Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 iOS 5 weather app not updating

• 21-10-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Anybody Else have a problem with this? The battery seems to be lasting longer but weather app won't update and my mms seem to only send when the phone decides! Sorry if this been discussed already but I'm just on my phone now and haven't gone through all the other discussions. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

talkin wrote: »
    Anybody Else have a problem with this? The battery seems to be lasting longer but weather app won't update and my mms seem to only send when the phone decides! Sorry if this been discussed already but I'm just on my phone now and haven't gone through all the other discussions. Thanks in advance

I'm having the same problem since updating to iOS 5. Weather app and widget won't update. However if you connect to Wifi then the App/Widget will update. It's just when using your iPhone's data that it won't update. Tried a restore but it didn't fix the problem. I'm on Meteor btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

I'm also on meteor. I know it's only a minor thing but I used the weather app a bit and especially now since it meant to be one of the great updates. Least I know it's not just me. Wonder if it's just a meteor problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

same on emobile, i think it worked at first until i removed the stocks widget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

guil wrote: »
    same on emobile, i think it worked at first until i removed the stocks widget

You might have something there. I removed the stocks widget too and only noticed this bug afterwards. I'm on eMobile too.
    I also have the dodgy mms issue too.

Just added stocks widget back and it's no different. Rebooted too. Is anyone else jail broken ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

not woring on mine either.

32gb iPhone 4
    iOS5
    Not Jailbroken
    Meteor Network

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Mines the same, been dodgy since the ios5 update, and i never realised how much i used the app until now!

32gb iPhone 4
    iOS 5
    NOT Jailbroken
    Meteor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Same issue here, weather widget updates on wifi but not data. Im on Meteor aswell.

I'll try a restore later and leave the stocks app there and see does it work on 3G

My father got an iPhone in the last few weeks and I think his is the same on eMobile

I just rang cc and they haven't heard of it but he is passing it onto tech support who might ring for more information

• Advertisement

I Just confirmed it's working correctly on a friends o2 and anothers Vodafone!!!!!

Seems to be Meteor and Emobile only!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Mine will update on wifi but seldom on 3g with meteor.

so annoying! must be a meteor problem it has to be. hope its fixed soon

my stock widget works though just not the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Same :(

Mobile data on it won't update.
    Switch on wifi and it updates instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dam34

Hey,

Did anyone get a fix for this issue as I'm having the exact same probelm with my Weather app.

Works prefectly on Wifi but doesn't update on 3G.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Having the same problem with my 4S. Everything else is fine, location service, GPS, all good but weather refuses to update. On Meteor too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Mine wont work either on 3G

32gb
    iOS 5
    Not Jailbroken

Meteor Network Aswell!

have any of ye rang meteor/emobile, they wont look into it unless they get enough complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'd say it will be addressed in one of the iOS updates. I'm not too bothered. Unless it isn't fixed after the next update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Same on the mates phone it won't update on meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'd say it will be addressed in one of the iOS updates. I'm not too bothered. Unless it isn't fixed after the next update.

Sounds like Meteor don't see the server it pulls the info from TBH, shouldn't take an update to the OS to fix if it is working on most other operators.

Meteor should resolve the issue in a day or two on their side. If it is Apple then they implemented the widget oddly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

thebman wrote: »
    Sounds like Meteor don't see the server it pulls the info from TBH, shouldn't take an update to the OS to fix if it is working on most other operators.

Meteor should resolve the issue in a day or two on their side. If it is Apple then they implemented the widget oddly.

Have the same problem on iPhone 4s with iOS 5 and Meteor carrier settings version 11.0, which I installed yesterday when I starting using the phone for the first time. Weather app will only update over wifi.

It's also a problem for eMobile users who use Meteor's network, which suggests the problem may be with Meteor. Have verified this in an eMobile store using the iPhone 4S phones on display.

Could I ask anyone who has posted here and has experienced the same problem
    (weather app won't update over mobile data on Meteor and eMobile but will update over wifi) to post details of the carrier settings version they have installed? This should allow us to determine if the installed carrier settings are at fault and which version is responsible for breaking the app.

This can be viewed as follows:
    Settings->General->About and scrolling down to the Carrier section (mine says Meteor 11.0).

Liam

Meteror 11.0 but surely everyone is on this carrier setting as this is the carrier setting that's being used since ios5 launched? I know one or two might not have updated their carrier setting but don't imagine we will fine those people here.

liamcu wrote: »
    Have the same problem on iPhone 4s with iOS 5 and Meteor carrier settings version 11.0, which I installed yesterday when I starting using the phone for the first time. Weather app will only update over wifi.

It's also a problem for eMobile users who use Meteor's network, which suggests the problem may be with Meteor. Have verified this in an eMobile store using the iPhone 4S phones on display.

(weather app won't update over mobile data on Meteor and eMobile but will update over wifi) to post details of the carrier settings version they have installed? This should allow us to determine if the installed carrier settings are at fault and which version is responsible for breaking the app.

Settings->General->About and scrolling down to the Carrier section (mine says Meteor 11.0).

Liam
    anyone on ios5 has to be on meteor 11 because it's already part of ios5

guil wrote: »
    liamcu wrote: »

Liam
    anyone on ios5 has to be on meteor 11 because it's already part of ios5

Is it possible to install an earlier version of the carrier file? I've located version 10.1 elsewhere.

no i dont think so unless you're jailbroken, i wasn't asked to accept a carrier file when i updated to ios5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Same issue here, iOS 5 & Meteor, no weather updates on 3G.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Same on 4s with emobile, and Meteor 11.0 carrier settings.

• Advertisement

Have posted this also on Meteor Forum but have yet to receive a reply.

Advertisement