Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cash injection for splashworld

Options
  • 21-10-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

i read this on facebook today-anybody know what they plan to do?

Fine Gael Waterford Deputy, Paudie Coffey, has welcomed the announcement from Minister for State at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport Michael Ring, that funding has been allocated for Splashworld Swimming Pool in Tramore.

“Splashworld is a hugely popular local amenity and over 100,000 people passed through the centre last year. The swimming pool is of the highest standard and has held a white flag for the last ten years. This is a quality award for gymnasiums and pools which covers issues such as staff training, environmental issues, hygiene, pool water quality, health and safety and management.

“In the current economic climate €400,000 is a huge sum of money and must be welcomed across the board. This funding must be spent by the end of this year, so I would encourage Splashworld to progress its plans as quickly as possible so that the funds can be availed of fully. I have been pressing the Minister on this matter and am delighted that the representations I have made over the last number of months have reaped such positive rewards.

“This funding will help to improve access to the pool and will encourage more people to visit the centre which, in turn, will help to secure jobs. The centre employs 40 people during peak times and is an important employer for the area. This funding demonstrates that the Government is committed to securing jobs and protecting amenities for local communities.”

Comments

Advertisement