Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo artists wages

Options
  • 21-10-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Ive always wondered what kind of money are tatoo artists making. i know they all make different money depending what country they live in,what shop they work in,how much experience they have and so on,but these artists you see in the shops around town must easily be making about 2 grand + a week ?

id never personally ask anyone their income but it should be ok for us to speculate about it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Most studios usually either do a 50/50 or 60/40 (in favour of the studio) split I believe. So say you get a tattoo for €100 the studio gets €60 and the artist gets €40. This doesn't bring in tax, time spent drawing and preparing the sketch or any other factor. Also say the studio is having a slow week and you get no walk ins? I'm not sure what's done in that case.

Open to correction from someone in the business but I think that's how it operates on a very general level.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Will has got it right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

50/50 split with the shop.

If its a slow week then thats your own problem.

Advertisement