Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAP Collar - Fantastic !!

• 21-10-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I had to write in about the DAP collar I purchased recently for my dog. I've bought the DAP plug in and found that to be very effective but only in-doors. This time of year she gets very nervous when she hears fireworks and over the years its been so difficult to walk her from mid-Sept to just after Halloween. But this collar has made a big difference. Last year she wouldn't even get out of the car but now shes having a good long walk and shes relaxed and sniffing and all that.

I would highly recommend this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭evilmonkee

My little lady came from a rescue. While she was there she was fitted with a DAP collar , as is the usual for that rescue.
    Unfortunately she had such a rough time in the rescue, it was such a stressful situation for her (the rescue did great work in trying to help her but the environment just didn't suit) they fitted a second one to keep her somewhat-stable.

Instead of leaving the collar on for the 4 weeks (I have no idea how long it was on for prior to her leaving) I snipped it off after her being home for 2 weeks.

She threw a strop for about 30 hours, starting a few hours after I removed the collar.
    She refused to come out of her bed/the kitchen, refused to sit with us, and refused to eat. She even growled at me when I handed her a rasher....

Basically the point I'm trying to make is that DAP's are really good. BUT make sure the dog doesn't become too dependent and don't snip it off until after its run out, unless you want a dog with mood swings similar to quitting smoking!

Advertisement