Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4 iOS 5 weather app not updating

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

As well as the weather app problem some of my apps close immediately after I open them but stay open second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

See thread here on Meteor Forum: http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=2643&hl=

Meteor are aware of the issue and are investigating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

so it wasnt just me! thanks everybody hopefully they'l sort it soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

2qk4u wrote: »
    As well as the weather app problem some of my apps close immediately after I open them but stay open second time.

They probably haven't been optimized for iOS 5 yet. I have this problem with Asphalt 6 on my iPad 2.

Still no update from Meteor on when this will be resolved. Bloody useless!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

prob never will be resolved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

2qk4u wrote: »

Since updating I find a lot of tasks do not complete the first time. iMessages, Tweets...they fail and I have to send them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Same. Finding the 3G data very flaky recently. Websites, app store, iTunes, Safari can take multiple attempts to complete something.

Same problem when tethering via Personal Hotspot. Page timeouts and disconnections.

Getting quite annoying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Kensington wrote: »
    Same. Finding the 3G data very flaky recently. Websites, app store, iTunes, Safari can take multiple attempts to complete something.

Same problem when tethering via Personal Hotspot. Page timeouts and disconnections.

Getting quite annoying...

"Snap" I just posted about this on another thread. Before I seen this. I just moved to Meteor from 02. I was using a 3gs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Sent them an e-mail about it there, will wait and see what they say! Probably would help if anyone else seeing the issues e-mailed in aswell, they'd be more likely to take it seriously then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kensington wrote: »
    Sent them an e-mail about it there, will wait and see what they say! Probably would help if anyone else seeing the issues e-mailed in aswell, they'd be more likely to take it seriously then.

just sent one there.

kceire wrote: »
    just sent one there.

What is the email address for Meteor to complain about this?

Liam

liamcu wrote: »
    What is the email address for Meteor to complain about this?

Liam

info@meteor.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

Also sent an email.

not expecting to hear anything tbh!

Typical, Bog Standard responce from Meteor :
    Thank you for your email.
    As per note on Forum from my colleague Steven he is looking into the matter and will contact you with all available updates.
    I am sorry I cannot be more assistance to you today.
    If you have any further queries please call customer care or email info@meteor.ie and we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Liz Cassidy
    Customer Care Administration Team
    Meteor Mobile Communications
    Email: info@meteor.ie
    Fax: 01 4307013

Sent an email with COMPLAINT in subject header to info@meteor.ie a few hours ago. No response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Sent an email with COMPLAINT in subject header to info@meteor.ie a few hours ago. No response yet.

*snigger* You expect an answer from them in a few hours?! :p A few weeks and you might have a hope...

Their customer care is woeful...really woeful. You cannot get through. The only way is via Twitter and the only reason you'll get a response is because it's public and they have to be seen to respond.

I got the 4S and there are big issues with this phone. Dropped connections to the network, even when showing 4 bars or more, calls can't get through or texts sent. It will drop, then start searching and hook up. Then after a while drop again. This is not a meteor issue though, it seems to be affecting users around the world. Yet another antenna/baseband issue. Some users have said that by changing to the 128k micro sim card, this fixes the issue. The Meteor guy in the store I talked to a few days ago was gormless and didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Started to BS me about the issue being the phone hooking up to 3G and dropping it and update the iOS etc....:confused:

Even with the iOS update the battery life is still disappointing, And that's with iCloud off, location services off, even mobile data off. But whats the point in having a smart phone like this if you have to turn everything off?

Watch out for suspicious looking text messages on your bill sent to a UK number and for which you will be charged. Apparently, this is a text message Apple sends silently to activate Facetime! Every time you mess around or do a reset this silent text is sent! Ridiculous.

Meteor and Apple have not been a great combo here at all!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You will need to contact apple and organise getting a replacement handset, I had all the very same issues, got on to apple and they sent me out a replacement, and thankfully haven't had a single issue since. I'm on eMobile by the way.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You will need to contact apple and organise getting a replacement handset, I had all the very same issues, got on to apple and they sent me out a replacement, and thankfully haven't had a single issue since. I'm on eMobile by the way.

Did you buy the phone directly from Apple though?

Rob C wrote: »
    Did you buy the phone directly from Apple though?

Nope, bought the phone online from eMobile.

• Advertisement

Nope, bought the phone online from eMobile.

OK, good stuff. eMobile use the same network I believe as Meteor so if it's working fine on your network, it shows it's a phone issue to do with Apple themselves. What it's beginning to look like is a there's been a batch of phones that were put out with this issue. On other forums I've been reading the same thing. Users with this issue getting the phone replaced and hey presto, the issue suddenly disappears when they get the replacement.

Did your phone come back all ready to go, i.e. just pop your sim in and away you went? Did you have to notify e-mobile in any way? Did you have to pay Apple?

does your weather app update over the network? ie. not on WiFi?

Did your phone come back all ready to go, i.e. just pop your sim in and away you went? Did you have to notify e-mobile in any way? Did you have to pay Apple?

They sent me out a brand new replacement, so therefore I just set it up exactly as I had done with the original one, when it prompted me to set up as a new phone or from a back up, I set it up as a new phone as I wanted to rule out any problems that might be in the back up.

After using the phone for about 20 mins all messages and calls were going no bother, I decided to restore from my back up of the original 4s and thankfully no signs of any of my previous woes.

@Kceire

Sorry, when I said all is perfect now I was referring to the texting and signal issues, like everyone else, I'm still having the problems with the weather app on 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

I had exact same problem. I went into weather app and settings. Local weather was turned off, changed it to on and now working fine.

Sorry if this has already been posted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

OK, good stuff. eMobile use the same network I believe as Meteor so if it's working fine on your network, it shows it's a phone issue to do with Apple themselves. What it's beginning to look like is a there's been a batch of phones that were put out with this issue. On other forums I've been reading the same thing. Users with this issue getting the phone replaced and hey presto, the issue suddenly disappears when they get the replacement.

I don't believe its the phone. I think it has something got to do with IOS5 on Meteor.

What I Know is that the, my 3gs with IOS5 was fine on 02.

The 3gs on Meteor and the weather app does not update plus certain things like gmail, safari or apps don't update when you you use them. I will have a few bars and still get a "can't connect"pop up. It could take 2 or 3 refresh's to get them to work.

Meteor on the 4s I am getting the same problem. Weather app not updating etc.

I don't believe its the phone. I think it has something got to do with IOS5 on Meteor.

What I Know is that the, my 3gs with IOS5 was fine on 02.

The 3gs on Meteor and the weather app does not update plus certain things like gmail, safari or apps don't update when you you use them. I will have a few bars and still get a "can't connect"pop up. It could take 2 or 3 refresh's to get them to work.

Meteor on the 4s I am getting the same problem. Weather app not updating etc.

I think we are getting two problems mixed up here, the problems I was referring to were more to to with the sending of text messages and connection issues. I firmly believe that these issues are indeed handset related whereas the issue regarding the weather app not updating and cant connect pop up are indeed meteor/emobile related.

They sent me out a brand new replacement, so therefore I just set it up exactly as I had done with the original one, when it prompted me to set up as a new phone or from a back up, I set it up as a new phone as I wanted to rule out any problems that might be in the back up.

After using the phone for about 20 mins all messages and calls were going no bother, I decided to restore from my back up of the original 4s and thankfully no signs of any of my previous woes.

@Kceire

Sorry, when I said all is perfect now I was referring to the texting and signal issues, like everyone else, I'm still having the problems with the weather app on 3G.

Nice. Was on to Apple this afternoon. I tried one last restore last night, set the phone up as new and it was still happening. I was on to some nice people in Cork and they put me through to a senior engineer there who patiently went through the issues and is arranging to have the phone taken in next week.

See thread here on Meteor Forum: http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=2643&hl=

Meteor are aware of the issue and are investigating.

****UPDATE FROM METEOR***

One of the Meteor Forum mods has suggested that it may be a whitelisting issue, i.e. Meteor may be blocking the weather app from connecting to the mobile network to download data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robbie Dunbar

This issue has now been fixed it would seem. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement