Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Execise Bike advice

• 21-10-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,

Having recently gotten myself fairly fit and managed a charity cycle from Malin to Dublin a few weekends ago, I would like to keep my current fitness level up over the winter.

As we all know the poxy weather we have in this country I was going to invest in an exercise bike to keep me going on the dark, wet weeks ahead.

http://www.irishsportswarehouse.ie/catalog/exercise-bikes/bodytrain-g8sp-racing-exercise-bike?zenid=9397246f5b21b4eb6528b3ee6af707c8

Has any purchased an exercise bike in the past few months, could you reccommend one please?

I think rollers would only cause an injury and I would like the option to watch a film and not have to concentrate on ending up in the TV.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

I started doing an hour a couple of times a week on the exercise bike in the gym. When I say an hour, I mean 30 mins on it and then 30 mins on bike that's more like a seat... kind on thing. The reason is that I just cant sit more than 30 mins on either one. I find them very uncomfortable over a longish period. I do 2.5 hours on my bike then at the weekends. Point being... you should try doing an hour on one first to see.

I thought I could use the bikes in the gym over the winter and dark evenings etc... but the more I train on them the more I am swaying towards buying a turbo trainer. Safer than the rollers and seeing as I'd be on my bike, more comfortable for longer workouts than the gym bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Get a turbo trainer. I have a magnetic one, which is pretty quiet. Just set it up in front of the tv and watch away while you're pedalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Get a turbo trainer. I have a magnetic one, which is pretty quiet. Just set it up in front of the tv and watch away while you're pedalling.

Bogmanfan has a good idea. Might be worth looking at a good one so your rear tyre last longer too.
    I was also thinking if you buy an exercise bike you'll have to change the pedals of the exercise bike to automatic pedals + cleats... something to consider too.

Advertisement