Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To go to the Debs or not to go ?!!

• 21-10-2011 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey guys!!Just wondering are any of you having doubts about going to the debs nxt yr?Everyone in my year is so excited for it and planning their dates,dresses etc but like I'm not at all!I really don't see the point in wasting hundreds of euro on basically a night out but I'm afraid I'll regret not going!!any thoughts ????:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Closet Monkey

Hey guys!!Just wondering are any of you having doubts about going to the debs nxt yr?Everyone in my year is so excited for it and planning their dates,dresses etc but like I'm not at all!I really don't see the point in wasting hundreds of euro on basically a night out but I'm afraid I'll regret not going!!any thoughts ????:)

Why don't you do something with a group friends like me? I am hoping to go to Donegal with my friends and do surfing and other activities. One of my friends is driving but he takes it seriously not like the other fast drivers. The great thing about going to Donegal is that anything that happens there stays there. I would really recommend it but you might not be willing to go that far and might not have organization skills to do something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

To be perfectly honest, I don't really want to go but I think I'll regret it if I don't. Knowing the drama the predebs has caused, can't imagine what the real deal will deal will be like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

It's up to you, but you might regret it if you don't. Then again you might not! If almost everyone in your year is going I'd say go, you'll never all be together on a night out again. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Chuchoter wrote: »
    To be perfectly honest, I don't really want to go but I think I'll regret it if I don't. Knowing the drama the predebs has caused, can't imagine what the real deal will deal will be like
    hauld on there young lad, there are pre-debs partys now??? that makes even less sense....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I never went to mine, never regretted it once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Chuchoter wrote: »

What's a pre-debs? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

An excuse to party as a year group really early in the year :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I didn't go to my debs. I have never once regretted it. A friend of mine didn't go either and he also doesn't regret it. Do what you want; no point going to something you don't think you'll enjoy just because everyone else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

It all depends do you like the people that are going? no point if they are going to piss you off and you cant enjoy the night. I did transition year so I had two debs to go to but I decided to just go to my real debs(the one if I hadnt bothered doing TY) never regretted not going to other one as I just wasnt that interested in the people goin:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

in my school the people who don't do any work are all excited about the debs
    i couldn't care really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

If I had my time in LC again (shuddering at the thought), I wouldn't be bothered my hole going. Biggest waste of a night ever cos our year just didn't get along at all. We were all home by one and I went to work the next day.

Advertisement