Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Tac prototype

Options
  • 21-10-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

As mentioned on another thread, we have been designing our new tactical stock for a while. We have made a few prototypes and have in the meantime settled on one design that will hopefully go into production.
    We will use the same production methods as in our hunting/varmint stocks meaning we will use an inlet moulding method that increases the stiffness of the rifle stock connection. Main structural material is carbon fibre.
    Even with a the adjustable cheek piece we hope to have an ultra light version of around 800 grams. This could be an advantage to FTR shooters and also have a huge advantage on the recoil behaviour of a rifle.
    Another point we are looking is the pistol grip and added raised lines that one can feel. This might help finding the previous hand position on the pistol grip. Barrel channel will take slightly over 30mm straight barrel.
    Our final E-Tac design will be fairly close to these.
    e-tac.jpg

DSCN6142.jpg

DSCN6143.jpg

DSCN6145.jpg

edi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Now ,thats a great looking stock .......any idea of price yet ?When you think they will be available to the public ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Could be interested in this in the near future ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thats a fantastic looking stock Edi. It could solve a huge problem i'm having with my FTR rig. I'm overweight with one of my barrels, and the Sinclair bipod. I've scrapped all the weight i can, but still 1.5 pound too heavy. This stock coming in at the approx weight you are saying would eliminate this issue.

Quick question. Could the magwell be "filled in"?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

nice looking stock!!what model rifles can they be made to fit?nice back garden aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

a thing of beauty there edi. when do you think it will be in production.
    and will my action fit one of them

cheers well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Having stocks of this quality available on our own shores is simply fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Excellent edi, as mentioned its great to have this product being manufactured in Ireland.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

Hope you include CZ 550 as well as remington howa and tikka

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Thanks for the positive feedback.
    We hope to be up and running by end November.
    There is no problem closing the butt hook area or mag well.
    The first verison of the E-Tac will have a remington 700
    short action inlet which is made take the original drop plate
    bottom metal. Meaning a normal remington varmint or tactical
    short action rifle can be dropped in without fitting work.
    This inlet will take all remington clones which seem
    to be on the rize again and several manufacturers in Europe are
    producing these.
    Of course one can convert a stock to a diferent rifle which will
    be more work but doable if one has the rifle to hand.
    Fitting of different mag systems is also possible.
    Another option we are thinking of is to offer a very light weight
    stock to target shooters and then have different weight cheek raisers.
    The advantage of making up weight with the cheek raiser is that
    the weight would be in line or close to, with the recoil and not increase
    muzzle flip. If one is close to a weight limit, one can replace the cheek raiser
    with a lighter one.
    edi

Id love to see that in a nice digital camo :)

• Advertisement

Id love to see that in a nice digital camo :)

You'd be the expert in that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Loooking pretty cool there Edi.

ejg wrote: »
    You'd be the expert in that.:)

By all means send it on to me and ill see what I can do :P

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Edi, that's a fantastic piece of kit you're developing there!
    I'd love to pop in to look at the prototypes, but won't be in Cork probably til around Christmas! :(
    This definitely looks like something I'd be interested in. If you'd like any advice or help with this, I'd be more than happy to help you out in any way I can.

If it's not too much of a liberty, could I make a small suggestion?

For this stock, it could be really nice to incorporate a trigger-finger-recess on both sides of the "pistol" grip. The TRG and Anschutz stocks which I currently use have these and I was just thinking to myself yesterday how handy it was, for a number of reasons. It's something you don't often find on hunting stocks but do have on more target-orientated grips (from smallbore precision stuff through to the fullbore TR and F-Class rigs) - I'm not sure why it's not seen more often on hunting stocks, but it would really be a neat addition to your already excellent design (not least coz it helps ensure that the trigger finger rests in pretty much the exact same position each and every time). Here's a pretty bad picture of what I'm talking about:

trg22copy.jpg

I'm only using the TRG stock as one example - there's loads more different versions of the type of thing I'm suggesting.

Anyway.....just a suggestion....and please feel free to tell me "dass ich am besten dem Maul halten sollte"!! ;) Otherwise hope this is of some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

As always Edi, Good work.
    I am very,very happy with my PSE custom Remmy Hunting stock.
    I have it over a year now and has been used in All weathers.

Perhaps my Remmy .223 will be sitting in one of these soon !
    Edi you are a gent to deal with and deserve all success that comes your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Great looking addition to the line Edi.
    Can't believe how much my T3 has changed for the better since I put one of your beauties on it ;)
    Great product.

dCorbus wrote: »
    Edi, that's a fantastic piece of kit you're developing there!
    I'd love to pop in to look at the prototypes, but won't be in Cork probably til around Christmas! :(
    This definitely looks like something I'd be interested in. If you'd like any advice or help with this, I'd be more than happy to help you out in any way I can.

If it's not too much of a liberty, could I make a small suggestion?

For this stock, it could be really nice to incorporate a trigger-finger-recess on both sides of the "pistol" grip. The TRG and Anschutz stocks which I currently use have these and I was just thinking to myself yesterday how handy it was, for a number of reasons. It's something you don't often find on hunting stocks but do have on more target-orientated grips (from smallbore precision stuff through to the fullbore TR and F-Class rigs) - I'm not sure why it's not seen more often on hunting stocks, but it would really be a neat addition to your already excellent design (not least coz it helps ensure that the trigger finger rests in pretty much the exact same position each and every time). Here's a pretty bad picture of what I'm talking about:

trg22copy.jpg

I'm only using the TRG stock as one example - there's loads more different versions of the type of thing I'm suggesting.

Anyway.....just a suggestion....and please feel free to tell me "dass ich am besten dem Maul halten sollte"!! ;) Otherwise hope this is of some help!

Sorry for the late reply,
    patchy internet where I am floating at the moment:)

I see what you mean with the trigger finger.
    Our stock will hopefully be a base that can be customised. Some are looking for thumb rests on the side of the stock others for a much stronger angled forend and so on.
    Please do drop in at any time. Best is to ring ahead.
    edi

Advertisement