Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects that complement each other

• 21-10-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi i was wondering are there any subjects that parts of the course overlap between the two. I am already aware of the Applied maths and physics one but are there any others

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Chemistry and physics also overlap fairly significantly around the nuclear physics and particle physics section! Biology and chemistry have some overlap (bonds and that) but nothing major.

While overlap is handy, it wouldn't be a major factor if I was choosing my subjects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Business and Economics, and I think both of them overlap with Geography too. I dont do Economics but I do the other two and my geography teacher has actually been photocopying the business book for us to do our answers! :pac: Thats only part of the course though.

I've also heard Bio/Geo/Ag Science overlap, and in a way languages like Spanish and French do since they look similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

Yes,
    Business/Economics/Accounting
    Business/LCVP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

jumpguy wrote: »
    Chemistry and physics also overlap fairly significantly around the nuclear physics and particle physics section! Biology and chemistry have some overlap (bonds and that) but nothing major.

While overlap is handy, it wouldn't be a major factor if I was choosing my subjects.

This and also I thunk Studying chemistry just makes Biology on the whole easier.

The most significant overlap has to be ag science and Biology surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

business and accounting is lovely with the ratio analysis!

Also geography and business.

I agree with the above poster doing biology and chemistry is great! Biology is a walk in part in comparison to chemistry
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

If your doing a lot of science keep HL maths up at all costs. Physics and chemistry go great together, biology doesn't really help anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Chuchoter wrote: »
    biology doesn't really help anything.

If you are good at Biology and Hand in a decent project you will walk a Higher B+ in Ag Science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Lol me in my own little bubble, forgot Ag Sci altogether, but I still hate biology :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JuniorMint

My school does not offer ag science but thanks for the advice

Advertisement