Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 suddenly not loading games

• 21-10-2011 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

My 40GB PS3 was working fine, I turned it off and when I turned it on an hour later, I put in a game (clean, unscratched, had previously worked fine), but the game wouldn't load. I keep getting a spinning circle where the disk logo would normally appear, and finally the PS3 freezes.

The spinning circle stays on screen even after the game disc is removed.

It plays DVDs fine, but isn't loading any of the clean, unscratched games which had previously worked just fine.

No error messages appear.

Everything else on the PS3 works fine- i.e. I can attach external hard drives, play DVDs, access the PS Store etc.

When there is a game disk in the PS3, the only button which works on the controller is the home button. When there is no game, or a DVD, the controllers work fine.

I've tried this;
    Step 1 - Turn off the playstation 3 by holding the power button on the front of the unit till the power light is red.
    Step 2 - Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the playstation 3 is powering on.
    Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
    Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (power light is red).
    Step 3 - Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the playstation 3 to power on.
    Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any ideas?

Blu ray drive/laser is done for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

try takeing out the hard drive give a clean with a paint (art paint brush) and give the hard drive socket a good clean too that should do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

F1ngers wrote: »
    Any ideas?

Blu ray drive/laser is done for.

Is this something I could fix myself?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If you're any way handy with a screw driver and can follow instructions in a video, there will be no issues.
    Search you tube for videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

try takeing out the hard drive give a clean with a paint (art paint brush) and give the hard drive socket a good clean too that should do it

Its nothing to do with the hard drive !

As said its the blu ray drive !
    Replacement of laser is all that's needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement