Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Facts or Myths

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

While I can agree with your statement. My issue was with a tunnel from near blackrock castle to near the south infirmary that would have had to go through a lot of reclaimed land I would have thought.

Definately not the south infirmary way to far.
    Maybe the old convent/hospital on ringmahon road, recently done up so someone should Know.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

On the day of Judgement the "Goldie Angel" on St Fin Barres cathedral will blow his trumpet to signal the end of the world

When a well known Chinese opened on the southside it was one of the first in Cork, there was a story that the owner was caught with a bow and arrow and a dead swan out in the Lough.
    IF you were caught by travellers on the "SNotty bridge" they would throw you off it

Georgie Best/Rodney March had"relations" with half of Ballyphehane when they play he played for Cork Celtic (I think Best played about 4 matches March maybe less but a great story)

The boys of the Lough. Not the traditional music band....Two bus men were caught doing a Brokeback mountain in the old toilets in the Lough Urban Myth I always assumed

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ryanah

If my memory serves me right, I think it was a busman and another guy....
    The busman went on to be known as `The Lough Ass Monster` !!!!!

Advertisement