Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing DLC arkham city (gamestop Limerick / terrible CS)

Options
  • 21-10-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭

Pre ordered arkham city in gamestop william street limerick a few weeks back seeing as they have exclusive content from gamestop with the batman beyond dlc.

Headed in today, picked it up and trotted off home to find not a single iota of dlc code included. Headed back around to the store thinking - fine, no biggy, just get another copy from the store this stuff happens...... how wrong I was lol.
    Charming :rolleyes: little lady behind the desk gives a blank stare as I explain the situ and she then says .... and I quote... "Its not our problem" :eek:. I then put it down to the fact that shes not from a natively english speaking country and politely explain again worded as easily as one could what happened and asked for a refund so I can get a copy elsewhere or they could supply the codes to me from another copy. This tactful lady replies with "I see no reason to refund you as the game is working" and that I need to email Warner Bros.
    A male co worker then approaches and involves himself and advises that the batman beyond dlc was only exclusive to ps3. With a dwane johnson eyebrow I saw "Fine, i will do", out of curiosity I check the big poster in the window for the gamestop (not warner bros) exclusive content FOR BOTH PS3 AND XBOX 360. I pop back in and mention that to the staff again to be responded to with "ehhh, yeah, email warner bros."

I'll be back in the morning to have a word with the manager but I am shocked at how sales staff cannot be so uninformed about the product they are selling and not only that but the content thats exclusive their their own specifiic company. The sheer level of ignorance was amazing, Id say one thing if the codes were there but nt working but they simply didnt supply the content that they advertised as only available to gamestop.

I know the particular branch had a reputation of terrible customer service but I had never experienced it first hand until now. Hilarious level of ignorance and what can only be described as a "fall flat on their face" level of product knowledge was literally laughable. Looking forward to listening to their manager try to justify the whole mess to me tomorrow. Should be nearly as entertaining as playing the content they should have provided!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Got all my content for my 360 copy from gamestop in the crescent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

the people in the shops rarely have a clue what there on about anyhow,

I cant stand being in a shop or that when you overhear the sales staff waffling out their arse, I mean I don't even work in half these places and I know the products better then they do, makes my blood boil so it does

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Seems to be an common problem with the DLC for Arkham City. Was on another forum which was a UK one and the some lads were saying there was no DLC in theirs either.

Check batman arkham city website there are forums on there im sure will have some good info...in fact seems to have affected a number of people.

here is word direct from Warner Bros

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/6800-Message-from-Warner-Bros.-Catwoman-DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I knew it was a potential issue, so I opened my box before I left HMV. No problems there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Rafloution wrote: »
    Seems to be an common problem with the DLC for Arkham City. Was on another forum which was a UK one and the some lads were saying there was no DLC in theirs either.

Check batman arkham city website there are forums on there im sure will have some good info...in fact seems to have affected a number of people.

here is word direct from Warner Bros

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/6800-Message-from-Warner-Bros.-Catwoman-DLC

Had a look there already, not only was it missing the catwoman dlc but the gamestop exclusive dlc. Under the consumer rights act of 1980 all goods sold must match the advertised content if not the consumer has a right to refund, repair or replacement - the option can be chosen by the seller. It also explicitly states a consumer when making a purchase for an item (and all attached content) they are entering a contract with the seller and NOT the manufacturer and as a result the refund , repair or replacement is to be carried out with the seller - not the manufacturer.

In short gamestop washing their hands of this is direct breach of the consumer rights act. They were very friendly taking cash but literally less than ten mins later the exact same staff very completely ignorant.The only changing factor was the money.

Just wrote to gamestop directly, hit up their social media side and will be heading into their manager in the morning - copy of the consumer rights act in hand- outlining their specific breaches of the law. Bottom line is if you buy something based on a shops advertisement of specific features and they simply do not produce the goods once cash is handed over its illegal. We dont buy games from publishers we buy them from gamestop so any missing parts or content is to be handled by gamestop.

A simple bit of customer service could have avoided all this but they chose to try and spit in a consumers face, consumer law and wash their hands. I will get my refund or replacement and thats me done with gamestop. I on avergae get through a game every two weeks and that cash will go elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I'd demand a refund, go around the corner to HMV and get it for €13 less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

get a photo of the advert in the shop just encase they try to pull a fast one. They haven't a leg to stand on if it's advertised as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Let us know how you get on. That is disgraceful stuff from gamestop

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd demand a refund, go around the corner to HMV and get it for €13 less.

Thats exactly what I did, they still had the cheek to try and say that its a global issue....sure, thats and explination not an excuse. Gloabal issue does not give them a right to breach our Irish consumer rights. They mentioned it could have happened in any video game store, granted, but what about the gamestop exclusive DLC? That was promised and advertised as being from gamestop and an exclusive perk for buying with them which they didnt supply. They had no recourse for that so offered a refund.

Will never be shopping there again. What a fail on their behalf, yeah, one of the busiest gaming quarters of the year...... decide to try rip off your customers, that'll bring more business to the store alright :rolleyes:

Thanks for all who replied, I hope it gives possible shoppers of gamestop something to consider at least before where to put down cash, that smiling shop assistant may not be so happy if you need to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

So you got the refund. Fair play dude, alot of people would have just taken their excuses.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got the refund. Honestly if it was just be catwoman DLC I may have taken to excuses (wrongfully) but when the gamestop exculsive stuff was missing then no way.

I hate the idea of retailer exclusive content tbh but at least it is a double edge sword, if they want to be the only ones to supply specific content then they can be the only ones to fix it if it goes wrong. Its a sales strenght but a support problem, it doesnt allow them to pass the buck.

Its funny, I have a gamerscore of 26,000g, I play a tonne of games and nearly all of that is new product. Average of about 2 games a month @ 60 quid a pop thats a nice handy regular to have coming back but I definitely wont be spending any of my cash there any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

hightower1 wrote: »
    Will never be shopping there again.
    Make sure you contact them to let them know, outlining your issue with the staff as well as the DLC. They won't notice one customer not shopping there any more, but they might take notice of an email or letter.

To contact GameStop IE, email hello@gamestop.ie -- perhaps sending a CC to GameStop Corporate (orders@gamestop.com) might be beneficial too. Emails can get ignored/spammed, so if you're not satisfied you could post a letter to their Texas based head office.

Well done, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I didn't get my codes when I bought in GameStop Dungarvan. Gave them a bell, turns out they didn't get the codes until after lunch and they were sent seperately. Got an email a few minutes later with all the codes.

Bit strange they weren't packed into the case though. I'm more inclined to blame WB myself as they left it very late to announce they were using Online Pass stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

This is a fairly well known problem and WB should sort out anyone affected:

http://kotaku.com/5851715/missing-catwoman-codes-impacted-half-a-percent-of-batman-arkham-city-gamers-heres-the-fix

I know that staff member in the Limerick Gamestop from experience. Mate of mine had trouble with her not so long ago too.

I'm in Ennis myself and I must say our local Gamestop branch is pretty good. Manager runs a fine shop and the staff have always been chosen well. They're so on the ball that they knew about this problem before release day. So anyone who Batman in Ennis got a sheet hot from the printer with DLC codes on it, just in case. This should have been done in all the shops really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

and this is why i no longer buy anything in gamestop.
    i rather buy in game around the corner much friendlier staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

post a link to this thread let them see our frustration that their staff bring outin us. seriously the staff can be so rude imo treat people with very little respect which is hard when guys serving are about 5 years younger than me on average:o

well done though make yourself heard...

01 8135350 gamestop head office based in swords as far as i know in dublin for anyone that feels agrieved with:o gamestop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Rob2D wrote: »
    This is a fairly well known problem and WB should sort out anyone affected:

http://kotaku.com/5851715/missing-catwoman-codes-impacted-half-a-percent-of-batman-arkham-city-gamers-heres-the-fix

I know that little harpy in the Limerick Gamestop from experience. Mate of mine had trouble with her not so long ago too.

I'm in Ennis myself and I must say our local Gamestop branch is pretty good. Manager runs a fine shop and the staff have always been chosen well. They're so on the ball that they knew about this problem before release day. So anyone who Batman in Ennis got a sheet hot from the printer with DLC codes on it, just in case. This should have been done in all the shops really.

Gamestop in Waterford city handed out printed copies of the codes as well. They're pretty spot on down here too, good staff in there. Glad you got your refund OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

only time I use Gamestop is to rape their sometimes ridiculous trade-in offers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked my copy of Batman in the Clare Hall branch and received a print out of the codes, and it all worked just fine.
    Apparently there was a mass of errors and issues around the game launch.
    While you had a lousy experience OP with your local GS shop I don't get the impression that it is the rule with every shop in the chain.
    As said beforex the thing to do is make a complaint.
    The issues about the game were well flagged within the company the manager and staff have a problem there.
    An email or phone call about your lousy handling by them should get your point across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'll be trading mine in at the weekend for Battlefield 3 and haven't used the code. First PM to me gets the CATWOMAN CODE as i have to say I'm not bothered with this game. Too similar to the first one and nothing new.

Advertisement