Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Bolt Fluting

Options
  • 21-10-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Called up to Fergal White today to discuss my next project in more detail .Walked in on the man fluting a tikka bolt :cool:.Really turned a standard hunting rifle into something more becoming of an expensive full custom build.:cool::cool:.Take a look on his website ,guys ;)

Irish Custom Rifle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

Thats savage! He wasnt keen on doing it when he built my .270, think I'll have to take a spin back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

A friend of mine is thinking of getting his blaser bolt fluted :P . But on a serious note it looks fantastic and a credit to the gun smith .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

A friend of mine is thinking of getting his blaser bolt fluted :P . But on a serious note it looks fantastic and a credit to the gun smith .
    Ya want to see the man on the dremel tool today :p.He does it on a CNC machine .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

What are the reasons for fluting a bolt?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭stick shooter

I guess , Aesthetics and i think it looks great .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

its to stop it freezing shut during artic storms:D looks cool!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

badaj0z wrote: »
    What are the reasons for fluting a bolt?

Apart from the looks thing when you are closing the bolt, any dirt, sand, debris would be "pushed" into the fluting and prevent scroing to the inside of your receiver. Thats why most top end action manufacturers flute their bolts as standard. Keep it crisp and smooth.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement