What type of product are you thinking about promoting?

Sorry maybe I didn't explain properly above. I'm looking to create a website that will benefit from pay per click networks

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

Groundhog1 wrote: »
    Sorry maybe I didn't explain properly above. I'm looking to create a website that will benefit from pay per click networks

"Benefit from pay per click" ... So you want to use adwords to get traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Heres a few steps u need to make some money doing this..

U need to determine what website will sell, whether it be information or products.. There are lots of business models doing this, u need to determine from the start what your niche area will be and it will ultimely determine what direction or what way u cant go..

Keyword research.. come back online with what u want to target, whether it be small blue jumpers for kids or socks for people with four toes..
    It ALL depends on what keywords or area u target for it to be effective.. Spend the majority of ure time on this project researching what u want to target because ultimatedly if u dont you,ll end up targeting a market which u cant ever enter because of competion, finances, knowledge .. lots really

Get ure niche and come back .. Download market samurai .. learn it inside out and come back with an area niche which u want to target and i,ll let u know if its good bad or indifferent.

PRO TIP - Broad match and Exact match in market samurai are vital in determining what competition is out there.. and whether it is profitable.

Advertisement