Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! Not being listened to! How can I escape Vodafone?!

Options
  • 21-10-2011 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I signed up for my iphone about eleven months ago and every single bill that has come in with the exception of about three have been completely wrong. My current tariff is 300 minutes, 300 texts, 1 gb of data and 5 free friends for sixty euro a month, however they arent taking into account my free friends when calculating my bill each month charging me around 160 euro. Every single month they say they will recalculate my bill and they never do. I have to ring customer care every single month and am stuck on for about fifteen minutes before they say they will recalculate and as I said it never happens. I was once told to just pay the extra and theyd give it back after the re calculation. If I wanted a savings account I'd open one!!!

Can anyone help me please? Do I have a case for having my contract cancelled cos this just cant go on!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Try the talk Vodafone forum. one of the lads there should be able to sort it out for ya

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

choobles wrote: »
    I signed up for my iphone about eleven months ago and every single bill that has come in with the exception of about three have been completely wrong. My current tariff is 300 minutes, 300 texts, 1 gb of data and 5 free friends for sixty euro a month, however they arent taking into account my free friends when calculating my bill each month charging me around 160 euro. Every single month they say they will recalculate my bill and they never do. I have to ring customer care every single month and am stuck on for about fifteen minutes before they say they will recalculate and as I said it never happens. I was once told to just pay the extra and theyd give it back after the re calculation. If I wanted a savings account I'd open one!!!

Can anyone help me please? Do I have a case for having my contract cancelled cos this just cant go on!?
    Write to them and email them and use the heading "Formal Complaint". Detail all your issues so far and inform them you are giving them ten days to fully remedy the situation or you will pass your complaint to ComReg and will be seeking a cancellation without penalty due to the continuous mistakes which amount to a breach of contract as well as all the previous failures of customer care to properly sort the issues again a breach of contract.

They have already breached their contract with you but you must give them the opportunity to investigate and fix the problem before you can look to be released from the contract.

Try the talk Vodafone forum. one of the lads there should be able to sort it out for ya

They can take up to a week to reply if indeed they reply at all. Their own Vodafone forums are not any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I doubt it. My experience is that the level of service in that forum is no better than the call centre. In fact, all they seem to do is get someone from their "customer care" centre to call you ..... eventually..... if you keep on their case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

Thanks for the replies! I tried their forum but after a month still no answer. I do like the letter and comreg idea I hadnt thought of that. Kinda a bit lost about it all.
    Anyone have previous experience with this sort of thing?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies! I tried their forum but after a month still no answer. I do like the letter and comreg idea I hadnt thought of that. Kinda a bit lost about it all.
    Anyone have previous experience with this sort of thing?
    I had an issue some time ago with my Vodafone at home landline and it was not resolved at all until i had sent a formal complaint to them and contacted ComReg, then they got back onto me claiming it was sorted out when it wasnt and they had already told ComReg they had resolved the issue! utterly atrocious customer care is my abiding memory of Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

I cant get over just how bad their customer service, even trying to get through is impossible.
    Formal complaint and ComReg here I come!!!
    Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

You're not the only one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75038378

How would I approach getting out of my contract in this situation now that they say they're sorting it?

dan185 wrote: »
    You're not the only one.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75038378

How would I approach getting out of my contract in this situation now that they say they're sorting it?
    They have failed imho to provide the level of customer care you should be entitled to and it beggars belief that they ignored you for two whole months. Email them and use the heading "Formal Complaint" and tell them they have ten days to sort it out fully and that you want a senior member of staff such as a customer care Manager dealing with it and if they can't sort it in a reasonable time considering they are at it 4 months now you want to be fully released from contract immediately and you will also be passing the whole sorry mess over to ComReg to investigate whether this is actually deliberate on the part of vodafone considering the numbers of customers and amounts involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Good aul VF sure ya can't bait them.......Gobsh1tes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

the GALL Please only post if you have something useful to contribute

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

dudara wrote: »
    the GALL Please only post if you have something useful to contribute

dudara
    can't argue with that,
    Comment cheerfully withdrawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

My girlfriend was having the exact same problem.
    Every month she had to ring up and complain about her bill because she was getting charged for calls and texts that she thought were included in her package.

Every month she had to give them her 5 friends and was assured they will be active for her next bill but they never were.

It's finally sorted out now and has received credit on her bill after threatening to cancel her direct debit and basically getting a bit more pissed with them on the phone.

My advice,don't be nice on the phone.
    Ring them up,be a **** or they just don't take any notice of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PMC999

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Write to them and email them and use the heading "Formal Complaint". Detail all your issues so far and inform them you are giving them ten days to fully remedy the situation or you will pass your complaint to ComReg and will be seeking a cancellation without penalty due to the continuous mistakes which amount to a breach of contract as well as all the previous failures of customer care to properly sort the issues again a breach of contract.

They have already breached their contract with you but you must give them the opportunity to investigate and fix the problem before you can look to be released from the contract.

Have to agree with this. My sister had an issue with Vodafone that went on for nearly 18 months before she finally decided to contact Comreg. The change in attitude from Vodafone was immediate. Within 10 days she got a letter from vodafone apologising for their poor customer service. They also asked her to contact Comreg to let them know the issue had been resolved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

i bought into a vodafone mobile broadband contract, found after a month that the reception was useless, told them, but was threatened with court if i didn't continue to pay up. I stopped paying, then the legal letters started, culminating in no more dealings with the VF people, had to go through their legal team of solicitors who have now ceased to deal with me and have a court order pending with me having to pay all legal expenses if i'm found to be wrong. How can i be wrong if i've no reception? It's my mothers computer, but she had no bank a/c to do the d/d, so i used my bank a/c for her. Now she's distraught and wants to pay them off, €190 euro, i don't think she should pay them, b/b reception is about .25mbs, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

headmaster - did you decide to stop paying without first trying to resolve the problems with Customer Service? You can't stop paying a contract just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

You should never pay an incorrect bill. You should have cancelled your direct debit, write to them informing them you're doing this and the reason you're doing it and that you're happy to pay once the issue had been addressed by them. Also, give a timeframe that you expect the issue fixed. Paying an incorrect bill implies that you accept the incorrect charges on the bill. Sure they might cut you off for a time but if it ever came down to it it's documented that you were in the right and acting within your rights; they wouldn't have a leg to stand on with regard any monies owed. You wouldn't pay a restaurant bill if it wad wrong, the same applies with utilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

cambo2008 wrote: »
    My girlfriend was having the exact same problem.
    Every month she had to ring up and complain about her bill because she was getting charged for calls and texts that she thought were included in her package.

Every month she had to give them her 5 friends and was assured they will be active for her next bill but they never were.

It's finally sorted out now and has received credit on her bill after threatening to cancel her direct debit and basically getting a bit more pissed with them on the phone.
    Turns out the customer service was full of **** yet again.
    Still being charged for the 5 "free" numbers.
    Unbelievably incompetent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

dudara wrote: »
    headmaster - did you decide to stop paying without first trying to resolve the problems with Customer Service? You can't stop paying a contract just like that.

Read my post

Advertisement