Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween ! What are you dressing up as this year??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

4leto wrote: »
    I will actually be staying in for it in the first time in years, I think it is the best night out in Dub all year round. But I am on a course of antibiotics and the course will take me into that night. I could go out and not drink,,,,,,,,yeah right,, .

wouldnt bother me not drinking on halloween, its great craic anyway and everyones in good form, easy to get yapping to people about their costumes, fun times all round really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone know somewhere in town (Dublin) that i'd get a white Karate suit? And a bandana of some sorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know somewhere in town (Dublin) that i'd get a white Karate suit? And a bandana of some sorts?

There's Mullen Sports on Capel St., and I think there's an MMA shop somewhere around town too but I'm not sure where.

Who you going as? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

:confused:

Aren't Halloween costumes supposed to be scary?

Loads of people going as Snow-White and The joker this year then. :rolleyes:

4leto wrote: »
    I will actually be staying in for it in the first time in years, I think it is the best night out in Dub all year round. But I am on a course of antibiotics and the course will take me into that night. I could go out and not drink,,,,,,,,yeah right,, .

There's only two (actually I think it's one) antibiotic that you're not allowed to drink on btw. Just double check the one you're on before you give up your halloween!!!

I made my costume last night. Looks pretty cool I have to say! Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Think Im gonna go as a female Robin Hood type thingy. My inevitably drunk guy friends can be my merry men.
    That or Jill Valentine. Depends on what I have lying around really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm going as a very creepy clown (not The Joker :pac:)

I've already disgusted and freaked a few people out with my costume so I should be all set.

Since we didn't do it last year myself and the gf were going to go as Mario & Luigi. I'd have to be Luigi, though, since she's tiny and I'm lanky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Non-scary halloween costumes are lame..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I'm getting a piece of string im going to swallow it pull it out my bum wrap around me and im going to go out as a fookin CONKER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

There's only two (actually I think it's one) antibiotic that you're not allowed to drink on btw. Just double check the one you're on before you give up your halloween!!!

I made my costume last night. Looks pretty cool I have to say! Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics next week!

Well I can drink with them there is no restriction, but technically if I go out drink a skin full I kind of undo them.

I probably will go out, I will just have to take it easy, it is a great night out in Dublin. I would hate to miss it. Besides its 5 days so I am optimistic I am rid of this phage by then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭human repellent

http://imageshack.us/f/511/costumej.jpg/

I need to fix the mask as it's come in flattened packaging so I've stuffed it with tissue / bags for a few days to puff it out, but im happy with my €45 quid spent, I'd normally do my own but this year we're going having a fancy dress and just wanted something nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Hermaphrodite (rhymes with the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I was thinking I'd go as "post-election Dana", trying to sell some cds to make a living and complaining all night that people are trying to KILL ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

My plan is a plague doctor:
    c9S4o.gif

I currently have a suitably styled masquerade mask which I'll be using for the mask and I plan on getting a pair of cheap gloves in Penney's or a pound shop and I know someone I can probably borrow a robe off of. Then I'm going to cut the eye holes in the mask a bit bigger and attack a pair of swimming goggles to them to make it seem more like a functional mask. I'll also need a good stick to poke people with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Might go as a president-elect Sean Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I grabbed a scarecrow costume in a shop last week, looked cool, hat, top, pants, blood soaked scarf with a really cool mask with zips for eyes etc... but when I opened it i realised that the mask wasn't included so when i put on the costume, my OH laughed as I looked like a Hob Goblin.

In a desperate attempt to make scary i found a little sack and cut to large crude holes for eyes and then got black tape and but it under for a mouth only cutting the black tape in places to make it look like teeth.

OH didn't laugh when I jumped out wearing the costume with the mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Myself, I shall be going as this character:

http://i.imgur.com/NE9iL.jpg

Evil Ryu from the newer Street Fighter game, I have everything I need and I spent yesterday putting the muscle suit in order ( ie, cutting a hole in the middle of it and painting it appropriately. ) And so what if people might not know who he is, its a bit more original than Zombie Gaddafi or the other typical halloween costumes you see every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

A nudist on strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I would have thought walking around with your trousers around your knees would get annoying after a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

bagman?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

An ugly guy in an ugly jacket?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Where is the hole for the mouth? Gonna have problems pleasing men with that flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Oh yeah, an idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The arse-end of a pantomime horse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A F.F bagman gangster and liar just like Sean Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Im going as the right shoulder of Orion...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

WTF is the guy in the background up to? Look at his face! And where his hands are!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Sky King wrote: »
    WTF is the guy in the background up to? Look at his face! And where his hands are!

I'm hoping he is on drugs or something..

Advertisement