Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSI notebook screen needed

• 21-10-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me here?

I have an MSI notebook,The screen size appears to be 11.5 inches if I've measured it correctly.I got it in Argos about 2 years ago and I'm not even sure of the model and whether that matters or not as regards to the screen.

Anyways I was hoping someone in here might be able to direct me to a good site to buy a new screen for this thing.I'm scrawling the net myself right now but just thought I'd post this up too in case some well-informed soul wished to help me.:o

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You should be able to pick one up on ebay, but before you do, find out which model and the correct screen size.. At a guess i'd say it's 10.1"

MSI Wind netbooks were released under different names too, so, you could find out which model you have, and search under those as well.

Again, at a guess, i'd say most 10.1" screens would work with it. BUT MAKE SURE.

Medion Akoya Mini, Advent 4211 and 4222 were released in Ireland and UK, and are the same as the MSI wind U100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Cheers for that Allyall,very informative.

I think mine is a Wind model anyway,So that should round it down a little.

Found out its an MSI U9O with a (suprisingly small) 8.9" screen.Narrows it down anyway.

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=msi+u90+8.9&_sacat=0&_odkw=msi+u90&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Would anyone have any worries about the first screen that pops up there?I'm thinking of going for that as its a bit cheaper.The other,more seemingly "legitimate" screens there are a good bit more expensive.

I don't know if its worth my while buying a screen for 100euro when my model of notebook is at the bottom of that page for just 40 euro more:eek:

Advertisement