Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravision Giftcard Issue!

Options
  • 21-10-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

About a month and a half ago I went into my local Xtravison and traded in some games to the value of €30, the game I picked out to get was only €15 the guy said that he would give me the other €15 as store credit but said he had to put it on a giftcard as it was the only way he could do it. I said that was fine as it is where I usually get my games there.

Fastforward to today and I went in to get Arkham City, I went up to the counter with my card, the girl asked me how much should be on it, I told her €15, and she then scanned. She told me that the card wasn't activated, I wasn't pleased and proceeded to tell her about the situation. The guy who I had dealt with was there and he came over and spoke to the lady who with me and told her he remembered the transaction. They then asked me if I had the receipt from my previous purchase, I said I did at home. And they asked me to go in and get it. I begrudgingly did. When I brought back in my receipt they showed me the receipt they had found for the card. Apparently somewhere there is a card with €15 on it but it's not the one I have. Now I know that there is no way that I have another card as this is the only one I have ever gotten from Xtravision and I put it away specifically to use when buying this game. So they are saying it's my fault, but I know it isn't.

I asked to speak to the manager, but he said that she was on holidays and that she will probably say the same thing. Which she probably will as I have dealt with her and I know she is cnut. I then asked if he could give me details for the head office and he said they will probably do the same thing. He gave me a free can of coke to make up for it!

Anything I can do guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    About a month and a half ago I went into my local Xtravison and traded in some games to the value of €30, the game I picked out to get was only €15 the guy said that he would give me the other €15 as store credit but said he had to put it on a giftcard as it was the only way he could do it. I said that was fine as it is where I usually get my games there.

Fastforward to today and I went in to get Arkham City, I went up to the counter with my card, the girl asked me how much should be on it, I told her €15, and she then scanned. She told me that the card wasn't activated, I wasn't pleased and proceeded to tell her about the situation. The guy who I had dealt with was there and he came over and spoke to the lady who with me and told her he remembered the transaction. They then asked me if I had the receipt from my previous purchase, I said I did at home. And they asked me to go in and get it. I begrudgingly did. When I brought back in my receipt they showed me the receipt they had found for the card. Apparently somewhere there is a card with €15 on it but it's not the one I have. Now I know that there is no way that I have another card as this is the only one I have ever gotten from Xtravision and I put it away specifically to use when buying this game. So they are saying it's my fault, but I know it isn't.

I asked to speak to the manager, but he said that she was on holidays and that she will probably say the same thing. Which she probably will as I have dealt with her and I know she is cnut. I then asked if he could give me details for the head office and he said they will probably do the same thing. He gave me a free can of coke to make up for it!

Anything I can do guys?
    Write to their head office and let them know that your card was not topped up with the amount and the store are refusing to pay you what they owe you! the fact they gave your card to someone else or stuck it in their pocket is not your problem it is theirs! they owe you €15 and promised you a gift card but have failed to deliver that promise!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

talk to head office about it, it should be impossable for a customer to end up with a card that hasn't been activated rather than used

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

There concern is that you may have used the card elsewhere or still have it at home and may present it again. There is an easy way to resolve it though.

The transaction details from the receipt should be enough for them to be able to trace the gift card that was topped up with the €15.00 and check if it had since being used. Furthermore any electronic gift voucher system will be able to transfer the balance from one card to another.

All of this will most likely have to be done by head office / IT as the local store won't have access to the back end of the voucher system. I'm sure the manager or head office will take this stance for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Dont let them away with it. This is even bad publicity for them. They wouldn't like getting their name dragged through the sh..

Advertisement