Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 205 Update

Options
  • 21-10-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I was asked by someone to update the Ireland map on their Nuvi 205. The website is giving me a lot of trouble doing this. I found a link on the store to buy the up to date UK and Ireland maps and tied to do that but kept ending up on a page saying 'This page does not exist' or something like that. I can only presume they now only sell the maps in a full Europe package. I then tried to do this and it kept asking me to register the device to proceed. When I went to that page it said the device was already registered but provided no link back to the store. Total dead end.

Has anyone any info on whether the 205 CAN be updated. My understanding is its discontinued, does that mean they wont provide new maps for it anymore?

If I get the SD card with the maps on it option will it work with the device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

<snip>
    Care to explain what you meant there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

I was asked by someone to update the Ireland map on their Nuvi 205. The website is giving me a lot of trouble doing this. I found a link on the store to buy the up to date UK and Ireland maps and tied to do that but kept ending up on a page saying 'This page does not exist' or something like that. I can only presume they now only sell the maps in a full Europe package. I then tried to do this and it kept asking me to register the device to proceed. When I went to that page it said the device was already registered but provided no link back to the store. Total dead end.

Has anyone any info on whether the 205 CAN be updated. My understanding is its discontinued, does that mean they wont provide new maps for it anymore?

If I get the SD card with the maps on it option will it work with the device?

Yes the 205 can be updated - using an SD card in the side to take all Europe mapping. The update can only take place from within "myGarmin" which registered users access using registered u/name and p/word. If you say the unit is registered then you must log in and do the download from within your account. If you cannot remember your registration details, then you must contact Garmin and sort this out before you can update.

Advertisement