Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to exchange currencies on the weekend?

Options
  • 21-10-2011 6:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭

aka do An Post offer this service? It's not a massive emergency so I can wait til Monday if it means avoiding the thieves at a Bureau de Change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They do according to their website.
    There's a pdf with info where to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Euskadi1888

Nice, anyone got any idea what their rates/commission is like?

Also how come I have to wait til Monday to pick up a missed delivery, when the post offices are open on a Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nice, anyone got any idea what their rates/commission is like?
    Rates are on the linked page.
    Also how come I have to wait til Monday to pick up a missed delivery, when the post offices are open on a Sat?
    Ask while you're in there?

According to that page, they will only take Euros and give you Sterling, not the other way around.... great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I know this may come as a shock OP, but there are banks open on a saturday. Google is very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

Try phoning the credit unions and see if they have the currency you need in stock. They open Saturday mornings. Also Ulster Bank Eyre Square open Saturday mornings and may have your currency either

snubbleste wrote: »
    I know this may come as a shock OP, but there are banks open on a saturday. Google is very helpful.
    In a country that closes it's banks at 4pm on a working day, yes that does come as a shock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

You have to have an account with the credit union for currency exchanges...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 missyen

Barnacles across from The Quays will exchange from 8am til 11pm every day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Credit Union 'may' change it for you even if you dont have an account if they have a lot in stock.
    As regards your missed delivey you have to head out to no-mans-land about 3 miles out the Tuam Road to the sorting office as the dont keep stuff in the Post Office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Ulster Bank is open until lunchtime.

Fexco are probably open in the tourist office, too. They operate the foreign exchange in most shops and hotels that offer a foreign exchange service. I know that the Westwood use them.

Advertisement